The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Business Trip by Kyle Purnell (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6955

Looks pretty nice, I'm always looking for business card tricks. Anyone have this yet?
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Might not be a good sign when every time the card vanishes they run it at quadruple speed.
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Well, two things they seem to be suggesting...

1. Bill can be examined, as it is allowed to casually flutter to the table.
2. Actual signed card is placed in the bill, and then arrives under wallet.

Neither of these are possible, so I guess there was a bit of editing. Maybe fair in this case, as magicians could easily reverse engineer.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2399 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Well, after all, there is a g*****k.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
888 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Kyle is a buddy of mine and he showed me this back when he first was working on it. The gimmick is really clever. You truly seem to be placing the signed card in, and the gimmick is so innocent you can toss it on the table as if you didn't care about the bill. All the heat is on the card at this point so you can do any dirty work you might want to while they are looking at the card. I promise you after seeing this in person, it looks just as good as it does in the demo. You have to remember that magic trailers are geared towards all magicians, so companies like to make them cool and make creative editing choices, that being said, if it has Kyle's name attached to it, I promise you its workable in the real world
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
512 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
I recently got a chance to see this bad boy in action. It is a clever piece of magic along with a clever gimmick. I definitely see myself using this. I give this a strong 10/10! Nicely done Kyle!
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Too much editing for me.. Would it be that obvious to us if we seen a full performance that we could reverse engineer it and make our own gimmick?
I just want to see a FULL performance.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2315 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Sometimes I don't get the comments. If you have no idea than this is a great trick for a great price. If you have some idea, I assume you are paying for,the gimmick or gimmick instruction for a bill that appears to vanish a business card that I assume has been switched before in any number of ways for a signed card that can then appear any number of places.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1011 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Nothing makes me put my money away faster then a over hype video.

A while back everyone (mostly) was all excited about a trick were you threw a small object at a dollar.
The video looked like it was heavly edited. I didn't purchase even though many did. I saw it in person - what a pice of sh**, good call!

This may be good and I am looking for items that will fit in my wallet, that is not another card trick, but I need to see it in a better format.

Show me the product from start to finish clearly, and if it's really good, and it meets my needs, I'll purchase it.
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
512 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Here is an unedited performance from the creator himself!
http://youtu.be/hIl5pmdJ7WU
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of magikyle
Hi all!
Kyle here. Thanks for the interest in the effect!
Please feel free to check out the unedited performance that Danny just posted. I'm not looking to fool anyone with the uncut performance, but hopefully you'll be able to see if this is something that would work for you!
I am only ever interested in developing working material. This is something that is easy to carry, easy to perform, has about a 180 degree viewing angle, and (imho) looks really good live.
I think the editors probably sped up the footage around the vanish due to the camera's unblinking eye. From my experience, the vanish flies SO smoothly in the real world. If it didn't, then I would not have pursued releasing it Smile

I'll try to be as active as I can on here to answer as many questions as I can as they come up!

thanks again,

Kyle
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2315 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Looks good
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1011 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Outstanding, thank you very much for the video link!

Simple; straight forward; exactly what I need to see.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2851 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Just purchased and immediately received the instant download. Very clever idea!
There is some arts and crafts involved but the process is gone over well. I was a little confused regarding one process but I'll rewatch. This is something you can keep in you wallet and resets instantly. A great way to hand out your business card.
The handling was simple and some additional ideas were also gone over.
The trailer is acurate. What you see is what you get even with the speedy camera shot.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1359 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Do you need to destroy a bill?
Does it works with euros?
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2851 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2016, Ceierry wrote:
Do you need to destroy a bill?
Does it works with euros?

Yes
I can't see why you couldn't ??
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks so much for the unedited performance. I would really like to purchase it. I have however two questions. I seem to have heard a big noise at 1:38. I suppose it's related to the gimmick, but is it really always that noisy ? Most of the time, when I have occasions to do tricks, there is not much noise around me. Secondly, when the spectator looks at the bill at the moment the business card disappears, what's the likelihood he will see that the bill is not normal if he is close to you ? Do you need to step back a little bit (so as to put some distance between you and the spectators) to perform that trick ? I have lot of bill tricks, some I like pretty much but most can't be performed very close (e.g., EB, Five, Money).
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Thanks for the unedited performance, Kyle. Looks great- love the switch, as the handling of the items is perfectly justified by the patter.By the time they wrap their head around the disappearance and reappearance, that bit won't even be remembered.

I'd like to try and customize the patter further to relate to my business. Really cool.
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of magikyle
Mh1001: The sound at 1:38 was just the bill folding over....nothing to do with the gimmick Smile You will have absolutely no problems with the gimmick making a sound. Regarding your second question, the spectator's eye's are fixated on the point in the bill in which they just saw the card. When the bill is opened, that action actually displaces the gimmick, so they can be pretty close, and won't see anything they shouldn't. Full disclosure, I wouldn't recommend them staring at the bill too long, but as long as you keep it moving at a slow to casual tempo, all will be above suspicion.
Ceierry: I will echo Davidpaul$ and say that I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work with any foreign currency Smile
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks the answer, Kyle. Regarding the 2nd question, I have no problem with moving the bill at a slow tempo, as I usually do this with Five (Xeon Steel). The awkward thing with Five is that I change bills over and over again, and always keep moving the bill to avoid flashing the thickness and the extremities of the bill(s). At least with Five, I think I can more or less justify that move, so as it appears natural, as that's how I do the bill change; something like "I move, move and the bill changes as I move". But if the only requirement of your gimmick is to make it move slowly, naturally, during the brief instant they see it, I don't see any problems.

It's sad the intro price at Penguin already is gone, otherwise I would have bought it already. So, now I will wait a little bit more to see what reviewers have to say, but I'm pretty sure I will buy that item and leave comments. I always love tricks with money, especially bills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Business Trip by Kyle Purnell (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL