The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW "Replica" Triple Coin from John Jurney (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks, appreciate your comments and I've PM'd you. Smile

A lot of great response on this new coin set from John…People are really loving the greater functionality, and the added magical surprise packed into it! Smile

https://vimeo.com/170308032
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
So, ws and magicalos…what do you guys think? Smile

Getting lot of great feedback on John's new set. Smile

*The coins are very flexible...Here's another wonderful routine with the set:

https://vimeo.com/170314114
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And yet another nice routine with these wonderful coins from John Jurney… Smile

https://vimeo.com/157878947

Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
So if the Morgan Dollar Coins are "Chinese Replicas".

Are the Coins Cheaper than the real thing?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2016, Neznarf wrote:
So if the Morgan Dollar Coins are "Chinese Replicas".

Are the Coins Cheaper than the real thing?

If fake boobs are not the real thing, are they cheaper?

KJ
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quick question. How does this set differ from Johnny Wongs Super Triple set?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
I really don't like the look of the black hole in the Chinese coin. Unless you wear black it sticks out like a sore thumb!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2016, lukecloughmagic wrote:
I really don't like the look of the black hole in the Chinese coin. Unless you wear black it sticks out like a sore thumb!

I think it's magicians who see that as a "fake" hole because that's what we are used to seeing, but where does it say that all Chinese coins have to have a hole?
I mean it would be great if it actually were a hole but you have to make a compromise for this method.
I don't think specs care.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2016, videoman wrote:
Quote:

I think it's magicians who see that as a "fake" hole because that's what we are used to seeing, but where does it say that all Chinese coins have to have a hole?
I mean it would be great if it actually were a hole but you have to make a compromise for this method.

I totally agree here, "specs don't care" and if you understand a bit more deeply as to what they mostly see as they scan a situation through the mind's eye, then you'd know that with the movement of the coin(s) within the routine and show of it, specs simply recognize it as a hole, a real one or perhaps a not real one, but really it don't much matter…Or as Shakespeare once wrote, "Much ado about nothing," or something like that. Smile

And I'd also say here as to a bit of the difference as to this set is in the better overall functionality of the coins, and the heightened routine with the use of the Poker chip, not to mention the use of the replica coins and lower cost. Enough good thinking here on this set to give a nice new take (and I think a lot of customers agree), and even more good thinking to come on this…You'll see…Stay tuned! Smile

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
So compared to the Johnny Wong set? What is the difference? Is it just price?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I would say cheaper price and at least equivalent or better quality...I've only owned two Wong sets, so comparison is just my opinion...
leosy7
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
9 Posts

Profile of leosy7
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2016, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2016, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Hello, how do I purchase John Jurney's coin sets?
I totally agree here, "specs don't care" and if you understand a bit more deeply as to what they mostly see as they scan a situation through the mind's eye, then you'd know that with the movement of the coin(s) within the routine and show of it, specs simply recognize it as a hole, a real one or perhaps a not real one, but really it don't much matter…Or as Shakespeare once wrote, "Much ado about nothing," or something like that. Smile

And I'd also say here as to a bit of the difference as to this set is in the better overall functionality of the coins, and the heightened routine with the use of the Poker chip, not to mention the use of the replica coins and lower cost. Enough good thinking here on this set to give a nice new take (and I think a lot of customers agree), and even more good thinking to come on this…You'll see…Stay tuned! Smile
leosy7
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
9 Posts

Profile of leosy7
Hello, I am interested with John Jurney's coin sets. How can I purchase?
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
I got the info for ordering by sending a pm to the op of this thread, Mb217.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
And by the way, count me in as another satisfied customer. The Morgan replica gaffs I purchased are really well made, and John was a pleasure to deal with.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Here is Johns email.

Im sure you can order by just contacting him too.
Great sets and so fun to practice with too.
jjmagiccoins@comcast.net
leosy7
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
9 Posts

Profile of leosy7
Received my DFSTC Ike set today. I am very, very happy with my set. John Jurney is a fine craftsman. I can tell the attention to detail he put into this set. Compared to Wong's set, Jurney's set is of better quality. I used to have Wong's set and I hated it. I had to put Carmex lip balm on the coins to separate them. So my hands feel greasy. I lost this set in one of my gigs. Jurney's DFSTC's magnet is of right strength, easy to separate. And he took the time to shine the coins. His customer service is the best. He takes the time answer all my questions. By the way I highly recommend John Jurney's DFSTC to all magicians, buy this. I like it so much that I am also buying his Morgan set. Thank you John.
leosy7
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
9 Posts

Profile of leosy7
I received my Morgan DFSTC from John Jurney. I now have both the Ike and Morgan. If you are a close-up magician or strictly Coin Magician, I highly recommend John Jurney's product. My Morgan DFSTC is my best coin magic investment. You can do miracles with this set, without the hardcore sleights. I can do some fancy coin magic, but with this set, your performance will be cleaner, and lesser worry about angles. The set is top of the line. The main difference of this set compared to other sets (from Wong etc) is John added clear Teflon film to make sliding the coins easy like sliding butter. The coins are replica coins from China, but he cleaned it up so well, it looks and feel like my original silver morgan coin. The magnets are of the right strength. John even gave me extra stickers for the both the Chinese and poker ship. He also gave me extra teflon films. The set also comes with real poker chip. Buy this now, while available. John might not offer this forever.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Sometimes I don't understand the logic behind manufacturing. If you cannot put a hole in the coin why should you choose the one and only coin on earth which has a hole for the opposite side?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW "Replica" Triple Coin from John Jurney (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL