The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Schultz degrees of bore-dom (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I seem to have great difficulty getting this to come out reliably. I've been through it many times but it is inconsistent regarding outcome. Has anyone else run into this problem?
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
474 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Hi T Wizard-

Happy to discuss with you. Curious to see where your sticky point is?

Ryan
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Thanks for popping in and offering to help Ryan, that's awesome. I have a feeling I may have been following the 'rules' wrong. Just to check: As well as getting 3 hearts and 2 blacks via the back-to-back, face-to-face rules, I also have to ensure 6 face up at the same time, correct? I think I may have been focussing on getting the 3 and 2, but sometimes ending up with 7 face up.

Hope that makes sense Smile
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Hmmm.... That's still not it. It seems one can do that and still have it come out with 7, even 8, cards face up at the end. Confused???
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

It seems that in the final stage there has to be 6 cards in each pile before 'smooshing' them together, correct? It seems that from the deal stage and then the grab, turn over and add to the other pile stage, I was not ensuring there were equal numbers in each pile before the flip and smoosh stage. Hence I was ending up with more or less face up cards. Does this sound right?
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Just noticed I spelled your name wrong. Apologies.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
474 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Hi TG... sorry been away all day.

You should start with with the 7D & 8D at the back of the face up pile. It will make it a lot easier to go through the rules. Then you need to make sure going through the rules to set the cards. How are you setting them? You are making sure you are setting 3 reds and 2 blacks right? If you like you can send me a video of you doing trick and I can see what you are doing. Happy to help.

Ryan
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

No worries, Ryan. Yes, I'm setting the 3R and 2B, but it seems I also need to ensure that there's 6 face-up as well, and that there's an equal number of cards in the final two piles before combining. Is this correct?
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

If I can figure a way of sending you a video I'll do so Smile
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
474 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Well if you set thr 3 red and 2 black plus the diamonds then the you don't need to worry about what is face up or facedown. That is he beauty of it. It will
Just work out I found follow my remains instructions.

Ryan
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

But that doesn't seem to work for me. At the end, when there's just two piles, should there be an equal number of cards in each pile before putting them together?

I will PM you later with a detailed run through I've what I'm doing and the result, and if you see that I'm doing something clearly wrong you can let me know. I hope that's ok? Thanks for helping out Smile. It's been driving me nuts!
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
474 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
No worries. I just answered your PM pretty sure I see the issue.

Ryan
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

I've replied, I'm not sure Smile. We'll get there, though. Thanks for the prompt response.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Ryan has been very generous in helping me via PM Smile Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Schultz degrees of bore-dom (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL