The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ANY card @ ANY number, without ANY effort!? SALE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On May 28, 2016, Philippe wrote:
Just deleted mine, disappointed.

Hi Philippe,

I just realized why you haven't received my PM.
Your account does not allow PMs.

In my PM I had left you my mobile number and my Skype contact.

I will email you now.

I guarantee that RA will work on your iPhone.
Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
Yeah, but earlier you said this:
"They can cut the cards as often as they like before they count "

That doesn't seem right...

Hi writeall,

The spectator can cut as often as they like, but the magician does the last cut before the spectator starts to count.

The magician can either do that cut with an invisible pass, or they can do it openly ... that depends on the skill of the magician.

I have a version of ACAAN in my Inject app that DOES allow the spectator to cut as often as they like ... AND the magician NEVER touches the deck.

sorry about the confusion,
Greg
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Super ACAAN is much better.

https://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/super-ac......=zh&mt=8

No websites that your spectator has to go to. The dirty moves are done right under their noses and you can also do the real deck of cards as well. The real cards for both have to have the Magician touch and in most cases cut the deck. I own both and use the Super Acaan the most.

Patrick
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your opinion.
I don't know why you are advertising another product on this thread ... but to each his own.

I welcome anyone who's interested in this plot to check out the demo videos for Super ACAAN on YouTube.
If you think that's a better trick, you can purchase it for $39.99.

Greg

P.S. If you don't want to touch the cards (AND you don't want to peek):

cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Deleted mine also
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi cardbiker,

I will message you as well with my mobile number and Skype contact.

I guarantee that RA works on your device.

Greg
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I also find Gregg's apps overly confusing.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi pegasus,

I've reached out to you in the past to help you with any confusion you might have about my products.
If you find the time to contact me, any issue that you may have will be resolved in a minute.

More people rave about my products then complain about them.

I want to make sure that my customers who are having difficulty can resolve any misunderstanding immediately.

That's why I give my personal mobile number and my Skype contact.

Cheers,
Greg
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I agree with you Craigers, this IS a NO BRAINER. Greg not only delivers a great product but his customer service is excellent and bends over backwards to help anyone having a problem or answer any questions you may have. I agree with Mr. Atkinson about it frying people. Great app Greg.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On May 29, 2016, Snidini wrote:
I agree with you Craigers, this IS a NO BRAINER. Greg not only delivers a great product but his customer service is excellent and bends over backwards to help anyone having a problem or answer any questions you may have. I agree with Mr. Atkinson about it frying people. Great app Greg.
Thank you for your support.

Once again, I would like to highlight how easy RA is ...

1. Sort any deck of cards in the Juan Tamariz Mnemonica stack (If you don't like Tamariz, RA supports 12 stacks).
2. Launch RA, and remember YOUR URL (web address) ... the address always starts with "cardodds.net/a/".
3. Put the phone in your pocket (pants or breast pocket, screen facing you).
4. Type YOUR URL in the address bar of your spectator's browser (or have them type it in).
5. While you turn away from them, have them input a card and a number.
6. Peek at your phone in your pocket and remember the displayed card (For the attached video it's the Jack of Clubs)
7. When you turn back around, cut the deck to that card (Jack of Clubs).

Have them count to their number, turning the cards over as they count (this is so that at the end of the trick, you have an INSTANT reset for your next performance - I failed to do that for this video ).

Before they turn over their number, have them read aloud the IMPOSSIBLE odds of their card being at their number (I forgot to do that for the demo video).

Their card will now be at their number!!

Please let me know if you have any other questions,
Greg

writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Aren't the odds 1 in 52?

What are the "IMPOSSIBLE odds" displayed?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, writeall wrote:
Aren't the odds 1 in 52?

Yes, the odds ARE 1 in 52 ... but we don't tell our spectators that. Smile

"Imagine, I have a video where a magician counts to YOUR number, stops, and turns over YOUR card ... how many videos would I need to have for all the possibilities?" ... (The answer is 2704).

On cardodds.net , over 98,000 people have cast their votes for a card and a number. The displayed odds are REAL (they are from REAL samples).

The "IMPOSSIBLE odds" are the odds of their selected card multiplied by the odds of their selected number. (the math is REAL).

The website does NOT say the odds of your card being at your number.
The website says "Combined odds" ... that number is usually pretty high (hence the words "IMPOSSIBLE odds").

I hope that clears things up.

G Ro

P.S. You can go to cardodds.net and try it yourself.
http://www.cardodds.net/
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Do you track the votes? It would be interesting to know the breakdown by card selected for that sample size. For instance, how common is the Queen of Hearts, really?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Yes ... every card is tracked.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Today is the last day of the RA sale.

After today, the price will go back up from $9.99 to $24.99

RA (RACAAN) on iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/racaan/id915053523?mt=8

RA on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......magic.ra

If you like the ACAAN plot, be sure to take advantage of this amazing deal before it runs out.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On May 30, 2016, writeall wrote:
Aren't the odds 1 in 52?

It depends on whether you frame the effect as a coincidence or a prediction. Yes, the odds of any particular card appearing at any particular number are 1 in 52 But if you actually predicted the specific card and the specific number, and just used the deck to record your predictions, the odds would be 1 in 52 X 52. (Of course, if you wrote both predictions on paper, the large odds would be more obvious.)

The "real" odds, though are 100% given that the effect is a trick. Smile
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
It depends on whether you frame the effect as a coincidence or a prediction. Yes, the odds of any particular card appearing at any particular number are 1 in 52 But if you actually predicted the specific card and the specific number, and just used the deck to record your predictions, the odds would be 1 in 52 X 52. (Of course, if you wrote both predictions on paper, the large odds would be more obvious.)

Thank you Bob ... I couldn't have said that better.

One of my favorite features of the website is that the odds are real.

This gives you a GREAT motivation for WHY you're looking up this information online. Smile

BTW, writeall,
The REAL odds of someone naming the queen of hearts is 1 in 18 (that's from a sample size of 98,582)!!

In contrast, the odds of someone naming the 9 of clubs is 1 in 106 !!
The odds of someone naming the number 46 is 1 in 284 !!

Making the combined odds a WHOPPING 1 in 30,104 !!!!

cheers,
Greg
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2016, Greg Rostami wrote:

BTW, writeall,
The REAL odds of someone naming the queen of hearts is 1 in 18 (that's from a sample size of 98,582)!!

In contrast, the odds of someone naming the 9 of clubs is 1 in 106 !!
The odds of someone naming the number 46 is 1 in 284 !!

Making the combined odds a WHOPPING 1 in 30,104 !!!!

cheers,
Greg

Is the QH the most popular then? What are the other top 5? Seems like something I ought to know already...
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Down loaded from the App store today....this is fantastic, I have seen on previous posts that some people find this very confusing, I can see why they would think that but it really is not hard to perform, just stick with the standard settings and you cant go wrong. I love the fact that the spectator uses their OWN phone during the effect. Everything you do during the performance is perfectly justified. There are so many ACAAN effects available that it really is hard to judge which is the fairest/cleanest/most hands off version available..but I'm sure this comes very close to being one of the best. I only got this because its discounted at the moment, but I would have paid the full asking price if I had known how good this really is.
9/10
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Many apologies to Greg I've persevered and now have it working,excellent!!
I've used the filter from my Telethought wallet on my iPhone so only I can see the display so to everyone else my phone appears off
Does anyone know where I can obtain more of the filters as my current one is slightly too small,Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ANY card @ ANY number, without ANY effort!? SALE (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL