The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chan Canasta resources (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kou
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of kou
Can anyone recommend any material on Chan Canasta (besides the kind of expensive volumes by Britland)? I'm looking for both historical material and published effects.

Thanks,
kou
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
As far as I'm aware, you are very unlikely to find any material other than the material in the David Britland book (I regard the separate volumes as one book). When Martin Breese commissioned David Britland to write the Canasta book, one of the main intentions was to find and compile the available source material.

In his fine book, Britland refers to two televised Canasta performances which have survived on videotape. I hear that copies of this taped material do circulate, but are not available from any official source as far as I'm aware.

The only published item by CC that I have is a 4 page booklet called 'A Miracle Discovery', which is a card location principle. Without wishing to sound unfair, might I say this is perhaps not quite as earth-shattering as the title would suggest.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Hi!
First of all,a fact that i believe not many people know about.
There is a fiction book called ADAM RESURRECTED by Yoram Kaniuk.
The main character is based on Chan Cabasta.

I have a few articles about Chan Canasta
from the 80's and a big one from 1993 i think.
Quite a big article the 1993 one.
They are all in hebrew.
I guess it's time to learn hebrew...
Anyway,i will trade a copies of them for other articles about him.
If anyone intrested.

Yaniv Deautsch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chan Canasta resources (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL