The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Cut & restored silk streamer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Does anyone know where to find the working behind the cut & restored silk streamer where you stand on each end of the silk (one end under each foot)? I have seen both Jade and Jason Byrne do it and would love to find the effect in print or on video.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21989 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
First of all it is not a silk streamer. It is a wide ribbon. The original trick was sold by Tannen's many years ago.

It was called 'Count Artell's Professional Ribbon Cut'. This was a sleeper in the catalog. Never purchased. It is not available any longer.

The wand was the main gimmick. Cutting a ribbon with a wand did not make a lot of sense to me.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I think the wand has been replaced with a knife in this case.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21989 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As I remember the tape of Jason, he used the wand. And the lady magician at Abbott's used the wand also.

There is no knife used in this effect. I have not seen Jade version.

Jason used the knife to cut open the grapefruit.

Anyway, you have your answer. Good luck on locating. I have been looking for this effect for 10 years.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The wand was used to pull the center of the silk or ribbon up to cut it with scissors.

A cheap way to do this is to buy cheap fabric and tear into long strips.

You might also look into Jack Gwyene's cut and restored turban. I think it was written up in Tarbell.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, Scotland
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
This idea is discussed in Dariel Fitzkee's 'Rope Eternal'. Very briefly I should add! Can't complain, the book is only a few $'s.
Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Cut & restored silk streamer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL