The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Reason for writing initials (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello everyone,
I am looking for a reason for a sitter to write their initials, a number or maybe even a symbol. I am working on a routine and have it 100% blocked but need a darn reason why...

It involves contact with a spirit that can go bump in the night......

I need a reason why a sitter would write their initials down.

It can be ANY reason and don't be afraid to think outside of the box.... What would be a good reason?

Here is one more hint to the routine...... The initials will be affected by the spirit. But why? And this is where I need a reason for the sitter to write their initials in the first place.

I sat down and thought of how I might scare the yell out of people or at the least put a chill down their spine and came up with this idea. I have already tried the routine in its bare bones format with good results.

Thanks
Ray
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It is dangerous to write your real full name when in the presence of dark spirits. Knowing your name can give them power over you. It is better just to write your first and last initials - and to trick them further, reverse the order to last initial, first initial.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, jimgerrish wrote:
It is dangerous to write your real full name when in the presence of dark spirits. Knowing your name can give them power over you. It is better just to write your first and last initials - and to trick them further, reverse the order to last initial, first initial.

Terrifying!
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Yes very good for sure.

I'll add to that. Writing your initials may be used as bait to lure the spirit into this realm while keeping safe. They don't actual like being tricked but that gives you lots of opportunities for uncontrolled happenings.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

[quote]On May 9, 2016, jimgerrish wrote:
It is dangerous to write your real full name when in the presence of dark spirits. Knowing your name can give them power over you. It is better just to write your first and last initials - and to trick them further, reverse the order to last initial, first initial..(quote)

I really like the idea of reversing the letters in the initials... That sounds so cool and so DARK all rolled into one screaming good time......

I really like that...... Now what is the reason to even write the Intials in the first place? Anyone....

Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On May 9, 2016, Darkness wrote:
Yes very good for sure.

I'll add to that. Writing your initials may be used as bait to lure the spirit into this realm while keeping safe. They don't actual like being tricked but that gives you lots of opportunities for uncontrolled happenings.

I am digging the logic behind your statement. A way to lure the spirit..... Yes... The spirit comes but they are confused for a moment because the sitter's Intials don't belong to anyone at the table......

I am trying not to get into the routine and it is hard.... Smile

But since we are on the topic of spirits how about adding a little witchcraft into the mix..... Don't ask me why I know this but........... If I was to give my reason to the sitter and then (using witchcraft)'draw a circle or square for protection, then the sitter can write their Intials within the circle or square. The unbroken continuous line of the circle/square acts as a wall of protection to whatever is within......

Yes, I am liking everything so far..... A little here a little there and throw that in and shake it about...... And I will soon have my why.....

Reason....... I am trying to call a known spirit but need bate because the spirit is very cunning..... By using an old trick taught to me by my grandmother who happen to be a witch of the stick people. I now draw a continuous line making sure that the beginning and end connects. Then to try and call the spirit, I use trickery by having a sitter write their Intials in reversed order as bait...... I call out to the spirit to COME.............. (Silences) ............. Then WTF..............

Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

I just want to say that it feels good knowing that there are other people who are as crazy like myself.... You

Best
Ray
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
But the bait gets taken and the fish gets away....
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Use a paper napkin, have them initial it..it is then a (cheap) replica of a monogrammed handkerchief
I've asked to be banned
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On May 10, 2016, Darkness wrote:
But the bait gets taken and the fish gets away....

You read my mind....... Hee Hee
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On May 10, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Use a paper napkin, have them initial it..it is then a (cheap) replica of a monogrammed handkerchief

Heck, if someone did that, at the end of the routine, it could be twisted into a rose.

Ray
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I like these effects.

The initials reversed serve as bait for the malevolent spirit, ensconced with a circle of protection. Maybe multiple sitters do this as well.

Why not have the circle of protection drawn, in part, for the target sitter with a disappearing ink (Frixion) pen? Also, the target sitter writes his reversed initials within the completed circle with the same pen. During the session, the papers are held over a candle and the target sitter's initials disappear, as does the portion of the circle that was drawn (with the same pen) around them. The circle is broken and the initials have disappeared! Now you must do something drastic (another effect?) to rescue the "at risk" sitter.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Then float it and light the flash paper to turn it into a real monogrammed handkerchief ta da! Blow your nose take a bow. Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On May 10, 2016, 0pus wrote:
I like these effects.

The initials reversed serve as bait for the malevolent spirit, ensconced with a circle of protection. Maybe multiple sitters do this as well.

Why not have the circle of protection drawn, in part, for the target sitter with a disappearing ink (Frixion) pen? Also, the target sitter writes his reversed initials within the completed circle with the same pen. During the session, the papers are held over a candle and the target sitter's initials disappear, as does the portion of the circle that was drawn (with the same pen) around them. The circle is broken and the initials have disappeared! Now you must do something drastic (another effect?) to rescue the "at risk" sitter.

Nice idea, but I think people would think that it is nothing more than the old milk trick from years ago.
The idea of the circle being broken is nice but I already have a more evil idea.....

Any reason why I would have the Intials written?

Best
Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On May 10, 2016, Darkness wrote:
Then float it and light the flash paper to turn it into a real monogrammed handkerchief ta da! Blow your nose take a bow. Smile

Or do a dancing hank routine.... Yea.... Or maybe not ... Smile

Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On May 10, 2016, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On May 10, 2016, 0pus wrote:
I like these effects.

Nice idea, but I think people would think that it is nothing more than the old milk trick from years ago.

The idea of the circle being broken is nice but I already have a more evil idea.....that involves a ?????????. And a ???????.

Any reason why I would have the sitter initials written?

Best
Ray
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
In what way will the spirit affect the initials? The onus should be on the spirit's requirements, not the people involved...what is the spirit and what does it do?
I've asked to be banned
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Can I PM you? .. I don't want to explain the routine....just yet.

Ray
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Your name holds your Honor.
Honor is a shield, for protection.
It is to be assumed that their Honor is un-compromised, of course, otherwise, it could be bad...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I, would just ask the sitter to write down her initials/number/symbol.
She, does not know why or where you are going with this, She complies.
Then, after She has done this, you have her initials/number/symbol and can then explain any reason you wish to her for why you had her do this!
Then, you can go into your routine ...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Reason for writing initials (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL