The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Tricks using small bodies of water (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Houdini Trix
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of Houdini Trix
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any resources regarding tricks that can be performed with bodies of water (such as at a beach or near a pond or river). So far, these are some themes/effects I've been able to brainstorm:

- A card is selected, the deck thrown into the water and all the cards but selection are face down. (Alternatively, all the other cards vanish.)

- Water is taken into a glass and changed into something else (wine, ice, etc..).

- A card or word is selected and the revealed by something floating in the water.

- Something valuable and unique is lost and found using the water somehow (either it's lost in the water or found in it).

I know there's gotta be a lot on this subject but I can't seem to find much.

Anyone else have any ideas?
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
For your first one....you could get a deck of do**le ba***rs and place one do**be fa**r of a card for your choice.... Then somehow force that selection....and however you throw it into a pond.... That card will always be face up

Sleepy
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Effect: A deck of cards is submerged in the water, and all of the other cards dissolve and vanish, leaving the signed selection as the only card.

Method: A card is selected and signed. Deck switch to an Omni Deck. The rest is acting. Unfortunately, you might lose the Omni Deck in the process, since it's pretty invisible under water (not to mention the fact that the water might be deep/the deck might be swept away). It might be best if the water is clear. so they can see the "real deck" go in, and be able to appreciate the vanish. If you have questions about the specifics of that routine, feel free to PM me.

Omni Deck: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S3389

Hope that helps!

Zack
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
That's some really cool ideas. I like the Omni deck one
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2016, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
That's some really cool ideas. I like the Omni deck one

Thanks! Although I'm straying from the street magic topic, the omni deck one is great if you're hosting a barbecue or a pool party, or if you have a jacuzzi. First, it's your house and you can retrieve the Omni Deck later. Second, these have the perfect clear water for visibility. You could turn the jets on in the jacuzzi and vanish the pack of cards. Many will think you simply dropped all of the other cards. Then, have someone turn off the jets. As the bubbles clear, everyone will see that there aren't any cards in the water! It's like a semi-sucker trick. Just brainstorming here.

Keep the ideas coming!
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Liquify by Richard Sanders and Bill Abbott: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRbT7RfvjOg
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

There was one a couple years ago where you have some water come from an ordinary bottle then tip it upside down and the water stays in. Then you put a toothpick in it and it floats up. It was interesting
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
The only one I can think of is the one using an omni deck.
"It's better to have 3 amazing tricks than 10 good ones"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2016, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
There was one a couple years ago where you have some water come from an ordinary bottle then tip it upside down and the water stays in. Then you put a toothpick in it and it floats up. It was interesting

You are speaking of Isely's "ANTI GRAVICO". I'm sure that he has long ago passed away. It sold for $1.00 back then, It's now sold in a "package" of 3 different liquid tricks, I THINK by my old pal, Graham Putnam, owner of FUN, Inc., Chicago.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
If the water is opaque, large or deep you could throw a spectator's personal item into the water (or do it "accidentally") and magically retrieve it...a variation on the old gag of "accidentally" throwing a spectator's ring (actually a nickle).
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Hydrostatic glass
Ihor
fabio_barstar
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of fabio_barstar
I saw an episode where Cyril was transforming water into ice blocks
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2016, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
Flow

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10538

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4TsY6KnXD0
Even Dr. Strange is performing flow. Not sure if its the same version.
Micheal
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
13 Posts

Profile of Micheal
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2016, fabio_barstar wrote:
I saw an episode where Cyril was transforming water into ice blocks

here's the footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GxEV7SVekI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Tricks using small bodies of water (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL