The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VISION BOX - New card to box (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of rowland
Received this in the UK only took one day shipping, excellent service. The explanation video shows you everything you need to know. I will make this up tomorrow but first impressions are very good.
I will post a more detailed report after using it.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, rowland wrote:
Received this in the UK only took one day shipping, excellent service. The explanation video shows you everything you need to know. I will make this up tomorrow but first impressions are very good.
I will post a more detailed report after using it.

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Iam really glad everyone is enjoying this creation of mine.

We are actually almost sold out!
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Hello Guys!

The amazing Ekaterina just did a review on Vision Box.

Check it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0gnfd25Jo

Thanks!
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of rowland
Here is a quick review of my rime with vision box, first the box is nicely packaged. I know the packaging is not important but it's like when you get stuff from Apple it shows a bit of class. It includes the box, a red and a blue db card to make the gimmick in case you haven't got one and the necessary item used for the reset.
The teaching is a YouTube video of about 18minutes which includes a brief description of a Mercury fold. The teaching is clear and in English, there are various options taught showing different ways of removing the card.
The box itself doesn't look anymore like a magic prop than any of the other clear boxes on the market although some may not like the fact that the bottom of the box is black unlike paragon for instance which is totally clear. The bottom black section is incredibly thin which gives the impression that it is just what it is supposed to be, ie.the bottom of the box.
Another very important point is that the card in the box looks like a proper folded card.
The box is very light to carry around and is the same size as a folded up playing card.
Now for the important part,I have now been using this on a regular basis for a month and I have to say I am very impressed with it but more importantly so have my audiences.
I even had one lady let the F word slip out when I removed her signed card from the box. This shocked her husband as apparently she never swears lol.
The illusion of the card coming from the box is perfect and nobody has thought otherwise, I have had many comments along the lines of "how did you get my card into the box"
This doesn't take a lot of practice although the more you do it the more confident you will get that nothing can be seen.
The box can be examined and I am 100% happy in giving this to a spectator after I have removed the card and they will find nothing. Even if they shake it they will still find nothing, there is no tell tale noises or bumps in the base of the box. In fact I have been a little disappointed, because the illusion of the card coming out of the box is so good that even if I place the box on the spectators hand they are not interested in looking at it.
The move itself is very easy to get down, I have been using card to boxes for many years. I made my own box like Tommy Wonders, I've used the mystery box, lightening box and both paragon boxes. Paragon was the box I was using up until I received this and while it is still a great box I prefer this one for me personally there is less chance of anything going wrong and I do like the fact that as soon as there card is removed the box and card can be given out and your hands are empty.
The angles for the trick are very good and if you are worried it can be used with a shuttle pass but I think this is taking away the fact that the reveal looks so clean when removed with the fingers.
The reset takes about three seconds so can easily be done table hopping, it does require a certain something to reset it which is a small down side and I will probably make up something different to do the job so it's not really an issue.
One more point the object in the box can easily changed to either a different playing card, bank note or post it note.
I did send an email asking if I could purchase a certain something to make changing the item easier but unfortunately have not had a reply yet so not sure if this is possible.
The price is cheaper than some of the other boxes.
All in all I am delighted with this box and it looks like it will last many years.
I hope this will prove useful to some people for a great product that seems to have slipped under the radar probably because it is only available from main stream dealers.
FoxRobert
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of FoxRobert
I like it. It is very clever thought. The Joao Miranda Lynx has excellent customer service. One day I wrote him and the second day I have had here the parcel which solved the first little problem.(just something missing) So thank you very much Joao Miranda
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 13, 2016, FoxRobert wrote:
I like it. It is very clever thought. The Joao Miranda Lynx has excellent customer service. One day I wrote him and the second day I have had here the parcel which solved the first little problem.(just something missing) So thank you very much Joao Miranda

Thank you so much!

I will very soon launch a brand new product that will be perfect with vision box.

Stay tuned to my facebook page Smile
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Will this be available in the States? I found shipping was way more than I would spend.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, Tom G wrote:
Will this be available in the States? I found shipping was way more than I would spend.

Hello Tom,

Not at the moment.

However if you don't mind to wait 2 or 3 weeks for your vision box send us a email to orders@joaomiranda.com and we may ship it by normal post, which is $5 only.

Thanks,

João Miranda
Chrishue
View Profile
New user
NYC
61 Posts

Profile of Chrishue
I purchased my vision box at Viking magic.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, Chrishue wrote:
I purchased my vision box at Viking magic.

That is correct, sorry Smile
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
ianbarker
View Profile
New user
Perth, Australia
22 Posts

Profile of ianbarker
I received my Vision Box last week and while I haven't had the chance to perform with it I thought I'd provide some brief feedback.
I have a few card to box effects, such as Paragon 3D, Mystery Solved, and Mint.

I actually don't think the handlings for Vision Box are difficult. In fact, I'd say there are more possibilities for handlings compared to the other mentioned products.

Having said that, I do agree with everything else Alex mentioned above.
Some may not like the black bottom, but it does make the box totally examinable and you do end up clean.
However, the extra piece that you need to carry round to reset it is a bit of a minus.
The reset is quick, but you do have to pull out the reset utility, find the spot on the box to reset, and then reset the box. In the real world of performing, I'd imagine it takes a little longer than Alex's video has you believe.

Having said that, I do like this and I will be giving this a go to see what reactions I get.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Vision Box – Joao Miranda

Product description : Another clear box ! The plot is common, a signed card is found folded inside a box which has been there since the beginning of the routine. I don't understand the complains people make about the numbers of boxes available on the market, it gives magician various options and ways to do this effect !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $69 and you can find it in Joao Shop : http://www.joaomiranda.com/store/.

What you get : You get a small box, very nicely made, with a kind of little drawer in which you can find the gimmick. You get the box, the gimmick and 2 cards, a red and a blue so that you can make up your gimmick in any color you want. The box is really well made and looks very good. You also get a link for a tutorial video which is short and to the point, easy to follow, easy to understand. 3 handlings are taught and you should find the one which suits you the best ! Overall, it's a good product, maybe a little bit overpriced but the quality is there, so yeah, a good product.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Mx8hHPVVE

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
- The bottom of the box is black so the whole box is not clear, it may be a con for some people.
- I do find the handlings a little bit more difficult and less natural than with other version of this kind of effect.
- The reset is also not as easy, you need to carry a small object in order to reset the whole thing.

THE PROS :
- The box and the packaging are very well made, you get everything you need and the quality is there.
- This is a different handling than with most boxes so it may appeals to another kind of public. The way the gimmick is made allows most of the handling to be done with it.
- There is a 3D aspect with the gimmick so it's really cool.
- The gimmick is inside the box so everything is self contained, the box is also examinable.
- You can replace your card gimmick with another one made up for a note or a piece of paper easily. Unfortunately, you get only one gimmick so you may have to check if « refills » packs are available.

Overall rating : I really like this kind of routine and you can a lot of work have been put into this project, not my go to box but a very good one, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, without the mercury card fold, the handling will require a lot more practice than boxes like the Kennedy or any other clear box, 3/5 stars.

Similar products : There are millions of possibility for the card to box effect ! I personally use the one I put out called « Revolution Box ».

If you like my reviews, you can check the other ones here : http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
I have one question : Can I write on a business card, fold it, switch it for the gimmick, and put it in the box in front of the spectators?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Yup Smile

Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, Ypnoze wrote:
I have one question : Can I write on a business card, fold it, switch it for the gimmick, and put it in the box in front of the spectators?

Absolutely!

You can do that without any switch.

Vision box sold out the first day at magic live and has been considered by some of the best minds as "the best card to box ever created".

You can order it at www.joaomiranda.com
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
Looks pretty cool. Can you tell me if there is any kind of audible "click" when removing the card?
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2354 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I am very impressed by this.
It handles very well and has no sound issues.
The reset is my only negative on this, it's not instant you need few seconds.
I like it though out of all the other boxes on the market it up there with Paragon, but both have there fors and against.
Out of the 2 I prefer this version as your hands are clean at the end with nothing to hide or remove at the end.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
201 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Looks great. I would love this but I have already invested in Mystery Solved and am happy with it.
P.S. Love the random clip of Shin Lim fixing his hair lol!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of videoman
Just got this box and like many of you I have owned most of the clear boxes that seem to come out about every 6 months.
I got out my Clarity Box and it reminds me of the very early cell phones, it's seems so huge now. Smile

Haven't really worked with this yet but it may be my favorite of them all.
They all have their strengths and weaknesses and they all accomplish the same goal. It really comes down to personal preference so if you already have one that you're happy with then no reason to get this one.

IMO, Paragon 3D is the closest one to the Vision Box. As someone who only performs occasionally I had trouble with Paragon 3D, both in getting the card in the box to work reliably and also with dumping it out properly. But that's totally just me as it's totally doable to make it surefire. So for me, Paragon was more difficult but everyone is different.

In a perfect world I prefer the clear bottom of Paragon over the black bottom of Vision Box. But it's a tiny detail that in the real world doesn't really make any difference. I call them both little jewelry boxes. But the black bottom does offer a couple advantages which make it a very worthwhile trade off for me.

For me, it was very easy to get the handling down with Vision Box. It just seemed to "fit" me better than the others.

If you haven't purchased a clear box yet but you're contemplating getting one then I would highly recommend you consider Vision Box.
Well actually, if you plan on using it for a mercury folded playing card then Toibox is still my favorite. I plan on using this with a billet.
But Vision Box is very nicely made and there aren't really any surprises. It does what it is intended to do very well. I will certainly be using it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VISION BOX - New card to box (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL