The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Stealing Pips, Daryl does the Full Monte, or Tabary's Rope DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Hi. In a previous thread I asked which was better between Tabary's Rope DVD and Ring Leader. I also asked between Ring Leader and Table Hopping Cups and Balls. Now I need to know if you think Stealing Pips is better, Daryl does the Full Monte, or Tabary's Rope DVD? In case you can't tell, I take my time before making orders and look through many items. Smile Anyway, I know they are different effects/DVDs but which do you find gets better reactions from the audience? Thanks. Smile
roya
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
211 Posts

Profile of roya
Stealing Pips has some very strong cards magic. Daryl does the Full Monte is great if you want to perform 3 Cards Monte. (I would say it's the 3 Cards Monte Encyclopedia.)
Don't know about the other stuff...
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Stealing Pips has a number of interesting card controls most of which I'd pass on, but I love Oz's handling and explanation of the Ross Bertram Color Change move. Watching the move on video is really magical. Some "heavy-duty" card men look down their noses on Oz and his DVDs, but I don't see them putting their money where their mouth is and publishing their "superior" DVD. Even acknowledging that there may be better handlings of the Ross Bertram move, Oz's handling will certainly do until such "better" method comes along and is put forward for comparison.

As for the Daryl Full Monte DVD, it is definitely a full DVD. The darn thing goes into about 2 hours of moves and routines and just when you think the DVD has to end, Daryl has 6-7 more handlings and effects to show you!!

The Daryl DVD is basically broken down into two categories: Monte routines (where you hype and throw the cards) and then pseudo three card routines using gimmicked cards (such as the Mike Skinner 3-Card Monte effect). While I will probably never do a 3-Card Monte routine (for fun or money), I bought a copy of the DVD after having seen the DVD. This is the definitive work on the effect the moves and the derivations. A great reference work to have.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
If I could make a suggestion, but in all of them there is something to learn… in all the above videos mentioned.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Scott Chesney
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Scott Chesney
I feel much the same as Turk. I like the Oz DVD a lot and am still learning from it. It is definitely for intermediate or higher in my opinion.

Scott
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
Tabary gets my vote. Over and over and over again.
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
286 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
So what’s better, steak or pork chops or oranges or apples or cake or salami or salt or a DVD or a glass of water??
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Pizza owns all.

Honestly, you can only answer questions like these if you know the person asking the question and where they are magically.

It depends if you want to work on card magic, the 3 Card Monte, or rope magic. All are great video's IMHO.
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Well, I will say that I just got Tabary's Rope DVDs and.... wow. They are simply phenomenal. How that can be done, and why it isn't done more often is beyond me. This definetly elevated rope magic in my mind.

*Puts deck of cards away, and picks up rope*
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Thanks for the advice. I have the first tabary rope dvd and daryl does the full monte. On the tabary dvd, I can't understand the instructions after he makes the two knots. The angle he shows it at, I couldn't see what was happening. Also, he barely speaks english so he didn't do a very good job of explaining the routine. Could someone pm me about the part after he makes the two knots? If it would be considered exposure even though I have the dvd, then never mind. Thanks. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Stealing Pips, Daryl does the Full Monte, or Tabary's Rope DVD? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL