The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 7 Mysteries available again!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
After being Sold Out at Mindvention and in the Alakazam Site, now I m happy to say that the book is available again: http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-7-Myst......der.html

Here is just the Prologue written by my great friend Ian Rowland

This is a great book by a wonderful performer, mentalist and friend. If you value it, as you should, and study the contents, it will repay you with a wealth of great, entertaining  mentalism and plenty of sound advice.

Without doubt, mentalism is a difficult and challenging branch of magic. Many are drawn to it, but few stay the distance. The problem is that as a mentalist, you have nowhere to hide. You can’t rely on music, lights and stage effects to entertain your audience, nor can you hope to impress anyone with your repertoire of sleights and slick moves. The stark truth is that in mentalism, it all has to come from you. Your presence and personality are all you have. Jorge is one of the few who really understand this particular discipline of the magical arts. He gets it; he knows how to make it work.

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Jorge perform just about everywhere. I’ve seen him do formal theatre and cabaret shows, but I’ve also seen him put on an improvised show for tourists on the streets of London. I’ve seen him take over a bar and amaze cynical, seen-it-all-before staff with miracles of mindreading and metal-bending, and also seen him backstage (at a concert given by a major international star) leaving staff and assistants utterly bewildered by his strange talents. In short, Jorge can seemingly weave mental miracles out of thin air whenever he wants to, wherever he happens to be. What’s more, he’s good. He’s very good indeed.

The real secret of Jorge’s work is this: everyone likes him. He has that rare and special knack of getting along with people, and bringing out the best in them wherever he goes. He can’t teach you this secret in these pages, but if you are lucky enough to meet him, or to see him working, you’ll see the very special kind of magic I’m talking about. Jorge’s way of talking to people, setting them at ease, sharing his love for his craft and delighting them with his warm nature and mental miracles is a joy to behold. He leaves people mystified, yes, but he also leaves them happy, charmed, smiling and delighted that they met this strangely talented man. Jorge’s performing style gives the rest of us something to aspire to. None of us can be Jorge, but all of us can learn from him.

All the material in these pages is practical, real-world ‘worker’ mentalism that people like and enjoy. It’s gold, and I suggest you treasure it accordingly.

If you’re lucky enough to know Jorge as a friend, you’ll have discovered he’s a wonderful person first and a mentalist second. There’s no doubt that Jorge can teach us all a lot about mentalism. More importantly, he can teach us a lot about how to live, how to treat the people around us, and how to have a wonderful time sharing our love of mentalism with  the world.

Welcome to Seven Mysteries.

- Ian Rowland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD1AyO45VXY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 7 Mysteries available again!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL