We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Hiding Place for Assistant (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I haven't performed this illusion (Ghost by Adrian Soler) for almost 6 years now mainly due to my search for an ideal deceptive prop to hide my assistant.

I perform mostly in stage settings where there are no wings or backdrops. I am looking for a table or deceptive box where I can conceal my assistant.

I hope the experts can help me on this. I just used my Cube Zag covered in black cloth for it while she was sitting at the back waiting for her cue.

Note: Please don't mind the noisy kids in the background fighting for a seat, LOL!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Send you a PM.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Perhaps an old style set of box style illusion steps (with no back) that as the ghost floats up you have to mount a step or two and when you come back the girl makes her way out of the steps and under the cloth. This would also show under the cloth as you mount the steps.

Blair
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22505 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you could expand your stage setting a little, then there would be more opportunity to have objects on the stage.

I believe it was Tom Palmer or U.F. Grant who used a roll on table for the vanishing girl illusions. She was standing on stage and vanished. Don't know why it could not be used in reverse. Point is, if you have a table on stage for a trick before and after the illusion, then there is no reason to suspect it.

From your video, it looks line you do not have any room for anything. How about just rigging your back drop for the hidden assistant.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
Lou,
Please look carefully at the footage of Adrian Soler again.
Do you understand how the lady vanishes or how his metamorphosis takes off??
If my hint is not clear enough, please pm me and I will guide you.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2423 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Lou, I think the reality of illusions like this is not in having a method but having a host of methods available you can use in different situations depending on the stage and scale of the performance area. I remember a fake PA speaker on stage that helped with an assistant. There is a BA tunnel, for smaller stages, rolling side tables, covered easels, many different things. It's a matter of having many workable option and then selecting the best one for each venue.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Hiding Place for Assistant (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL