The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly Effect by Peter Nardi (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
See Sum Talk of Alexander - Alex Elmsley, as well
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
I am not sure what Peter has to explain or justify here on his thread ? If the principle applied to his effect is the same one as used by Al Koran , Marlo , Emsley etc ... Then by bring up those names what is in fact being said is each of those notable people have taken the principle and created a premise around the effect which suited their personality and performing circumstances .

I have read again the Marlow effect and his premise was more akin to the Stop trick . Peter has come up with an interesting premise .

Andrew
IanB
View Profile
Regular user
Derby
190 Posts

Profile of IanB
A brown ... Each of the people you mention had a variation in method to the original idea. Each deserved publication as they were different enough in methodology to the original.

The butterfly effect is exactly the same in methodology to the Marlo effect. No difference other than a presentational spin. A variation in presentation like this does not and should not be classed as a new effect.

I again refer you to the Polarity thread referenced above.

Save yourself £20 and support the originators. Buy Close-Up card magic or Harry's recent collected series (if you can get one). Buy the bound volumes of Apocolypse (if you can get one).

I also seem to remember that Mike Maxwell put this on one of his self working DVDs. They are inexpensive and you get much more for your £20.

I would like to emphasise again that I have nothing against Peter or Alakazam and will continue to support them ongoing.

There is still time to pull this before release.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, a brown 1968 wrote:
I am not sure what Peter has to explain or justify here on his thread ? If the principle applied to his effect is the same one as used by Al Koran , Marlo , Emsley etc ... Then by bring up those names what is in fact being said is each of those notable people have taken the principle and created a premise around the effect which suited their personality and performing circumstances .

I have read again the Marlow effect and his premise was more akin to the Stop trick . Peter has come up with an interesting premise .

Andrew

Totaly agree with you mate peter doesn't need to explain any thing, his trick has a diffrent flavour to what else is out there
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Quote:

Andrew

Totaly agree with you mate peter doesn't need to explain any thing, his trick has a diffrent flavour to what else is out there

How would you know Karl M I doubt you've even heard of Marlow let alone studied his work
IanB
View Profile
Regular user
Derby
190 Posts

Profile of IanB
It makes me smile ...

People contribute meaningless, uneducated and pointless posts to threads like this and it's any wonder that so many valuable individuals have stopped contributing to the Café.

I encourage anyone to re-read this post. Check the references. Look objectively at the facts and then make an intelligent comment on those facts.

There's no room for the sycophant's who blindly pass comment with no substance.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Ian ,

Yes I have all the excellent books you mention in your thread . The question , how come it fooled magicians can often depend on when an effect is brought into play but I agree when I saw the demo I recognised what I believe the principle to be .

You mentioned that Marlo and Koran effcts were different enough to justify separate publication . Technically both use the same principle merely its location is different ,resulting in one needing a deck face up and the other a deck face down in order to complete the effect .

I will say that for the price I am not sure the presentation Peter uses adds suffiicentt value if you know other versions already . Again we are assuming what the method is because we do not own the effect

Andrew
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Quote:

Andrew

How would you know Karl M I doubt you've even heard of Marlow let alone studied his work

I've got his revalutionery card technique book actually and his dvd called its all in the cards in my collections so I know what Im on about mate
IanB
View Profile
Regular user
Derby
190 Posts

Profile of IanB
Couple of things Andrew.

The previous incarnations give full credit to each other and don't hide that fact.

You're quite right. I don't own Butterfly Effect but I do the original Marlo version. If you freeze the YouTube video at 0.54secs you will see the KH, QS & JD next to each other. The Joker also covers a block of cards. Therefore, I don't need to own the Butterfly Effect because it is exactly the methodology referred to in previous incarnations. If it's proved otherwise then of course I'll accept my mistake and apologise accordingly.

All that is being offered here IMHO is a presentation spin and some gaffed cards which are merely the revelation on the final card.

IMHO this does not justify an individual release. If it was part of a book/lecture notes that acknowledged the original and was shown as a different presentation then I think that would be fine.
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Don't know if it's the same method, but this looks like it's based on the K.....L maths principle. It's a nice thing to know, and very weird principle!
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Known or not known I have like the trailer and immediately ordered ;-)

I hope to receive it soon and start palying with it!
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, BlackZ wrote:
Known or not known I have like the trailer and immediately ordered ;-)

I hope to receive it soon and start palying with it!

You won't ve disapointed.
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
768 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
I ordered it as well. As to Bannon's Move Zero earlier noted in this thread, I must admit that I was disappointed by its content.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1543 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
You don‘t think it's good enough to be a stand-alone trick?
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
803 Posts

Profile of magico
I have to agree the principle or method may not be new but I like Peter's presentation. If you watch the Alakazam Vlog 2nd June 2016 he mentions he has been doing this effect for the past ten years and started to teach it in his lectures.

I think some are jumping to conclusions about credits but we won't know that until the actual product is released.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
So here's another single trick DVD anyway ...

I miss the times when there always are multiple effects on a DVD .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of papawemba
In the trailer, Titanas say this : "This is favorite EVER impromptu effect".
So is it impromptu if this is sold with a gimmick !?
And if this is the same principle as Lazy man card trick, this is definitively not impromptu ;-)

Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, papawemba wrote:
In the trailer, Titanas say this : "This is favorite EVER impromptu effect".
So is it impromptu if this is sold with a gimmick !?
And if this is the same principle as Lazy man card trick, this is definitively not impromptu ;-)

Smile

Please Remember Titanas is working for Murphys so most of what he says should be taken with a Pinch of salt
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Correct.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Ok thanks for the info lol.
But anyway, that would be false advertising to leave that in the trailer... (If not impromptu of course )
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly Effect by Peter Nardi (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL