The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Trying to break into the biz (of editing) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, all. Over the last few years, I have offered a few editing hours to try to break into the biz of the publishing side of magic/mentalism. I am not a pro-performer, but a hobbyist and part-time creator. I would like to offer my services for proofing and editing free of charge to an upcoming book project in exchange for a reference for not only the work, but my trustworthiness. I have learned that I will never be a famous mentalist through performance, but I would love to grow in my reputation as a helper to others who have accomplished that dream. And I am willing to work to earn this reputation.

I have a degree in English, and I write pretty decent copy myself, I think. Over the past few years, I hope I have established a reputation of good customer service with the products I have sold, and I have also tried to earn trust with the way I have handled the information that has been shared with me by many of you. Writing copy for mentalism is very technical work, and it is also an art. Both of those qualities can be improved through the services of a good editor and proofreader.

I am not trying to make money, but I truly enjoy this type of work. My pay would be to experience new work from great artists and to contribute in their publication in a small, but important way. If I am able to earn a positive reputation with a few projects, I will cross any future compensation bridges when I get there.

If anyone would be willing to give me a chance on his/her book, upcoming PDF series, or other work so that I can get started, I promise to do good work for you. I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, as I am the kind of person who needs projects in his life outside of my real job.
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What an exciting proposition!!!! I'm sure you'll get a zillion offers. Thanks!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Trying to break into the biz (of editing) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL