The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VISION BOX - New card to box (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Hello Guys!

Vision Box is an amazing utility prop that allows the magician or mentalist to perform a totally invisible switch, right under the nose of the spectators.

With it the spectators clearly see the folded piece being removed from the box, without any suspicious moves and in the cleanest way possible.

Key Points regarding Vision Box:

1 – After the switch the box is totally examinable

2 – The switch is extremely clean

3 – The piece that is inside the box is a 3D piece, making the illusion much more real

4 – Nothing to ditch

5 – Small, compact box

6 – You can still perform a shuttle pass with Vision Box, being perfect if the spectators are extremely close to the magician

You can perform Vision Box with any cards, bills ou papers.

TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Mx8hHPVVE

Hope you guys enjoy!
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
512 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
I am very happy this is finally out to the world! Joao was kind enough to send me a test sample of this gimmick and I have to say, this is VERY well made!! I have performed the numerous times and have gotten great reactions from it. I have a fun little routine I do with a torn $1 bill that ends up inside the box..I love this!
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Sorry, but it claims to be the most convincing of card to transparent boxes around, but it isn't. Not based on that video promo. I could see the move time and time again. As such, it is not as convincing as Paragon 3D. which has to be "THE" cleanest and most deceptive card to transparent box to date.

Just saying.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On May 27, 2016, Tally_NSA wrote:
Sorry, but it claims to be the most convincing of card to transparent boxes around, but it isn't. Not based on that video promo. I could see the move time and time again. As such, it is not as convincing as Paragon 3D. which has to be "THE" cleanest and most deceptive card to transparent box to date.

Just saying.

Gladly everyone has different opinion or the world would be really a sad place Smile
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On May 27, 2016, WeiserSide1 wrote:
I am very happy this is finally out to the world! Joao was kind enough to send me a test sample of this gimmick and I have to say, this is VERY well made!! I have performed the numerous times and have gotten great reactions from it. I have a fun little routine I do with a torn $1 bill that ends up inside the box..I love this!

Thanks Danny!

Shin Lim is also in love for this box Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6900 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This looks really nice. Practical and fooling.
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Anybody knows who sells it?
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

You can only find it at joaomiranda.com
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Looks quite clever to me
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On May 27, 2016, Cameron Francis wrote:

Thanks Cameron!

Some people are asking me the advantages of this box.

All is explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Sw4q0YPao
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 28, 2016, João Miranda Magic wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2016, Cameron Francis wrote:

Thanks Cameron!

Some people are asking me the advantages of this box.

All is explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Sw4q0YPao

That video is better than the 1st one in this thread. It looks much cleaner removing the folded card than the 1st one, which looks "fishy".

Since I have every card to transparent box (Clarity Box, 3sixty, Mystery Solved, and Paragon 3D) I will buy this version and see if I like it more than I like Paragon - which I like a lot! I can't say fairer than that.
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Thanks Joao
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Two questions, please:

-- Can the folded card (that will be switched out) be placed into the box in full view of the spectators? The "Why you should buy" video leaves the impression that it can.

-- If I want to use a folded billet instead of a card, am I in for some demanding arts-and-crafts work?

Thank you.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
TheRealMagicMike
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
154 Posts

Profile of TheRealMagicMike
How are the angles on this? Certainly looks pretty impressive.
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 28, 2016, TheRealMagicMike wrote:

To me, the angles look much better than Clarity Box, 3Sixty, and Mystery Solved. And as good as Paragon 3D. However, the gimmick in Paragon can be viewed from all angles. The Vision Box gimmick cannot be viewed from all angles. If you tried to look up, underneath the gimmick, it would be exposed.

Having said that, Paragon does not end as cleanly as Vision Box apparently does. Paragon requires a bit of cleaning up to do. Vision Box apparently does not.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1701 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On May 28, 2016, Tally_NSA wrote:
Quote:
On May 28, 2016, TheRealMagicMike wrote:

To me, the angles look much better than Clarity Box, 3Sixty, and Mystery Solved. And as good as Paragon 3D. However, the gimmick in Paragon can be viewed from all angles. The Vision Box gimmick cannot be viewed from all angles. If you tried to look up, underneath the gimmick, it would be exposed.

Having said that, Paragon does not end as cleanly as Vision Box apparently does. Paragon requires a bit of cleaning up to do. Vision Box apparently does not.

Indeed, there are no bad angles at all on any axis with Paragon 3D.

Some have said that you end dirty with Paragon 3D to which my answer is "You've ended too early." You have to easily ditch something nobody knows exists at the moment they are reacting to something unbelievable and not paying any attention to you. It really isn't that difficult to ditch. Far from it being a negative, it actually creates a positive in that everything else is super clean.

Also, Michael Weber said it best after I showed him Paragon 3D saying, "Thank you for giving the effect back to the magician."
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Watch the brilliant effect, Rule of Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0 and order it from www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On May 28, 2016, Jonathan1000 wrote:
Two questions, please:

-- Can the folded card (that will be switched out) be placed into the box in full view of the spectators? The "Why you should buy" video leaves the impression that it can.

-- If I want to use a folded billet instead of a card, am I in for some demanding arts-and-crafts work?

Thank you.

Great questions.

Yes, the card that will be switched out can clearly be placed inside of the box. I performed last week a parlor show for 30 people and it is really nice to being able to show the "folded piece" and placing it inside the box. It enhances a lot the fact that you have a card inside.

And Yes, you can use a white paper, any playing card, any bill.. you name it.

Once you receive the box and watch the instructional video, you "prepare" the trick in 20 seconds the most.
I personally hate tricks when the client has to make arts and crafts.

After that you are ready to go and the reset takes 3 seconds (and no, it doesn´t use a magnet) Smile
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1074 Posts

Profile of taller8
Looks great. Removing with two fingers does look more natural.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Hmm but not that way (taken out with middle and forefinger)..
does not look natural at all and I can't see any improvement to existing versions.
With the black bottom the box even looks like a magic prop.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On May 29, 2016, ArtIn wrote:
Hmm but not that way (taken out with middle and forefinger)..
does not look natural at all and I can't see any improvement to existing versions.
With the black bottom the box even looks like a magic prop.

The instructional video explains different handlings, from easy to advanced.
You can remove it with the thumb and index... even a shuttle pass works.

The box does not look like a magic prop at all.. after all you are removing their card with the tips of the fingers and they see their card at all times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VISION BOX - New card to box (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL