The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Polarity by Pablo Amira (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is it always the same card predicted?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
You get a choice of 2 but you can change the card if you wish.

A lot of you will have what is required, if not you can purchase them to give you more options.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 21, 2016, pegasus wrote:

If it is like proton - of course. Or one of two possibilities.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Saysold1,

I am thinking a similar thought. I do a very similar routine that requires only a single gimmicked card. My routine ends with handing out the card (In the demo, it would be the KS), as a souvenir. My patter is different, it is about everyone has a card they are drawn to and will subconsciously know where it is in the deck. Also, the deck is a regular deck and is fully examinable at the end of my routine. Maybe I should market the routine.

I too don't see how this is a big improvement.

KJ
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well as Pablo said those who have owned Proton for awhile (I've had mine for over 20 years and made my own up) could pretty much gather what the alternate routine is just by watching the demo.

Alright I will step away.

For those that have never heard of nor owned Proton deck (Camirand Academy) then you might dig this.

IKJ - sounds cool maybe you should market it?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Hi Bret
Obviously opinions are personal, subjective and If they are based in respect for the art, understandable.

Polarity isn't a breakthrough at all, and trying to judge it in that manner is not fair. The same as your great SvenPads. You took a classic prop and make it better. No innovation, rather new options.
This product is about giving the interested performers new options with this special deck known as Proton Deck but also known in other ways. This is new in my standards because adds new handling ideas, themes and optional phases that expand the basic use to more potential interesting areas.

I know that for some members and performers this is not enough to appreciate this release as a valid new product, and I can understand, but I defend my extra ideas applied in here as original.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Is this a table hopping effect? Much reset?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 22, 2016, Amirá wrote:
Hi Bret
Obviously opinions are personal, subjective and If they are based in respect for the art, understandable.

Polarity isn't a breakthrough at all, and trying to judge it in that manner is not fair. The same as your great SvenPads. You took a classic prop and make it better. No innovation, rather new options.
This product is about giving the interested performers new options with this special deck known as Proton Deck but also known in other ways. This is new in my standards because adds new handling ideas, themes and optional phases that expand the basic use to more potential interesting areas.

I know that for some members and performers this is not enough to appreciate this release as a valid new product, and I can understand, but I defend my extra ideas applied in here as original.

Best

Pablo,

You are right. it is probably unfair to talk about "improvement". At most, it is just one person's opinion. Yours is simply another take. After all, nearly all magic is just a progression from something that came before.

I wish you the best with your project.

KJ
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 22, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On May 22, 2016, Amirá wrote:
Hi Bret

Best

Pablo,

You are right. it is probably unfair to talk about "improvement". At most, it is just one person's opinion. Yours is simply another take. After all, nearly all magic is just a progression from something that came before.

I wish you the best with your project.

KJ

Exactly, this is my opinion, subjective and always sensible to respectful argument.

All the best for you.

Quote:
On May 22, 2016, plink wrote:
Is this a table hopping effect? Much reset?

Perfect for this context. Just a natural 2 seconds of movements/re-ordering (even in front of your audience) and you are ready again. Not instant reset in my opinion but 2 seconds... which is good for table hopping.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
If it's the same card each time then I would never use for table hopping.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 22, 2016, pegasus wrote:
If it's the same card each time then I would never use for table hopping.

don't worry, it is not the same card each time. You can change it.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You can change it on the fly?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, pegasus wrote:

Yes you can there is only 1 card that needs changing to change the outcome.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 22, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On May 21, 2016, pegasus wrote:

If it is like proton - of course. Or one of two possibilities.

Ok I'm confused now. Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Pablo -

With respect I don't think comparing the SvenPads to your release is at all comparable nor valid my friend.

The SvenPads use an innovative manufacturing process to within 1/16" tolerances and many new styles including post it notes. They are a product - not a new routine.

Let's not compare new routines to new products. That's a stretch.

Wishing you all the best with Polarity.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
Pablo -

With respect I don't think comparing the SvenPads to your release is at all comparable nor valid my friend.

The SvenPads use an innovative manufacturing process to within 1/16" tolerances and many new styles including post it notes. They are a product - not a new routine.

Let's not compare new routines to new products. That's a stretch.

Wishing you all the best with Polarity.

I understand Brett, sorry if my comparison offends you in any way. I think that your product offers a new great professional option. You are right that Polarity offer a new routine from an existing concept as the Proton Deck and for that same reason I think that is valid as a new release, because it adds new ideas that were not available in the past.

All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
jeanboucher
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jeanboucher
Maybe I can just add this handling into the booklet...
Magicien pour fête d'enfants

In my more than 25 years of doing magic, I have re-discovered that the most magical audiences are children. They make the best audiences because they don't hide their surprise, or joy, or happiness: all of which, my Magic show will bring to life.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, pegasus wrote:

Yes you can there is only 1 card that needs changing to change the outcome.

Thanks Mark and Brett for the info. The fact that the outcome can indeed be different each time with minimal fuss I've put my order in. I like this a lot and am far too lazy to make up my own deck. I look forward to performing this one.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, jeanboucher wrote:
Maybe I can just add this handling into the booklet...

Wait, aren't you one of the gents who made the Proton deck? Why did you say that? I thought Pablo had your permission here?

Best,

Atlas
jeanboucher
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jeanboucher
Yes, the Proton Deck is mine, also The Dark Card & Kozar Prediction Pad,
Magicien pour fête d'enfants

In my more than 25 years of doing magic, I have re-discovered that the most magical audiences are children. They make the best audiences because they don't hide their surprise, or joy, or happiness: all of which, my Magic show will bring to life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Polarity by Pablo Amira (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL