The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VISION BOX - New card to box (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Thanks so much Guys for the wonderful reviews!

Chris Oberle just did a video review of Vision Box.

You can take a look at it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_WSf8Gi8Q
colin underwood
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of colin underwood
I have played and used this a awhile and think its very good for a parlour show or TV ( EXCELLENT) but there are some handling problems for restaurant work or close up corporate work which I do. Both types of performances mean quick reset. Unfortunately because the examinability of box it means the method is well hidden. In dark venues or if you wear reading glasses the reset is slowed down and cant be reset while walking to next table.The Gimmick used in unlocking box is very small and can get and does get lost on a patterned floor carpet , so an extra one is needed as backup. Gluing 'THE KEY 'to a mini torch would help or use square magnet. The gimmick has to be in specific position when displayed,this can move about in box, so carrying box is a little restricted in that you must insure that when taking out box from your pocket, said gimmick is correct. Its not guaranteed of being in position.The lid is also loose so both gimmick and lid can dislodge in your pocket very easily.(elastic band can stop this) Carrying box in hand after reset would be solution. The plus side is there is one card and box at end leaving you very clean. In my many years as a professional performer using different card boxes , no one has ever asked for the box afterwards , they are too focused on the card in the box being theirs.But the subtle impact of leaving the box in view afterwards is very strong but this can be achieved with other boxes in handling. For a TV show with very tight shots this is fantastic with no hands leaving frame.I will use it for this type performance. It allows a very close up on performers face as the magic happens. Perfect! The box itself kind of reminds me of a Tenyo product and would prefer a little thicker as in Paragon or 360.The manufacture of gimmick is very easy with clear instructions.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
The Q and A murphy's had about this on their facebook page was very good! If you are on the fence I would go check that out. This really does look amazing, great work on this Joao!
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2016, codydavismagic wrote:
The Q and A murphy's had about this on their facebook page was very good! If you are on the fence I would go check that out. This really does look amazing, great work on this Joao!


Hello Cody.

I am glad you enjoyed the interview, where was mentioned a lot of info about my latest releases, but also about my approach to magic.

You can see the FULL interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxzH0LPYMYY
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
313 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
I have seen this in action at the French FFAP convention last week and I can say it is very clever!
The box is very well made and the method is clever.
What's interesting in this card to box is the simplicity - it is very easy to use and once the card changes you're done - nothing to do after the change because the box allows you to be 100% clean.

Now it is available worldwide it's a chance for you to get it easily Smile
In my case, highly recommand!
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2016, JordanVictoria wrote:
I have seen this in action at the French FFAP convention last week and I can say it is very clever!
The box is very well made and the method is clever.
What's interesting in this card to box is the simplicity - it is very easy to use and once the card changes you're done - nothing to do after the change because the box allows you to be 100% clean.

Now it is available worldwide it's a chance for you to get it easily Smile
In my case, highly recommand!


Thanks Jordan!

Vision Box is getting amazing reviews and will be actually performed LIVE on the illusionists tour, which is a great honor for me.

People have been asking me about extra pieces for vision box.

You can get them now thru my website at joaomiranda.com
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
15 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
Hello to everybody,
just a little tip on the "key": hook it to a flat magnet, glue it on a little clothes peg, or on a real key (like letter box).
it will be easier to find (and hard to lose! sometimes I could not even see it on the table ... Smile
best
marco basileo
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4283 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Looks like I'm the only one to have received a really poorly finished box. The sides are not flush. At least I'm the only one the rest must be good yes? This one feels dreadful!

Will be returning to vanishing, fir them to return to Joao.......for him to return to vanishing....to tpreturn to me..... I will have a well travelled box.....eventually. 😜😏
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4283 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, dave_matkin wrote:
Looks like I'm the only one to have received a really poorly finished box. The sides are not flush. At least I'm the only one the rest must be good yes? This one feels dreadful!

Will be returning to vanishing, fir them to return to Joao.......for him to return to vanishing....to tpreturn to me..... I will have a well travelled box.....eventually. 😜😏


I should say that both Vanishing and Joao have been great about replying to emails etc. And it is clearly a one-off error or there would be more than just me mentioning it.

I love the illusion of removing the dinged card. It's a great piece of work Joao well done sir.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4283 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, dave_matkin wrote:
Looks like I'm the only one to have received a really poorly finished box. The sides are not flush. At least I'm the only one the rest must be good yes? This one feels dreadful!

Will be returning to vanishing, fir them to return to Joao.......for him to return to vanishing....to tpreturn to me..... I will have a well travelled box.....eventually. 😜😏


I should say that both Vanishing and Joao have been great about replying to emails etc. And it is clearly a one-off error or there would be more than just me mentioning it.

I love the illusion of removing the dinged card. It's a great piece of work Joao well done sir.


It also works with signed cards!

Just one thing though that no one has mentioned....make sure your timid is the same colour as your cards or it ps a double trick.....colour change effect may be noticed! Smile
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Thanks for the kind words.

I will have some stock of vision box in blackpool.

And a lot of great stuff as well Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4283 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Looking forward to it. I particularly want to see the card from pad .....looks great on screen!
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
856 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Vision Box - what a fantastic utility ...
this was my first purchase of "card to box" routine.

With so much to choose from out there, I deliberately went for a finish that could be as "innocent" as possible.
This ticks all the boxes. It is so clean, nothing to find. Perfect.

Instructions come with 3 alternative handling routines ... retention of vision, shuttle pass, and Shin Lim's own take.

Even though I have a learning curve with the MF, I do not regret this purchase.
A true collectors piece ....
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi everyone, will this be suitable for walk around performances? Any angles restrictions?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1192 Posts

Profile of Jared
Personally I wouldn't use this for strolling because of the reset. But for table-hoppers it should work great because you usually have enough time in between tables. The box and handlings are very clever because the retention of vision is incredible. If you put in the required small amount of practice you'll be rewarded with a very convincing card to box. For strolling environments I'd recommend the original (wooden)John Kennedy's Mystery Box or Toibox, which is my personal favorite because the effect can be instantly repeated.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi jared, thanks for your input. yes the reset time is one of my primary concerns as well for strolling work. Think I will probably check out mystery box as well. Smile
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
856 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Vision Box is a fantastic piece of kit.
Truly amazing.

However, try as I may, I cannot perform the MF.
I keep this item purely because it is perfection to watch the effect happen in my hands.
Seeing it happen - it is just not possible.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2017, wulfiesmith wrote:
Vision Box is a fantastic piece of kit.
Truly amazing.

However, try as I may, I cannot perform the MF.
I keep this item purely because it is perfection to watch the effect happen in my hands.
Seeing it happen - it is just not possible.


If you are struggling with the mf I highly recommend getting Jon allens perfect score. It makes doing the mf so easy. I make up a whole deck of them, with only a little practice to get score right you have a deck that they can freely choose any card from.
I can do a pretty good me but this makes it sure fire 😀
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VISION BOX - New card to box (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL