The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito box material (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I don't know if anyone is really interested in this type of material but I found a couple great downloads that focus on Okito box magic.

I found the teaser on youtube and its like a minute long but the downloads are studio shot and have loads of great material on them.

I Have started working on one of the routines called "No Table Required" that I think will be perfect for walk-around work in my restaurants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaZs1uShYSg

I was just thinking if anyone was looking for material they might find this helpful.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Also I have a Big Softbound Book On Boston Box Magic! ( without A coin stuck In the Botton! Smile ) P.M. me For More Info!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
William Dee
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of William Dee
I see it gives a partial list of stuff on the video download but how much stuff is on them?
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
Hey William

This set is full of stuff and when I say full I do mean full. There are individual routines and individual sleights explained throughout but in the routines there are tons of sleights explained too. I have not counted but I would say there are probably 100 items between the sleights and routines. Most of which I have never seen anywhere before.

He focuses on each person giving their own presentation to the effects so he gives very bare bones patter though which might be good or bad depending on your own preferences.

I found a couple more things on it, the first one is called "Not Quite In"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DXyxLtrI0

the second is called "Star Triple Transpo" both I thought were fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzmsfckniSs

I don't want to tip method but this transposition routine has something I had never seen done before and I thought was pretty clever.
New User
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of New User
I downloaded these and I can tell you this I had no idea how much could be done with the Okito box.
I figured a box and a lid that a few coins fit in how many possibilities could there be?
There is so much and he plans on doing more?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I am not clear, these are 2 downloads at $22 each, or it iseems a 4 hours download covering everything for $22 dollars?
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I agree the video text is unclear, but if you go to the page for it (http://www.thehandsofmagic.com/coin-box-concepts-1.html - in the video or in the description), you'll see that it says "Only $22.99 each".

Where did you see that he was planning on doing more?
New User
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of New User
Hey tonsofquestions,
At the end of each video it says that it will see you in the next. At the end of two it says "see you in volume three" or something close to that.
So I guess I'm assuming that there will be at least one more.
William Dee
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of William Dee
Chuck,

Thank you for the information I am certainly going to order both.
I have been wanting to see some new stuff on the coin box for a while.
William Dee
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of William Dee
So I downloaded this last night and it boggled my mind as to just how much stuff is on these.
I am amazed the twists that he puts on some of these ideas.
"My old halves" is the first I'm adding to my sets. The production of the coins caught me completely off guard and what a great method.
I am going to have to watch these several times because there is just so much to learn.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I am planning to get one of the downloads, which one do you suggest?
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
As I've gone through these I have noticed that I get something I didn't get watching the time before.
The one called My Old Halves is a great walk around routine and I have found myself flopping between doing that and No Table Required while practicing.

There is one on it that I believe is called Triple Travel I did a double take when I first saw it.

But as far as which one I can't say because they both have some very novel thinking.
New User
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of New User
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, pabloinus wrote:
I am planning to get one of the downloads, which one do you suggest?

I know this may not be really helpful but truthfully I can't say I would recommend one over the other.
This is one of the best downloads I've ever gotten because of the massive amount of stuff that is on it.
Not only that but the huge variety of effects that it covers. It's not just standard Okito box work it has great stuff with other boxes too.
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
With all this talk about these downloads I decided I had to check them out and you guys are not kidding; these are full of useful information.
I watched the downloads and I think it will take a while to comprehend all of it.
I will say that there is some incredibly good stuff here. Just the idea of doing all the routines standing is impressive. After I have digested this more ill be in a better position to discuss this further.
I will say this though; a lot of the sleights with the box I don't believe have ever been done and the box switches caught my attention.
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Are you guys talking about the material by a guy calling himself Allmagicy?
Dude posts mansplainy comments to my YT channel, located my email address, and emailed me a solicitation for some Okito material. Didn't introduce himself. I wrote back asking his name; no reply.

Noticed on the site at the bottom; his name is Burke(?) but I think that's since been removed from the site. Wasn't sure if dude is just into being anonymous/mysterious, or just has that unique set of social skills many of us magicians possess...

If New User isn't dude, and Chuck isn't shilling, then it sounds pretty awesome and I'll need to check it out! Just the way dude approached seemed kinda from the side.. Whatever tho. Sounds cool. Haven't been excited about coin boxes for decades so maybe I'll check it all out.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes that is him.Some great routines but also some of those routines that are quite often seen with coin box's.[and cards!]
They are the ones that fall into the category of 'I don't know what the magician did just there but it looked strange or clunky or
just not right!''
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Hey Tyler
Did you try contacting him through the contact page of his site?
I have conversed with him in the past about his stuff and have
Had no issue with him not returning a message.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
So this is the not just the same kind of stuff already printed in David Roth's book?
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2016, fonda57 wrote:
So this is the not just the same kind of stuff already printed in David Roth's book?

No this is has all new ideas. It is all done standing so that changes a lot of the handling's.
I found that one of my favorite routines is his "One coin routine" it starts with one coin that travels similarly to any one coin routine.
Each time the coin is placed into the box but it is produced in other places; elbow, under a bag (he starts with the box inside it) on the table, in the bag, etc.
what got me was the box is shown empty just before the box is shown full.
This is not the only one I liked but the more I get into them the more I find I like.

Just like any DVD, eBook, instant download, etc. beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think everyone who downloads this will find quite a bit they will like because there is so much in them.
New User
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of New User
Tyler what do you mean "if New User isn't dude" ?

Has anyone tried any of the routines out on anyone yet?
I was going to try a couple of them but I wasn't totally comfortable yet.
Just a bit more practice first.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito box material (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL