The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dream Act by Shin Lim (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, catweazle wrote:
Yeah but you still get one smoke device, the others needed are supposed to be cheap and easy to get, hence the reason they were nor included, still expensive though as most of the routine is pretty easy, only the dupes are hard to guess how he got them (imo)
but I'm pretty sure he uses them.

He does not use dupes. Buy his "Topit Revolution" to find out how he does it.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Thanks!
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1436 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, Tally_NSA wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, catweazle wrote:
Yeah but you still get one smoke device, the others needed are supposed to be cheap and easy to get, hence the reason they were nor included, still expensive though as most of the routine is pretty easy, only the dupes are hard to guess how he got them (imo)
but I'm pretty sure he uses them.

Where you can find the "Topit Revolution" ??
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, Ceierry wrote:

Where you can find the "Topit Revolution" ??

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55575

but if that is included in shin's dvd package it makes it good value, I'm still not totally convinced it is though.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1436 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Yes that's the one I've found but I believe it's not included with this package right??
ASCII
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of ASCII
I'm 99% sure there is a dup involved, I don't know the exact method (but I can guess ) but I seem to remember someone posting a screenshot of the before and after signature showing the differences, whtch implies the volunteer was in on it and signed a card earlier.
That being said I have no issues with a performer using a duplicate or sudo duplicate signature in a performance or tv show appearance when your job is deception it's all fair game. but using a stooge / dup at fism I think is getting close to crossing a line. I also think people thinking of buying this act should know what they're getting.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
So, not even a DVD set? What? Streaming only again. So you don't even get to own the video. Just rent it for a while?

What a rip off, just a box with a smoke device in it, no television performance rights either.

So what exactly is a person receiving for $200?

I prefer the streaming method. More and more computers are being sold without DVD drives now. I test drove a car last week without a CD player in it.
This isn't a rip off - it reduces production costs and if you've got access to the Internet, you have access to the instruction. That's just the direction in which technology is moving.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, takeachance wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, fireisyummy wrote:
That being said, his act on fool us was one of the greatest pieces of magic to have ever been shown on TV.

WOW, you haven't seen much magic on TV have you, or you're a huge fan LOL! I thought it was boring, in fact only got half way through and tuned out. Technically it was probably good, but you would have to be a card enthusiast to really like it. Some of the magic shown on European TV is beautiful and elegant. You could also go way back to Copperfield flying on stage and so many other examples of great magic on TV. I wasn't going to comment on this until you made that incredible statement. I guess it comes down to different strokes.

The second half is, in my opinion, where this really picked up.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, ASCII wrote:
I'm 99% sure there is a dup involved, I don't know the exact method (but I can guess ) but I seem to remember someone posting a screenshot of the before and after signature showing the differences, whtch implies the volunteer was in on it and signed a card earlier.
That being said I have no issues with a performer using a duplicate or sudo duplicate signature in a performance or tv show appearance when your job is deception it's all fair game. but using a stooge / dup at fism I think is getting close to crossing a line. I also think people thinking of buying this act should know what they're getting.

the bag to mouth transpo has to be a dupe, because its the only way!! (its pretty clear how he makes the change happen there, the bag could be totally sealed and still be able to do it;))
the behind the back transpo could be the topit revo, but I'm not so sure tbh, I still think he uses a dupe there too.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1506 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
but using a stooge / dup at fism I think is getting close to crossing a line.

My wife was Shin Lim's spectator at FISM. There was no stooging or prep. But, hey, we shouldn't be speculating on methods.

Mike
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Yes we should, its part of the rules for latest and greatest Smile
It might be annoying, but every thread here does it Smile
ASCII
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of ASCII
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, Michael Daniels wrote:
Quote:
but using a stooge / dup at fism I think is getting close to crossing a line.

My wife was Shin Lim's spectator at FISM. There was no stooging or prep. But, hey, we shouldn't be speculating on methods.

Mike

you correct I'm assuming he only has one method for this and for all I know he has another method to be used when in competition. but then again he would only require one of the two signatures to be a duplicate so perhaps your wife was the one that wasn't stooged and it was the other volunteer who pre-signed a card.
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
you correct I'm assuming he only has one method for this and for all I know he has another method to be used when in competition. but then again he would only require one of the two signatures to be a duplicate so perhaps your wife was the one that wasn't stooged and it was the other volunteer who pre-signed a card.

You raise an interesting question: which version of the Dream Act are people buying? If it the FISM version? Or the Penn and Teller version? I would want to know first before buying. I would be very unhappy to spend $200 and find out you also need a stooge in order to get the act to work correctly.
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, Tally_NSA wrote:

FYI - I've just been proved wrong via Personal Messages on this comment by me. So, apologies for an incorrect remark.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1506 Posts

Quote:
perhaps your wife was the one that wasn't stooged and it was the other volunteer who pre-signed a card.

My wife was in the critical (second card selected) role.

Mike
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
Quote:
perhaps your wife was the one that wasn't stooged and it was the other volunteer who pre-signed a card.

Mike

The first spectator signs the card live and has not signed any cards before the performance and is not a stooge, neither is the second and they have not signed anything before either.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1506 Posts

Quote:
On May 9, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
The first spectator signs the card live and has not signed any cards before the performance and is not a stooge, neither is the second and they have not signed anything before either.

Correct - certainly for the FISM competition.

Mike
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mike

So, this is confirmation that this is the FISM version of the act, using no stooges.

Is there any video footage of the FISM version of this act?
lrodriguez16
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of lrodriguez16
I am curious about the smoke from mouth, could that be bought somewhere else? Thanks in advance!
fireisyummy
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
Interesting that he decided to just use initials then...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dream Act by Shin Lim (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL