The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly Effect by Peter Nardi (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1415 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I was reminded today why I really love this trick. I keep this trick set up in one of my older slightly beat up decks in my desk. I occasionally find the right time to bring it out and today was one of those days. The students I performed it for where in stunned disbelief. One girl got up and just left, one was shaking her head just trying to wrap her brain around what happened and the other just sat there and stared in disbelief, jaw agape.

With the Trick of the Year thread now open, don't forget about this gem.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2016, lord_wallmotto wrote:
I think that most of the material published in books can be considered to be "magician foolers" when performing for magicians who got into magic after the early year 2000. I met many quite talented magicians who never read a book and has absolutely no idea of who Vernon or Marlo was.

The young kids nowadays will probably refer to Vernon and Marlo as Verlo or something.
jmbulg
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
205 Posts

Profile of jmbulg
If you are interested in a principle which allows the spectator to make a riffle shuffle and maintain the necessary properties for the butterfly effect:

http://www.lybrary.com/a-bumblebees-flight-p-891875.html

(currently on the hot-list Smile )
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
122 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Just watched David Regal's review of Butterfly Effect on Reel Magic Magazine. I was surprised that David made such an issue of the length and procedure involved.
I think --like many others--that this is a wonderful effect and well worth learning. It has been added to my rotation. Sure it may not be suited for table hopping, but there are many occasions where this is suitable.
I mostly rely on Regal for his opinion, but I have to say I disagree with his assessment here.
Mike the Magician
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1415 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
In regards to the dealing part of this effect, I am curious as to how many magicians have the spectators deal versus the magician dealing the cards? Personally, I've always dealt the cards when I've performed this effect. I find that it doesn't make a difference from the spectators view point and I find that the trick doesn't drag this way.

Anyone else perform Butterfly Effect this way?

Quote:
On Jul 9, 2017, virtualwizard wrote:
Just watched David Regal's review of Butterfly Effect on Reel Magic Magazine. I was surprised that David made such an issue of the length and procedure involved.
I think --like many others--that this is a wonderful effect and well worth learning. It has been added to my rotation. Sure it may not be suited for table hopping, but there are many occasions where this is suitable.
I mostly rely on Regal for his opinion, but I have to say I disagree with his assessment here.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
453rob
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 453rob
I do the butterfly effect as done by Peter Nardi. After watching the trailer many times over I figured out how this was done. I recently saw Dave Forrest's Butterfly Effect and besides his rather awkward presentation, I think his effect is more baffling than Peter's There are more revelations and the deck is shuffled by the spec. I am sure that his is harder to do than Peter's. Counting versus a simple s*&^k. I do agree with some of the posters that this effect is way overpriced and should have been included is one of the self working DVDs that are so popular these days.
All in all I like the effect a lot and specs so far have been impressed. My reveal is on the back of a business card. I like revelations better when they are hand written rather than pre-printed. This gives the illusions that the result can be different every time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly Effect by Peter Nardi (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL