The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Small World by Patrick Redford (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I recently came across this booklet by Patrick Redford, after having researched methods for OOTW. I currently perform 2 methods.

For a long time, I had been performing Jon Armstrongs 2 phase version that can be found on his L&L DVD set, then after reading Ben Blau's A Pale Blue, I really dismissed it at first. After Skyping with Ben, in which the OOTW fooled me, I immediately started to work it, and now is one of my go to OOTW.

Fast forward to last week, in which I was researching other OOTW methods, and I stumble upon Patrick Redford's Small World, so I thought I would post my review of it, after having obtained it from Patrick.

SMALL WORLD by PATRICK REDFORD

52 pages in length

Phase 1: Tiny World
Effect: Subject correctly separates 3 black cards from 3 red cards.

Thoughts: What I like about this phase as also in the booklet, is that Patrick starts out small, and then builds up more and more. In this case, Tiny World is just that, 3 cards freely selected by the participant are separated.

Phase 2: Small World
Effect: Now the subject separated 5 black cards from 5 red cards.

Thoughts: an extension of Tiny World that uses 10 cards. Very good IMHO. Your spectator will not have a clue as to the method.

There is a nice variation called Mad World similar to Small World, and Patrick makes sure you understand this. Pictures are shown, and everything is very clear and concise.

Phase 3: Perfect World

The subject matches the numerical value of his cards with the random numerical order of the performer's shuffled packet.

Thoughts: This is smart, and uses a move that is original to Patrick, and something that once learning it, could be adapted to other things as well, like ESP cards, objects, etc.

Everything is clearly laid out so that the reader does not fumble, and is very easy to understand.

Patrick writes as if he was next to you explaining what you are to do.

Alternate Phase

Unexpected Phase

Effect: The subject matches all but one card in each pile. Upon turning over a business card that has been in full view, it predicts the miss in both piles and the exact position of each.

This is a variation of Mad World, if you opt to perform this for that.

Then Patrick goes over the Full Routine,a nd gives you three different sets that you could perform

1: Tiny World,Unexpected World,Perfect World
2: Tiny World, Mad World,Perfect World
3: Tiny World, Small World, Perfect World

The booklet has 2 bonuses:

1: Opposites Attract
Effect: From a face down eight card pack of kings and queens, the subject manages to pair a king with a queen perfectly separating the cards into coupled pairs
2: Wild World
Effect: Ten cards: Four Kings, Four Queens, and a pair of Jacks representing people in a small town are mixed and separated into 2 piles. When flipped they are seen to have coupled themselves into four male/female coupled perfectly with one same sex couple proving that opposites do attract.

All in all, this is a great release from Patrick that I am glad that I stumbled upon. The ideas presented here could be used in conjuction with any card set, or could stand on their own. For fans of OOTW, this is something to look into, since everything seems very fair throught the phases, and each phase just gets better and better.

Thanks Patrick

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Sounds great
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Where is this available?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On May 2, 2016, Jerskin wrote:
Where is this available?

I got you buddy: http://bfy.tw/5Yw6

first one.
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
It's in the Magicbox sale (£4.99) for anybody in the UK that's interested in this
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 2, 2016, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On May 2, 2016, Jerskin wrote:
Where is this available?

I got you buddy: http://bfy.tw/5Yw6

first one.

Haha The Sponge. I love that link, not seen that before. Brilliant demo from Patrick. Shame they weren't all like that.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
It's one of my go to effects. It's also available from Redford's site: http://patrickredford.com/smallworld.html
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On May 2, 2016, hornet wrote:
It's in the Magicbox sale (£4.99) for anybody in the UK that's interested in this

Thanks Alex and hornet.

Just ordered from Magicbox Smile

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I really liked this and bought it a while ago. Personally I couldn't figure out how to do it. Could just be me, sometimes it is. I wish Patrick would create a short DVD explanation. It would be a whole lot easier.

Worth getting if you can learn it.

J
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I rewatched the video and can't see how it's possible it worked out blue and red down the line. Can anyone watch and say hey john you idiot watch closer...or something like that.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
Quote:
On May 4, 2016, John C wrote:
I rewatched the video and can't see how it's possible it worked out blue and red down the line. Can anyone watch and say hey john you idiot watch closer...or something like that.

Hey John, you idiot, watch closer (or something like that!) Smile
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Hi John,

Each phase presented in the video is explained in full in the manuscript. No detail is left un turned. If you have any specific questions about the video in question, please PM me. I'll do my best to help.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 5, 2016, tincture wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2016, John C wrote:

Hey John, you idiot, watch closer (or something like that!) Smile

Ok, ok. Watching.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 5, 2016, Patrick Redford wrote:
Hi John,

Each phase presented in the video is explained in full in the manuscript. No detail is left un turned. If you have any specific questions about the video in question, please PM me. I'll do my best to help.

I'm not saying it's not I'm just saying something like this to me is way better communicated visually than on paper.

Thanks

J
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
We just posted a video tutorial on our site to make it accessible to those who are more visual learners. There is some neat bonus material that's on the video that didn't appear in the book...of course there is bonus material in the book that doesn't appear on the video....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Small World by Patrick Redford (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL