The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Opinions on two old marketed effects? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
821 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I was adding some items to my "To Buy" list and came across the following two effects.

The first effect was originally released as a limited edition manuscript in the 80's for a price exceeding a hundred dollars. A lot of money now and a heck of a lot back then. Today it is available at a much lower price.

'Test Conditions Second Sight' by Carroll K. Priest:

http://www.lybrary.com/test-conditions-s......949.html

But it is a trick I have never seen reviews for. So I am just curious if anyone here has any thoughts on this effect?

The next trick came out back in 2011. It seems to be some kind of new principle. But I cannot tell for sure. Again - it is a trick I have yet to see any reviews for. So - just wondering if anyone here has any views on it?

'The Ambivisual Principle' by Reg Blackwood:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-ambivisual-principle-p-77973.html

Cheers!

Joe Mckay
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Hi Bob-

I actually performed "Test Conditions Second Sight" for the press back in the 1980's at the P.E.A. convention in St. Louis. I was the "sender" and the late Carrol Priest was the "receiver" on the other end of the land-line phone in Los Angeles.

It was a very strong effect but I don't imagine it would play convincingly today in this world of smart phones and hi-tech electronics, which is what any modern audience would suspect.

It was some wonderful thinking, though. Even though I was the "sender" I never actually spoke to the receiver at all. The reporters made the call and did all the talking. Nor were there any stooges or hidden assistants. The method is completely lo-tech and the effect is exactly as described in Lybrary's description,

The effect did sell for a small fortune back then and, IMO, it was worth it at the time. But for the fifteen bucks Lybrary is charging for it, you'll probably find it interesting, even if you never use it.

Best,

Bob
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
821 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Cheers, Bob!

Great to get feedback from an expert in the field.

Thanks!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

You're welcome, Bob.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This sounds interesting. It has me wondering what exactly this is. Unfortunately $15 might be too much if it is what I'm thinking it is. I may have to flip a coin... I absolutely am a sucker for over the phone effects !!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
350 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Carrol was a genius. And his pre-show work was great. Nobody would ever question a tall, lanky cowboy type in jeans sitting at the bar having a beer. A short time later they never connected him as the guy in the dark suit and tie blowing their minds away in the club room of said bar. He could suck information out of the air, store it in his brain and do cold readings twenty minutes later that made sense to people.

Like a lot of Bob's stuff, the logical disconnection is perfected.

Lary/TEB3/Traveler
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
I don't think many will use this given we live in the age of the smartphone.

Billion
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...that's very *insight*-full...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 11, 2016, IAIN wrote:
...that's very *insight*-full...

+1

I'm flattered that he chose to parrot my earlier response, even though I'm sure he has no idea how the effect works.

Has anyone contacted Lior yet about the plagiarizing of his ad copy?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Opinions on two old marketed effects? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL