We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What do you think?...levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
This is my first try...what do you think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5gtwEIT......&index=1
Could be performed surrounded...in shorts also...
best,
T
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22516 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I think the rising is a tad to slow. If you can speed it up a little, it will look better. The black leg brace on the stool, prevents observing what is happening. You can't see you are rising until you clear the black brace.

What is with the garbage bag. It has no purpose to the presentation, better to have an assistant hand you helium balloons one at a time as you rise higher and higher. This needs a nice set of legs from a woman to enhance the effect.

Shorts, they publish a book that called, "Dress for Success". It is pretty bad when the props out stage the magician. In other words, the stool does not go with T-Shirts and Jeans or shorts. I suggest you shop around for a nice pair of slacks and long sleeve shirt.

Also when you get to the top extend your arms for an applause cue, and at the end when you land. Read Ken Weber book "Maximum Entertainment".
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
I concur with Bill - it is way too slow. Magic has to be happening. It needs pace to make it entertaining. If they have to sit there for half an hour waiting for the assistant to go up and down, they will have switched off by the end, due to boredom. Always keep things lively.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
Thanks...video removed ; )
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2436 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I wish you had removed it. It has some very clever detailing in it. I think it just needs a little of a verbal set up so we understand the reason for the plastic bag. It reminds me of certain Robert Harbin effects where he sets up an impossible situation using things to prove what he is doing. In that regard, I understand your thinking and using the plastic bag. Frankly, as it is a personal video… I could care less what you're wearing. I'm sure it was just ignore her some video for us to see. I understand that ultimately it might need to move a little faster but the advantage of the slower lift is there's not as much of a jerk on the start and stop. You might have to split the difference. Overall, some very clever ideas and I hope you keep trying because it will be an ever evolving project!
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
Ray you fetched me from my waiting point...thanks for your kind words!
; )
On my homepage...you will find it - still...among other TRAiNING vids.
My approach was always bit strange....
Best wishes,
Thomas
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2436 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
BTW, I tried to type "I wish you hadn't removed it!" lol... drat my voice recognition! Keep up the great work Smile
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
I knew ; )
Best wishes!
T
brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
Https://youtu.be/YnvnjE248po
What do you think...in THIS TRAINING video....should I put the silk away more often?

Thanks a lot !
T
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2016, brainman wrote:
Https://youtu.be/YnvnjE248po
What do you think...in THIS TRAINING video....should I put the silk away more often?

Thanks a lot !
T

Ditch the silk & sit on the stool!

Now you have taken all the magic ( & logic) out of Fechners beautiful barstool levitation!

This is how it should look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPInwELhciY

Like they say: don't mess with perfection lol
brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
Yes I try that thanks.

Fechner...Perfection?
You own one?
Even Ryota did rebuilt it.
Why?..Because it is not possible to walk with the harness they deliver.
Too heavy...even too visible...very uncomfortable.
Even in the coffeepromo on the Developers Homepage you see the hook up...

Now I can perform it anytime in my act and feel totally free.
And since all those "Matrix" Levitation stunts on the streets
the original suffered also from quick
detection of how the hook up must be.

But hey...we all know:
Perfection is only subjective 😉

Best wishes!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22516 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Actually, the training video was much better on the rising, maybe a tad to fast.

What come to mind is why is he in front of that stool. That cloth covers everything, and blocks the true effect. It is not a Zombie Floating Ball.

Again, without an introduction it kills any misdirection of the audiences thinking. So setting on the stool, maybe do a trick while setting on the stool before the levitation.

You mention Ryota's effect, and what makes all those thoughts disappear is his balloon effect. All the attention was on the balloon, and being he did not want to release the balloon stepped up on the ladder/stool. This kept the thought process on the balloon effect. It gave the audience something to watch, and concentrate on. Then they realize the balloon is pulling him up. Being many of the news reports of people actually putting balloons on a chair and floating away, this is not impossible to believe.

For an illusion to be effective, you have to have a beginning, a middle, and an ending.

If you have all that and just wanted to show us what you built, then none of this matters, but in your original post, you just asked, "what do you think", and that is an open end question.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
I like this forum!
Thanks guys for your input!
T
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What do you think?...levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL