We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Outdoor Grand Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
I have been looking into performing something to get some publicity about my shows which are mostly illusions.

I was looking for suggestions for some Grand illusions something like Elephant appearances/disappearances etc.

Would love to hear out suggestions from my fellow Café mates.

Thanks for looking
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
For TV, se my recent post in the "You outta be in pictures" area. Mind you, this implies access to a news crew for publicity and the cooperation of police.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22504 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Don't know if you are in the U.S., but an Elephant is a bad idea, PETA harassed Barnum and Bailey Circus so much they had to remove Elephants from the show after a 100 years of using them. It may get you some publicity, but not the kind you want.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
On the other hand, two people in an elephant costume can start a whole new fad of animal illusions.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Quote:
On May 18, 2016, jimgerrish wrote:
On the other hand, two people in an elephant costume can start a whole new fad of animal illusions.

And can be hilarious.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
No one asked how long the OP has been performing, what the budget is, how many assistants are available @ fifteen other pragmatic questions.

People are jumping into a kiddie pool from a high dive again.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On May 18, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Don't know if you are in the U.S., but an Elephant is a bad idea, PETA harassed Barnum and Bailey Circus so much they had to remove Elephants from the show after a 100 years of using them. It may get you some publicity, but not the kind you want.

Yes!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On May 21, 2016, jay leslie wrote:
No one asked how long the OP has been performing, what the budget is, how many assistants are available @ fifteen other pragmatic questions.

People are jumping into a kiddie pool from a high dive again.

Heqq Jay! You sure know how to bust the kid's balloon! (HEE HEE HHE HEE... & ROFL!)

I think your analogy is just a bit "overstated"! --I think, folks are jumping onto A WET SPONGE, from the high dive!!!!!!!!!!

PS...I did an illusion show once. I had a DISECTO AND A SUPER X!!! (Does that count?)
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Did you carry them yourself or did you have a crew?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
The DISECTO, I carried, in its own special attache case which included a Stan Payne table. It was a great five minutes of laughs in a high school.

The SUPER X, I only used for one tour (a phone show), and, I had a young magician along as stage manager, illusion schlapper, and setter upper. (He also sold the balloon package ("inside money", which "moved" the show) at the intermission! --I did learn a "few" things from watching the old Blackstone show! (plus, booking and promoting the Stan Kramien phone show!)

P.S.: Jeff "covered" the Super X gaff, and, passed the hoop. All I had to do was help the girl get on the board. Jeff covered her with the cloth. I just made "mystic passes"!!!!!

I DID learn a "few" things, watching the old Blackstone show, and, booking and promoting the Stan Kramien phone show! (hee hee)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Outdoor Grand Illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL