The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Where do I can find about the cards symbolism? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

roundhk
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of roundhk
Like why some characters are holding axes instead of spades, why the king of hearts is holding his sword against his head, the leaves and flowers holded by jacks and queens, etc. Is there any way that I can find more about this kind of thing? I want to design a deck but I want to make it really loyal to the historical symbolism.
Doc Willie
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Doc Willie
Doc Willie
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Doc Willie
On the Court cards: http://i-p-c-s.org/faq/tmfaq.php
Micheal
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
13 Posts

Profile of Micheal
That's very neat, thanks Doc Willie. I remember there is a book that talks about the history of card and its symbolism as well, don't remember the name tho.
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
WOW, that is very interesting! I haven't really thought about cards in this aspect but now I NEED to know more.
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
If I remember correctly, in the introduction to Card College Vol. 1, Roberto Giobbi included a brief history of the evolution and symbolism of playing cards. I liked it so much I adapted for a trick in my close-up act.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Where do I can find about the cards symbolism? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL