The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Calendar Presage by Mike Maione & Paul Romhany (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It doesn't have a year...the thing is craigers, its really hard to just offer a way for you - its pretty much down to you to come up with that kind of thing...i've got my reason as to why I have it, and its all tied up in persona and what else I perform and talk about...

the one criticism I have is that I wish it was shorter in height... but I can live with it... Smile
I've asked to be banned
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
So I've just spend the night putting up all the words and writings , took me 5 hours ...

Now I'm liking this a lot , and I'll be using it in my show , here's why .

If you did the modification he suggested , there's a total of 5 or 6 principles you can do with the Calendar , and not to mention the sky is really your limit for which tricks you want to do with it , it takes up some pocket space but is able to get you covered with two or three effects for the night .

The mind reading or book test may be the hardest to do , as it requires memorization of the principle . However it only took me 10 minutes though so I guess , if you really sit down on for a little while , or waiting for the read light to turn green while you're sitting in you car , you can easily get the principle down quickly . He also teaches a way to still do the effect without memorizing , but is less clean as you've to carry something more .

The book , to me looks beautiful now . After writing all my things in it , customizing and whatever , the minor flaw with my cover had disappeared , maybe it's worn in and now it looks just like a book that have been with me for a year . I can't find anything not good about it , it's perfect , in all ways .

However , just a small thing , those who don't have Concealment by Wayne Rogers may find it useful if you purchase one to go with this , it's going to help you do the job better . But of course it's not the most necessary thing . Also , some may find the card reveal by single days better than by weeks . It's very possible with this gimmick but you know ... You just need to have some more outs , which I find is completely unnecessary . He also went through a way to justify using the Calendar , it's a good justification actually .

The gimmick comes ready to do three or four effects . If you took 5 hours more to customize it , you can do three more ( if you do what's written in the PDF ) but it's easily possible to do a lot more with it if you came up with your own principles . I like it , and will be using it , good job Paul Romany again , it's not surprising that most of his recently released effects has gone into my working set , it's practical , easy and astonishing to use , and I look forward to performing Calendar Presage this weekend .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
I am really pleased with this and although initially disappointed to hear that the daily entries were not pre-printed, am now happier that they are not...I have decided to make my pages less 'busy' than those in Diary Presage, as initially I will only be doing a routine which will use the hand-written playing card prediction, combined with the printed proverb, lucky number and colour choices. But it is good to know that I can add more entries later, should I want to try something different.

Like one or two others, I too had a small issue with the cover, which I have managed to sort out and as Magician560 said, this does add to the authenticity, as the calendar does now look as if it is a year old Smile

Diary Presage is still my favourite diary effect but for walk-around, convenience and for at least third of the price, Calendar Presage comes very close.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Just received mine and already can see what huge potential this has.

Now it is a case of whittling down several ideas and deciding just what is best to write or draw.

I can see this becoming a firm favourite and well worth the time and effort to write in the necessary. And with the added bonus, the entries will be in my own hand and so will not raise suspicions when I perform it to those I know.

Neil
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Ive just used this at two gigs last weeks , seems to be a job to perform . Now my favorite is the card revelation , it's getting huge reactions for a short prediction effect . It's the lead on for my books test or my card routine now . Well with every cent .

- Albert Einstein
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
258 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Reviews and price are favorable so just put my order in.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

You'll not be disappointed !

- Albert Einstein
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received this over the weekend and I'm quite pleased with it. The method is for the most part bullet proof and the diary itself is nicely laid out. I watched Paul's presentations but other than the week/card reveal I may go in a different direction. It would be great if we could start a forum to brainstorm with ideas before I begin marking mine up.

Right off the top of my head, I thought this could be used for movies watched (as a log) because I'm actually anal enough where I write down the names of movies watched on different days. This also could be used as a diet journal, dream journal, personal goals journal, travel journal, random "thoughts" journal, a log for sports team schedules, a joke log, daily to-do list, road trip journal, cooking journal, motivational journal or maybe a combination of several things or ideas.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This really is a great item and what you would truly call a worker.

I still have not go around to setting mine up but its on my desk looking at me Smile

We keep these in stock as its such a great item, it is thoroughly recommended.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
How do you download the video?
It says to download, right click and hit save as. When I right click I get the option to save the link but not the video.
I hate downloadable instructions!!!!!!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Right click - save target as
I've asked to be banned
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Right click - save target as

I'm having deja vu. I remember asking this before about another routine and you helping me out. I'm rubbish with computers!
I've tried right clicking on the writing, on the video, on the area around the video and no where do I get save target!
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Got it, save link as.
Stupid downloads!!
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Received mine. As already indicated not the highest quality ('wavy') but great possibilities and will do the job fine and good that forces can be customised.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, Drtriage wrote:
Received mine. As already indicated not the highest quality ('wavy') but great possibilities and will do the job fine and good that forces can be customised.

Drtriage,

cover your calendar with a tea towel, or cotton handkerchief and 'press' for a minute or so with a medium hot iron.

When not using, keep under a stack of books and the waviness will disappear Smile

I am sure that you will enjoy using Calendar Presage and if so, I recommend you take the plunge and track down Diary Presage. There are no quality issues at all with this version and still enough space to customise and add your own touches.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
All in all, I'm quite pleased with Calendar Presage. Though I will probably stick to the card prediction effect, the possibilities appear to be many and varied.

Is anybody else having problems hitting week 25/26 for the prediction card? Mine jumps from 27 to 23.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Maybe your book isn't c** perfectly at that page ? I guess you can just trim a bit on your own very easily .

- Albert Einstein
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
Thanks, Legend Wiz. I'll take a look.

I'm also having a problem inventing things to fill the diary entries. My life is SO boring and uneventful. My poor dog has had a 'vet's appointment' 16 times from Jan to June.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
You can just use a name and time, looks like you have an appointment. Vet, dentist, doctor, car MOT, magic club meeting, Mum's birthday, wedding anniversary, I went for things you can make a joke about. but mostly you are pointing out the cards are different on each page not asking them to judge your social life. Mine is very empty towards the end of the year - why would I have a load of appointments 6 months in advance.

What I will say is, I get great reactions from this.

I've added a ribbon to mark the chosen page, so they can hold the diary and open to the correct page without riffling. I have also stiffened the front cover so it is easier and therefore more likely for them to flip through in the correct direction.

I play it for fun, but boy I make sure to recount the circumstances and re-inforce it, it gets gasps.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

You can search Google on schedule planning or calendar planning examples etc , and there you go , boom loads of idea to load into your diary ~

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Calendar Presage by Mike Maione & Paul Romhany (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL