The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X-Ray by Rasmus (129 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11453 Posts

Profile of John C
You can get some of that rubber stuff they advertise on "as seen on tv" and coat a strong piece of metal somehow. Maybe a round ball bearing
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2016, Uncle Joe wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2016, rasmus wrote:
It's100 % reliable. just watch closely the explanation. instruct the spectator to make a tight fist,
and you get it perfect. if you want to have a longer range, just use a M#####ic
Coin.

If you have any nore questions, feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your Purchase

Yes,a Kreis coin works better. The advertised trailer showed a rubber like ball.
To laymen, a rubber ball isn't m......c. Everyone knows 'metal' is m......c.
I wanted (expected) a rubber ball that could do the job, you know like what was shown in the trailer.
Apart from that,it's fine.

What is shown in the Trailer is Exactly the Ball you receive. If you should really have an issue with the Black Ball you received, just drop me a PM with your adress, and I'm happy to send
you a new one that really works for you, ok?
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2016, seamagu wrote:
Interest points Marc. However, I feel the 50 50 plot CAN be a strong routine. When I'm performing it I always give them a chance to change their mind and I also tell them to switch hands a few times. Before I reveal the hand I always get them to confirm that it really felt like they had a free choice and that they were in control. Then I reveal which hand. This confirmation kind of raises them up to a height mentally and then you just drop them down with the reveal. Of course if you repeat this a few times getting confirmation each time that they were in control the effect just builds and builds. After about 3 times I close out the effect mentioning that I could do this all night.

Best,

Séa

Nice idea, I think for me though there is no crescendo as such, so prefer to link it with other routines to build up. ( I actually use them to build up to a smash and stab)
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
166 Posts

Profile of MinSting
For those who don't want use the ball, a pk ring looks very organic too,
Suux88
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Method is old,
I saw Brian Baxter do which hand? in Toronto's Browser's Den with this exact same method 10ish years ago
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Soooo I just reviewed Gaucci's eye to eye and body language package.

In eye to eye, Gaucci does indeed mention the x-Ray method. He doesn't provide you with everything you need as Rasmus does, but he certainly mentions it in the instructions. He actually recommends a different digit if that makes sense cryptically.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1797 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I perform a jingle bell monte routine that this works perfectly with - find 3 little jingle bells that have a metal clapper. Have the spectator chose one - you pick it up and allow the xray device to engage the bell you hold and when you shake it - it wont ring, The spectator can pick up the other two and they will - free choice
New Magic / Playing Card Reviews EACH WEDNESDAY
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
He actually recommends a different digit if that makes sense cryptically.

Cheers mate I know the method now Im going to try it out
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, DavidKenney wrote:
I perform a jingle bell monte routine that this works perfectly with - find 3 little jingle bells that have a metal clapper. Have the spectator chose one - you pick it up and allow the xray device to engage the bell you hold and when you shake it - it wont ring, The spectator can pick up the other two and they will - free choice

Clever indeed!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
He actually recommends a different digit if that makes sense cryptically.

Cheers mate I know the method now Im going to try it out

Have fun.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Btw, I would buy X-ray if you want to do this and not gaucci's.

Gaucci mentions the method but doesn't provide you with everything you need to go out and perform immediately as Rasmus does.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1797 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: X-Ray
Creator: Rasmas
Publisher: Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $ 50
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 28 minutes

Type of effect: which hand effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

The ultimate Which Hand effect + the ultimate Kurotsuke Effect!
All needed props included!

X-Ray is the first Which Hand effect and Kurotsuke method to date, that gives you the ability, with rolled up sleeves and no electronics, to guess with 100% accuracy, where the hidden object is. For the first time in magic, Rasmus shares his underground method, that is extremely simple and deceptive to lay people and to magicians as well.

X-Ray uses no electronics and can be performed sleeveless. There is no need to touch the spectators. The method is self contained. You could even do both effects Which Hand and Kurotsuke completely naked if you wanted to.

Includes one black and 4 white balls, for the strongest and most fireproof Which Hand and Kurotsuke style effects, where you guess with 100% accuracy, in which hand the black ball is.

Do it one to one with one black ball
Do it with 5 spectators
Do it with one white and one black ball to one spectator
Do it with a coin or with 2 different coins to one spectator
You know at all times, where which of the coins is (coins not included)

- Extremely simple to use
- 100% accurate every single time
- No complicated setups
- No long and complicated stories to tell
- No electronics
- No noise issues
- Completely self contained
- Invisible method
- Everything you need is included
- Works also perfectly with coins (coins are not included)
- Same range as other professional devices
- No need to touch the spectators
- Instant get in and get out
- 100% original and never before published method
- Perfect for TV shows (no sound issues and no electronics in play)
- No interferences or noise issues with microphones
- Which Hand and Kurotsuke included

How accurate is the ad copy? The phrase "Works also perfectly with coins (coins are not included)," is slightly deceptive. It would not work with any "standard" US minted coins. Yes, the ad copy also says "No need to touch the spectators" but... it does help.

What's in the box? You get a nice velvet bag with 5 plastic balls (one is black) and the gimmick(s) that allows you to do these miracles Everything you need, no need to add anything to it. The items all come in an Altoids "type" tin, but they don't quite "fit" back inside once you open it.

Key points:

How are the production values: multiple cameras, the microphone is echoy probebly because the studio is cramped and the talent is not personally mic'd. , No live performances

Is it well made: Everything looks great and is very professional.

Is it well taught: Yes, it's a short video, but Rasmsus moves quickly through everything and is able to cover multiple options and routines.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): no electronics, should work 100% of the time.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It's just small plastic balls, you could carry one, or all of them depending on what you want routines you want to do.

Does it "play big?" This is pure streamlined mentalism, like the add says, everything looks on the up and up, such a quick easy trick to do on the fly and hits big time and time again.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Very minimal, this does not require much practice, in fact you can easily practice by yourself.

How much arts and crafts are involved? A very small amount (if you want to) I have not altered mine and it works just fine.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely, and it's not hindered by quiet or noisy crowds, dark or sunlight, sleeves, long pants, watch bands...or um... small woodland creatures.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Yes the video is a little short and the price tag is a little high, so I would offer this is really geared towards someone who is going to use this in their routine - this is mentalism at its finest, a real reputation builder

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4hi-1LWzWY
New Magic / Playing Card Reviews EACH WEDNESDAY
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
magicthoughts
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of magicthoughts
I recently purchased this effect and love it! Use it in shows with 5 volunteers and the included bag. I have no tried the "which hand" routine as that wasn't the purpose of my purchase, but for the stage routine it works perfect!
philipsw
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of philipsw
Thanks DavidKenney - nice review. I agree with you that the price is just a trifle high - although given that you get all you need for the Kurotsuke (spelling?! I hate that word!) handling too I don't think it is exorbitant. I've done a more detailed review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2016/08/1......-review/
http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2016, philipsw wrote:
Thanks DavidKenney - nice review. I agree with you that the price is just a trifle high - although given that you get all you need for the Kurotsuke (spelling?! I hate that word!) handling too I don't think it is exorbitant. I've done a more detailed review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2016/08/1......-review/

Thank you for your review philipp. the price tag is pretty nice imho. in fact, the black ball is handmade in switzerland. each ball takes up to 15 minutes to make. the velvet bag is custom made and the white balls are machine manufactured in switzerland as well.

besides that, the wholesaler has a big discount. at the end of the day, what remains for the producer is just a piece of cake.

that means, if anyone thinks like that, it would be impossible to produce anymore magic for me.

and don't forget, that other electronic systems have price tags of 250 - 600 dollars.

hope you understand the price tag.

best wishes and thanks again for your great rewiew

kindly

rasmus

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
17755 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm still enjoying using this 👌

The size and set up is great for me...
DEVIL MAY CARE IS BACK!
http://tinyurl.com/y6n42gs2
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Nice to hear Iain

www.rasmusmagic.ch
lubor silver
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of lubor silver
It is always easy to find an idea "simple" once it IS in reality! But the simplicity implies meticulous attention to many details. Rasmus is one of those professionals who can create a comfortable working tool, durable with an inexpensive method whose impact on your spectators will reward your purchase on the first show. Of course, you can buy electronic accessories ... for the same result, but at what price? Thank you for this package very well thought out and divinely effective in the real world of magic!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11453 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2016, Platt wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
I received a review copy of this and I think this is one of the best Gimmicked which hand methods out there.

There's no technology to worry about failing. It's VERY reliable. I think there is a small learning curve to be able to "read" the device accordingly. However once you understand the read of the device, it works perfectly.

One reason I prefer this to other which hand releases is that there is no really awkward "wrist under fist" moves like so many others. To me, the wrist (wearing a band) being under the fist is such a strange position. This eliminates that. This also eliminates any VERY strange and awkward "fist beside the ear" which occurs in Gauccid method.

The balls which are provided are very well made. They feel virtually identical and weigh virtually the same. The other gimmicks provided are top quality as well.

The method is simple, but that's part of the beauty. Rasmus has knocked it out of the park with this one. Great job!

Agree the gaucci ear position was very strange but you didn't have to use it that way. Sounds like this is a likely a clever build on the gaucci method which actually can be done nearly identical to this. Hopefully he's credited. Can this work with a properly gimmicked quarter or smaller?

Gauci has been using a *****r**P method for quite sometime. Don't know if its the same, but sounds like it.

I can't work out what words you censored. Please PM me and I'll clarify.

He said *****r**P
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
MagicMikeCat
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of MagicMikeCat
I have had the opportunity to play with this effect now for a couple months and I love it! By far my top purchase of the year. I can't speak to similar effects as I don't own anything else like this but it is an excellent lead in to my comedy lie detector routine. I do mostly kid shows and originally purchased this for my few adult shows (the 5 ball routine) but the kids love it too! As I try and determine which kids are lying and telling the truth about their colored ball when it gets down to the final 2 kids I use the line, "I feel bad for your mom and dad - you are really good at this (lying)" gets a huge laugh from the adults. I get asked a lot to perform a trick or 2 in the local schools - this always goes with me for a fun interactive and always fooling effect. Too top it all off when I use an assistant for a show I go offstage and have them "pass" out the balls - and line them up onstage with the spectator with the black ball 4th in line. Adds a totally new dimension to the impossibility of knowing who would have the ball since I was offstage and my assistant supposedly doesn't even know who has the black ball.

Can't recommend enough - you will have fun with it - packs small and plays big!
Check out my effect "Mind Card" http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7240
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X-Ray by Rasmus (129 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL