The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly Effect by Peter Nardi (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1858 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I still remember the day that Peter performed The Butterfly effect for me.
I immediately fell in love with it, not just because I was so fooled (and that I had no clue what exactly hit me)
but because it is such a beautiful routine that makes perfect sense and would fry any audience, lay people or magician.
Straight away I said to Peter that he needs to put it out. At first Peter didn’t want to, it was his pet effect
and one that he wanted to keep for himself and only share it with a few friends.
After my emails and Skype calls, I finally convinced him to release it and I am so happy for all of you guys,
because this is an amazing concept/effect.

You have got to see this:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=57503

Well done Peter!

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
chrislomas
View Profile
Regular user
Coningsby, Lincs
129 Posts

Profile of chrislomas
I have just had the email about this. I am amazingly impressed and have already ordered this. I cannot wait for it to arrive
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
If this is the same effect I saw peter perform to some lads in the Ruskin I need this in my life. Totally fooled me LOL
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2016, Chris Jones wrote:
If this is the same effect I saw peter perform to some lads in the Ruskin I need this in my life. Totally fooled me LOL

Hi Chris,

I suspect this was the one you saw, as Titanas kept asking me to show people Smile

Regards

Peter
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Really like this Peter.

Very sneaky & I didn't see the end coming.

Self working & not a long process.

Miracle time.

I will get this Peter.

Mike Donoghue

Pro. magician
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3610 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looks great. Love Peter. His stuff is usually great and he's just plain fun to watch.
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
Love this!

Billion
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Hum ... It's kind of weird , but when I saw the trailer this seems so familiar to me , I remembered that I've been doing this trick for sometime before at jamming sessions but just couldn't remember where I've seen it or that I've came up with a similar thing . I used a prediction card instead of the double faced joker though .

Anyway not trying to say this is not original , since I can't remember when I started performing this , I'm quite certain of the main workings , or that the version I've been performing looks similar to this , and all I've to say is that the method is brilliant , and it's really , really clever . It involves a little st*** , but it can be displayed as if the spectator shuffles the deck , since the spectator can have a chance of shuffling almost 3 / 4 of the deck . I've enjoyed performing this , and it really does fool magicians . Though the spectator won't get to shuffle the entire deck , it's easy to give them an impression that the entire deck is shuffled by themselves , and yes during the dealing process they truly have total control of what to deal , how much to deal , until they stop at one card which the shown value is lesser than the amount of cards left and cannot be dealt anymore .

One note to mention to buyers in case they're wondering , is that the dealing can be done partially face up , but when it's dealt near the end you've to find a way to deal the cards face down , there's no force whatsoever and I highly recommend this . You'll not be disappointed .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Richard Doyle
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
125 Posts

Profile of Richard Doyle
I like this and have ordered it this morning. One question I have about the trailer. It seems that the trailer was edited because if you count the cards that is counted out and the cards remaining it doesn't add up to 52.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

It is , but there's not really an issue , it's not edited out to protect the secret , it's just edited out to cut a long performance shot . In real situation the spectator has choices to deal down however number of card matching the previous value of the face up card , or he can randomly select any number and deal down , this will continue till the deck is almost finished and the last card turned face up the he deals , with it's value higher than the remaining number of cards in his hands , will be the final selected card . I cannot be sure if it's the exact way Peter performed it , but it rotates around this idea and steps . The method will not disappoint you and a little different to other CAAN effects , this involved free selection and multiple choices made completely free by the spectator , which is intriguing and interesting to them I find .

- Albert Einstein
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Peter Showed this to me in the shop a couple of months back and it fooled the hell out of me! The interesting thing here is, the amount of free choices you give to the spectator is amazing! Any number of variations could have been played out and still he predicted my card! Equally, I don't believe the trailer was edited because that is exactly how it played in real life. I cannot wait to get this!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
IanB
View Profile
Regular user
Derby
190 Posts

Profile of IanB
Not 100% sure but I feel this is very similar to (if not exactly the same as) Ed Marlo's "Not so lazy man's card trick" (Apocolypse Vol 13 No 1) 1990 or Mike Maxwell's "Lazy Magician's Assistant" (Apocolypse Vol 17 No.8) 1994.
Magician560 is correct about the m**i s***k etc. in one half of the deck. Very old trick.
I may not have the above references 100% correct but it is definitely appears to be a re-working of the lazy man's card trick from Harry Lorayne's "Close-Up card magic" (1962) taken a step further by Ed Marlo (as usual).
Sorry if I've got this wrong, but I can definitely replicate what is on the demo using Ed Marlo's trick!!
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

I remembered watching many Ed Marlo's videos and books but I'm not quite sure if this is where it came from . I'm good at remembering effects at the back of my head but considered utterly stupid in remembering it's name and it's source , all I can say for The Butterfly Effect is that : I remembered performing this quite some time ago , but I've absolutely no idea how and when exactly I started performing this , it's an awesome effect that really fools not only magicians but also gives a quite unexpected impact and reaction from a layman for a CAAN effect , I personally give this a high recommendation .

Don't get me wrong , I'm not going into an argument to whether this is an original release since I can't remember much . I support this product and thinks that it's excellent .

- Albert Einstein
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I have several of Peter's effects and will be adding this to the mix. Looks great.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1298 Posts

Profile of barts185
I think that the

It uses a regular deck which may be borrowed

statement has a heavy emphasis on the MAY part.

As opposed to saying you definitely can borrow any deck and do this trick with that deck I think you MAY borrow a deck IF the borrowed deck meets certain criteria.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4184 Posts

Profile of videoman
I like it but I was a little surprised when I first saw it and it resembled the kind of effect that could be on one of the self-working card trick DVD's such as Bannon's Move Zero.
Not saying there is anything wrong with that or that that's a bad thing, I was just somewhat surprised by it.
But it looks nice and I may pick it up sometime. May wait for a used version to hit the market.
IanB
View Profile
Regular user
Derby
190 Posts

Profile of IanB
Still surprised that so many "named" magicians were fooled by what is effectively a variation of the lazy mans card trick. As old as the hills and unoriginal.

I've cited the references in a previous post. I tried to be open, honest and respectful with my comments.

I have a lot of respect for Peter Nardi and I have and will continue to support Alakazam going forward but this is another case of "accidental re-invention" and because it's been done by someone who is a "big name" in our community it seems to be passing under the radar (again).

Look at the thread for "Polarity by Pablo Amria" http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

You'll get the idea.

I await the usual suspects to castigate me but we should be able to talk about these things without fear or favour ...
IanB
View Profile
Regular user
Derby
190 Posts

Profile of IanB
Emyers99 - I don't see any hate in this thread. Using emotive language like that is unhelpful and unnecessary.

Perhaps if you bothered to read the reference given then you might have a different opinion?

It is indeed a fantastic trick and one I've used for many years. I love!! It's just not Peter's ...
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1071 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Could you chime in please Peter
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
Peter will do the right thing.

Billion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly Effect by Peter Nardi (55 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.52 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL