The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Turner Coming Back to Penguin Live (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
As you probably know by now, we've changed the format of our lectures to be able to show more performance footage, so questions are no longer live-tweeted (the Penguin Live name was kept for branding reasons... I know, confusing, but there we are). However, we have Peter Turner coming back and he always generates a lot of interest, so I'd like your help with questions for him.

We'll be filming his lecture on June 15th. Any questions (for him) posted here before then will be asked (within the limits of sense and decency Smile ).

Thanks, and I look forward to reading what you'd like to hear from him.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Filming in columbus? I may need to drive down.
Lakewood, Ohio
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Peter can you guess what color will my underwear be by the time the lecture happens?

Also, in your experience, what is your biggest achievement in the mentalism realm?

Thanks.

pd- Awesome if you will be hosting the lecture, Dan.
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2016, E.E. wrote:
Peter can you guess what color will my underwear be by the time the lecture happens?

That's too easy. By the time the lecture happens it will be mostly brownish yellow.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
That's the color my underwear is right now, Bob you are awesome! Smile
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Dan:

I mentioned this to customer support, but never heard back.

It is my opinion that providing a copy of the show along with the lecture would be a fantastic addition for purchasers. It would make up for the inability to ask live questions during the lecture.

Could you bring this up?

Tony Iacoviello
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2016, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2016, E.E. wrote:

That's too easy. By the time the lecture happens it will be mostly brownish yellow.

From a distance, it looks like a hotdog with mustard Smile
I've asked to be banned
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
456 Posts

Profile of Axel
Great!
Now this has to go downstairs as well...
Smile
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Good news. Peter's first lecture helped me re-ignite a spark that had been dormant for a few years due to family/work responsibilities. He is an excellent teacher, a creative juggernaut, and he has been very kind/generous with me personally when I know good and well he didn't have the time for it.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Over this guy.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2016, VIEW wrote:
Over this guy.

Me too Smile

I'm looking forward to flying into Ohio for some fun, the lecture will be easy watching and interested to see how things have changed since my first visit.

I'm primarily going to aim on performing commercial effects and talk about premise and presentation, character building and story telling within performance.

Anyway, really humbled to be asked to go back,

Pete x
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Looks like I'll have to extend my subscription one more month!
Hope this Peter Turner guy delivers. Smile
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2016, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
It is my opinion that providing a copy of the show along with the lecture would be a fantastic addition for purchasers.

Tony--
Great idea. We do try to show as much of it during the lecture as we can, but it's certainly more fun to watch everything in context. I'll bring it up at the next meeting and see what we can work out.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
Pete's a good friend and I will be there.

Billion
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Really looking forward to this.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
I would ask Pete about his method of revealing the information. He touches on it a little in other places but when does he like to write it on a pad and turn it around versus just verbally telling the person what they are thinking in a theatrical sense.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
SimonG-97
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of SimonG-97
I'd like to ask Pete his thoughts on structuring close-up mentalism performances. As in,

I approach a group, introduce myself as a mentalist/mind reader and ask to try something. Where should you go from there?

Up to this point I technically do a few different effects with different methods, but try to bleed everything into one demonstration. I try and use each different reveal as an opener middle and closing period but without actually doing "3 different tricks".

Hope this question makes sense.

Also, big thanks to Pete for sharing some of his performances and methods with us all, fantastic stuff from a fantastic bloke! I use a few of Petes methods but I'm always influenced and using aspects of your performing tips and philosophies so thanks for elevating mentalism further and further
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Some of the more general questions that come up most on this board are (1) where did modern mentalism come from, (2) where is it headed, and (3) how best to understand its relation to magic. Not all performers have thoughts about these matters, but if Mr. Turner does, they'd be interesting to hear.
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
I would like to ask Pete whether he uses 1 stooge or 2 stooges in his holy grail acaan effect. Kidding aside, I look forward to this event.

Billion
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Peter,
A lot of your work deals with close up mentalism but I know you also have a knack for creating stage pieces (regardless of it you perform them much these days). If you're open to suggestions I'd really like to see your take on some stage pieces.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Turner Coming Back to Penguin Live (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL