The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Calendar Presage by Mike Maione & Paul Romhany (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1756 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, John C wrote:
I hate when they do that.


To lie in the printed advert copy is even worse than selective editing
That we have to put up with time and time again

If one thing ticks me off is this blantant Lies in giving the impression that you are purchasing
"Fully gaffed Pocket Calendar" in other words all complete printed and ready to use

I have noticed several dealers in the UK have copied this advert

In the UK this is totally illegal so I hope they start ending the supplied advert ASAP

before someone reports them to the correct authorities!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just began to watch the download instructions. Even though the information in the dates are blank, there are pre-typed proverbs, lucky numbers and colors that are on the bottom of each page that can be used in the routine, and more importantly, the calendar itself is cleverly gimmicked to do the routines. The 35 minute instructional video is very thorough. There are several live performances and Paul's video instructions are very comprehensive. He even supplies some pdfs including the instructions and routines for the original hand made Diary Presage. So far I like what I am seeing.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
GrailQuest
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of GrailQuest
So, you must use the supplied diary, you can't make up your own?
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Yeaah ! Sounds like a satisfied buyer has appeared . I was worrying for a while that the supplied diary is just an ordinary one . But now a little relieved to hear it's a special one .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1106 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Yeaah ! Sounds like a satisfied buyer has appeared . I was worrying for a while that the supplied diary is just an ordinary one . But now a little relieved to hear it's a special one .


Yes it seems that Calendar Presage is gimmicked in the same way as Diary Presage and has the printed proverbs, colours and lottery numbers but doesn't include the pre-written daily entries.
This will be a ball ache to do but looking on the plus side, at least everything will be in our own handwriting.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, caigy wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Yeaah ! Sounds like a satisfied buyer has appeared . I was worrying for a while that the supplied diary is just an ordinary one . But now a little relieved to hear it's a special one .


Yes it seems that Calendar Presage is gimmicked in the same way as Diary Presage and has the printed proverbs, colours and lottery numbers but doesn't include the pre-written daily entries.
This will be a ball ache to do but looking on the plus side, at least everything will be in our own handwriting.

Paul Mc.


Paul,

Yes. It is gimmucked exactly the same except it is smaller than the original so it can be placed in the breast pocket of a jacket and it is soft covered.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1106 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, caigy wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Yeaah ! Sounds like a satisfied buyer has appeared . I was worrying for a while that the supplied diary is just an ordinary one . But now a little relieved to hear it's a special one .


Yes it seems that Calendar Presage is gimmicked in the same way as Diary Presage and has the printed proverbs, colours and lottery numbers but doesn't include the pre-written daily entries.
This will be a ball ache to do but looking on the plus side, at least everything will be in our own handwriting.

Paul Mc.


Paul,

Yes. It is gimmucked exactly the same except it is smaller than the original so it can be placed in the breast pocket of a jacket and it is soft covered.


Thank you Michael.

Mine should be with me on Wednesday Smile

After the initial disappointment of reading that there are no pre-written entries in this pocket sized version, I now think I would rather write-in my own and incorporate some additional ideas of my own.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
BillyBear
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of BillyBear
Geez, is it always like this in the Café? I know I'm new to this forum and forums in general but why do people who haven't got the trick start running it down or are hell bent on figuring a trick out and then start slating it. I'm so looking forward to getting my calendar presage on weds and I'm equally pleased that I can customise it myself - that just adds to its authenticity.

This Café would be such a valuable forum if comments were constructive and aimed at helping other magi folk and not folk just spouting pointlessly.

Just my opinion though!

Billy
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11568 Posts

Profile of John C
Well billy you can decide who you want to be and also decide who to listen to and who to ignore. Welcome to the fray.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, caigy wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, caigy wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Yeaah ! Sounds like a satisfied buyer has appeared . I was worrying for a while that the supplied diary is just an ordinary one . But now a little relieved to hear it's a special one .


Yes it seems that Calendar Presage is gimmicked in the same way as Diary Presage and has the printed proverbs, colours and lottery numbers but doesn't include the pre-written daily entries.
This will be a ball ache to do but looking on the plus side, at least everything will be in our own handwriting.

Paul Mc.



Paul,

Yes. It is gimmucked exactly the same except it is smaller than the original so it can be placed in the breast pocket of a jacket and it is soft covered.


Thank you Michael.

Mine should be with me on Wednesday Smile

After the initial disappointment of reading that there are no pre-written entries in this pocket sized version, I now think I would rather write-in my own and incorporate some additional ideas of my own.

Paul Mc.


Paul,

I totally agree with your statement. In addition to playing cards, you can use words for a book test, destinations as part of a confabulation routine, or more descriptive nouns for a drawing duplication. Yes, it will take time to make the entries, but you can really make it a very unique, one of a kind calendar specifically structured and designed for your own personal routines.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2358 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Calender Presage has arrived with us in stock and all orders will go out today.

I'm very surprised at some of the posts on here about ad copy etc, the add copy is 100% correct you are sent a fully gaffed diary and you do not have to write anything in it to perform with it.

You are however given more ideas and routines that will require you to write in it if you wish.

We have a few left in stock ready to ship today if you are quick! http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1756 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 31, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
Calender Presage has arrived with us in stock and all orders will go out today.

I'm very surprised at some of the posts on here about ad copy etc, the add copy is 100% correct you are sent a fully gaffed diary and you do not have to write anything in it to perform with it.

You are however given more ideas and routines that will require you to write in it if you wish.

We have a few left in stock ready to ship today if you are quick! http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html


So are you saying this post is incorrect ?

Quote:
On May 29, 2016, magicinsight wrote:
Just received it. IT comes with a calendar and a card with the link to download the instructions. The calendar is completely blank. You have to fill in whatever information you want in the calendar with whatever colored pens you want.. I have not looked at the download yet.

Michael


If so I apologise if you have to fill it in then I stand by my original post

Please confirm
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2358 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I think magicinsight means the daily entries are blank but the calendar is printed with various items to do routines with.

The calendar sent is 100% ready to perform with out of the box with no writing required but I suspect many will want to write it it to do extra routines and make it their own.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 31, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
I think magicinsight means the daily entries are blank but the calendar is printed with various items to do routines with.

The calendar sent is 100% ready to perform with out of the box with no writing required but I suspect many will want to write it it to do extra routines and make it their own.


That is correct. IT comes already gimmicked with three printed predictions (proverb, color, and lucky numbers) that can be used without writing anything at all. However, you should fill in other information throughout the calendar to obtain the most benefit from this excellent item.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Just got the info that I'll be receiving this tomorrow or the day after , will give a short review . I'm looking forward to what's already printed on the Calendar , as well as customizing my own .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Sounds like a useful product, but sometimes I'm amazed at the reactions of folk on here. I've seen many posts on other items where folk complain that a certain item cannot be personalized or wording is printed instead of in own handwriting, and yet here we seem to have an item that is not only seemingly ready to go but can be personalized almost unlimited. You will never please everybody it seems.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I was very pleasantly surprised when this arrived today...thumbs up from me..

and I'm very glad that you have to populate it by hand (apart from the !@#$e stuff already mentioned)...lots you can do with this...don't rush into things, have a think about what suits you as a performer, work in pencil, and add plenty of presentational ooomph...
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
443 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
I fully agree with Craigers, not just because our posts match Smile

Paul Romhany is a great performer and creator. And he is doing a great job of keeping Vanish a free mag. The ad copy was clear from the word go. And I trust Paul to put out only quality stuff, as he always does. I had liked his chair routine a lot and will probably pick this one up too. And the price is so attractive.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Just received mine , haven't got time to watch the instructions yet but here's my first impression , it's decently made . Not the best quality I'm expecting but it does its main job well , except that the cover is a little less than perfect .

Other than this small detail , the printing is perfect and clear , I spent around 10 minutes playing around with the book before I finally found what's the gimmick or gaff . It's very nicely made .

The Calander comes ready for effects , but I could see myself customizing it and which is what I'm excited about . I'll watch the instructions later in he evening and hopefully it'll be a bang for the buck .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Thinking of buying this but I have a couple of questions that will influence my spend. Is the diary a current diary for 2016, ie day and dates match 2016. It makes perfect sense to me to be carrying a current diary around with you. If the answer is yes, what does one do when 2016 runs out, and if the answer is no, same question - what is the justification for carrying a diary on you when the days and dates don't match ? not many people I know just happen to be carrying an out of date diary around on them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Calendar Presage by Mike Maione & Paul Romhany (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL