The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X-Ray by Rasmus (129 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
magic_tony
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, clairvoyant wrote:
Is this essentially the same method as Franklin's from his book? Not sure if this is original.

According to the blurb on Murphy's site Rasmus' effect has a:

"100% original and never before published method"

If that is true, then it should be different to all other previous methods. Although watching the video I can see how people think it looks similar to Gauci's trick. I'll guess we'll find out in a few days if the advertisement it true or not.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, magic_tony wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, clairvoyant wrote:
Is this essentially the same method as Franklin's from his book? Not sure if this is original.

According to the blurb on Murphy's site Rasmus' effect has a:

"100% original and never before published method"

If that is true, then it should be different to all other previous methods. Although watching the video I can see how people think it looks similar to Gauci's trick. I'll guess we'll find out in a few days if the advertisement it true or not.

Please let it be true!!!
Smile Smile Smile
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
122 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, Nick Singh wrote:
Will this still work if someone takes the ball and places it in their pocket?

Yes, it still works. The spec can immediately put the ball in the pocket.
On the download you will also find a 3 Choice effect.
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:
Not trying to fish but does it need a good sught? If somebody knows please pm me. I m interested in this...

I meant "good sight" ...
(typing on my phone without glasses and with thick fingers (-:

No, the actually method of judging which hand contains the object doesn't really on the sense of sight.
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, Nick Singh wrote:
Will this still work if someone takes the ball and places it in their pocket?

It happens to me every now and then and it actually makes the effect even better. I use SS and a ring so there's always a way out.

In a one on one performance, you would have to do 'the business' to both of the spectator's hands to know for certain if they have tried to catch you out by placing the hidden object in their pocket.
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Thanks. It's been confirmed also by Rasmus in a pm.
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
I spent quite a bit of time with Rasmus while he was bringing this effect to the market and have seen him slay people with it. Even when you know the method, it appears as if he isn't employing it. Very strange! There is a very slight learning curve or 'awareness of ones movements' to take into account before performing this consistently, but it doesn't take long to get 'the feel' of it.
ArielIllusionist
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ArielIllusionist
How does this compare to Scan 3D, besides a huge gap in price and different methods? Has anyone thought about it?

I was thinking of purchasing the Promystic Scan 3D (which I can see, read and have heard is phenomenal) but saw this come out.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

Cheers!
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Does anyone happen to have any insight as to when this will be hitting retailers?
I pinged Penguin via chat and while they have it open for pre-order, they don't have any info on ETA yet.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I believe 6/09
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
I thought I had read the 9th, but if that were accurate I would have thought Penguin would have had a date by now... Given its 2 days away.

Pretty confident I'm going to pre-order regardless. Smile
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1399 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2016, JasonL2112 wrote:
Does anyone happen to have any insight as to when this will be hitting retailers?

Hi Jason

MoM are expecting to ship this out worldwide from the UK on the 9th.

Hope this helps
Dominic
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2016, ArielIllusionist wrote:
How does this compare to Scan 3D, besides a huge gap in price and different methods? Has anyone thought about it?

I was thinking of purchasing the Promystic Scan 3D (which I can see, read and have heard is phenomenal) but saw this come out.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

Cheers!

If electronics is what you considered Arie, did you also see FK? Cheaper then Scan...but looking at a non electronic, this appears to be the way to go...
Smile Smile
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Order placed. Truly looking forward to this one.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6772 Posts

Profile of bowers
I will probaley order also.
It will be hard to beat V by Manos though.
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
For notes, do you still need the small black balls?

Billion
music
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of music
The trailer states you can use different objects.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, music wrote:

The trailer states you can use different objects.

Provided the different objects are prepared and made ready to be sensed Smile - - - As I understand and speculate the concept behind this effect.

As already mentioned by others, this SEEMS to be a reworked effect and hence I feel $60 retail is big money for what you will probably be getting. However the pricing of an effect is the sole prerogative of the creator/producer/distributors of the effect.

If my thinking is on the right track, this will be one easy to do project for the DIYers. And because of the high retail price tag on this effect, one shall soon see it on the Chinese Magic sites at a fraction of the cost.

Just my thoughts, please continue . . . Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
The ad states "100% original and never before published method"

I find this hard to believe. If this uses the method I think it uses than this has been done before in almost every variation possible.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
At 1:23 in the demo you see the gimmick in play which you will instantly know what is used as the gimmick in getting the que
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X-Ray by Rasmus (129 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL