The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Retention Z by Zee J. Yan (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Hello all, Xavior here from Lost Art Magic. Last week, we released Retention Z by Zee J. Yan, a collection of Zee's personal takes on retention vanish and coin thru hand routine. This collection contains some of the best takes on the move as well as the routines that we have seen, if you are looking into expand your arsenal and knowledge on the retention vanish, we urge you to check out the trailer here. http://bit.ly/retentionz




“An Extremely Clean method for one of the Most Powerful effects in coin magic.” – Kainoa Harbottle

“Slow. Gentle. Perfect. Watching Zee’s retention vanish makes me want to re-examine my approach. The pull through visual is actually absurd; I’ve used it since he showed me.” – Branden Wolf

“Wow. Fooled me the first 3 times I saw it. I have a lot of respect for Zee’s dedication to create minimal motion with the vanish.” – Eric Jones

“Best Retention Vanish I have ever seen. The coin thru hand isn’t something I liked, until I saw this. Felt like it actually melted thru his hand.” – Chris Ramsay

“Zee has real soft touch with coins, this is the exact Key objective of my own work. I love his magic!” –Lawrens Godon
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3177 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Wow ! I always wanted to learn the Retention Vanish this looks awesome Nice job !
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Bought this, as I was never happy with the 'trigger finger' tell that is apparent in most versions...

The featured vanishes are beautiful, as is the coin through hand. My one complaint is that they never show complete, up to speed performances- only the edited ones from the demo with annoying music played over top.

Also, the vanishes are done with a silver-dollar sized coin. Would have liked to see it performed with a half as well.

Advice to all video instruction producers- PLEASE take time to watch 10 minutes of any Michael Ammar ETM DVD and get a clue as to how to properly teach with the camera. Your customers will love you for it.
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Thanks for the feedback just so you know the coin used in the instruction is a walking Liberty half dollar. So you got your wish!!
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
My mistake then, Xavior.Thanks.

The vanishes are great and I look forward to trying them out.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
198 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Looks great! Saw it on your instagram and wanted to learn it. Thought for sure it was gonna be a 30$ video. But for 9$!? This is a steal. Thanks for your humble pricing. I wil be buying this as soon as I return home in a few days.
Will try to write a review.
Thanks!!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Man, I'm almost sorry I bought this after suffering through the music. (Not to my taste, and LOUD compared to the rest of the audio). Might even affect any future purchases from this creator! Zee - Why?

Haven't viewed the balance of the video yet. Hopefully that music is over with and won't reappear during the rest of the vid.

Jim
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
In Zee's defense he is not the editor. I am. And the music for the trailer doesn't define the whole project. Perhaps before writing a review of the product you should watch it. BTW there is no other music on the download only the beginning with the trailer.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On May 7, 2016, XaviorSpade wrote:
Thanks for the feedback just so you know the coin used in the instruction is a walking Liberty half dollar. So you got your wish!!


Uhh, not true. That's an American Silver Eagle Walking Liberty Dollar you are using, not a Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

Jim
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2016, XaviorSpade wrote:
Thanks for the feedback just so you know the coin used in the instruction is a walking Liberty half dollar. So you got your wish!!


Uhh, not true. That's an American Silver Eagle Walking Liberty Dollar you are using, not a Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

Jim


My mistake you are correct. The technique does not change for a half dollar however.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, XaviorSpade wrote:
In Zee's defense he is not the editor. I am. And the music for the trailer doesn't define the whole project. Perhaps before writing a review of the product you should watch it. BTW there is no other music on the download only the beginning with the trailer.


Just finished, Xavier. The retention passes were OK; not better than others I have used. Coin-through-hand effects didn't do anything for me, unfortunately.

If you edited the video Xavier you should consider that loud music during the entire first minute can set the tone for watching the rest of the video. Also, the lighting wasn’t very good. Whenever the coins were laying on Zee's palm it was difficult to see what kind of coin it was because the light was reflecting back at the viewer. Just a thought. Smile

Thank you.

Jim
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Thanks for the feedback and I'll take that into consideration!
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1244 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, XaviorSpade wrote:
In Zee's defense he is not the editor. I am. And the music for the trailer doesn't define the whole project. Perhaps before writing a review of the product you should watch it. BTW there is no other music on the download only the beginning with the trailer.


Just finished, Xavier. The retention passes were OK; not better than others I have used. Coin-through-hand effects didn't do anything for me, unfortunately.

If you edited the video Xavier you should consider that loud music during the entire first minute can set the tone for watching the rest of the video. Also, the lighting wasn’t very good. Whenever the coins were laying on Zee's palm it was difficult to see what kind of coin it was because the light was reflecting back at the viewer. Just a thought. Smile

Thank you.

Jim


Really???? your moaning about the music and the lighting and you cant see what coin is being used. Ffs its a bloody $9 tutorial jim not a box office hit! Next you'll be moaning about there was no bag of popcorn with the tutorial!

Kieran
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1032 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2016, XaviorSpade wrote:
In Zee's defense he is not the editor. I am. And the music for the trailer doesn't define the whole project. Perhaps before writing a review of the product you should watch it. BTW there is no other music on the download only the beginning with the trailer.


Just finished, Xavier. The retention passes were OK; not better than others I have used. Coin-through-hand effects didn't do anything for me, unfortunately.

If you edited the video Xavier you should consider that loud music during the entire first minute can set the tone for watching the rest of the video. Also, the lighting wasn’t very good. Whenever the coins were laying on Zee's palm it was difficult to see what kind of coin it was because the light was reflecting back at the viewer. Just a thought. Smile

Thank you.

Jim


That's the whole point of a good retention vanish. The glimmer of the coin just before you close your hand is essential to having a good illusion. And yes, I do have the download.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
I am very glad I bought this download.
He teachs three variations of RV. I like the first one. I will definetly use this one.
The instruction is very simple and clear.
The sound didn't bother me at all. I even like the music.
Thanks!
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
I agree with an earlier post that it really took away from the learning experience by not showing any full speed versions from a non-exposed angle.
This was a huge oversight in my mind. They should have began each segment with an actual performance of the sleight to give you a better idea if it was something that would even interest you, and if you did wish to pursue it you would have a much better idea of what it was supposed to look like.
Can't believe this was omitted especially when the actual explanation was bogged down with almost too many little details.

I honestly cannot tell you if Zee's retention vanish is very good or not because even after watching the video I have still never seen it.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:
I agree with an earlier post that it really took away from the learning experience by not showing any full speed versions from a non-exposed angle.
This was a huge oversight in my mind. They should have began each segment with an actual performance of the sleight to give you a better idea if it was something that would even interest you, and if you did wish to pursue it you would have a much better idea of what it was supposed to look like.
Can't believe this was omitted especially when the actual explanation was bogged down with almost too many little details.

I honestly cannot tell you if Zee's retention vanish is very good or not because even after watching the video I have still never seen it.


This is exactly what I was trying to say earlier. I think Zee needs to revisit this a bit and provide purchasers a short, properly filmed demo of the vanishes(without music!). That reasonable?
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
198 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Can the vanish be performed just as easily with a quarter?
Zee
View Profile
Regular user
Leonia, NJ
196 Posts

Profile of Zee
Hi, everyone. I'm zee.

First of all, thank you for purchasing Retention Z.

For those of you have not yet seen my personal videos, here is a video of me doing three kinds of retention vanishes and a coin thru hand from Retention Z.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEzM-NWSdod/

If you ever catch me in person, please feel free to show you these stuff. I'm cool Smile

Best.
Zee
Magic Roman
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Magic Roman
I'm using the vanish already...
Loving it too....! Thanks guys...
I LOVE tha music... Please point me in the direction of this fresh mix... I'd love to add this to my practice mix... Please send me the full music set... I'll pay for it... It's a trip, it's gotta funky beat and I can bug out to it....
Cheers
Roman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Retention Z by Zee J. Yan (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL