The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Idea for music video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fraser Gould
View Profile
New user
Tokyo, Japan
97 Posts

Profile of Fraser Gould
I've been asked by an indie band here in Tokyo to help them with some magic in a promotion video for one of their songs. This is all of the information I have gotten from them so far regarding their vision:

"Basically, there are two magicians... They are initially friends working together as a duo on TV, and then one of them decided to go his own way and drop his partner. (The video might show them doing tricks together on TV) They later meet at a school renion, and the rejected guy watches as his old partner struggles to pull off a trick in front of the crowd. He steps up and helps him with the trick, gaining back his self respect.
That's basically the gist of the story for the video, but the song itself is a nostalgic, mellow but upbeat kind of tune."

Reading this, it does have a Burt Wonderstone vibe to it, but I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

I've never been part of a magic duo, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what tricks might be suitable for this video. Obviously I don't want to provide anything that might count as exposure... I was thinking that the trick the magician "struggles with" might be topsy turvey bottles or something like that. Or maybe a cut & restored routine? Or maybe the "slighted" magician is the one who always secretly added slush powder to a cup of liquid, then at the show sees his old partner has forgotten to add the powder, and so runs up and secretly adds it just in time?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm meeting with the band and the video director next week. I'm sure I'll get a better idea of their vision at that meeting, but I'd like to be prepared with a few possibilities for them.
Fraser Gould
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Idea for music video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL