The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Killer Key by Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Beautiful routine and story Mike, thank you for sharing.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I forgot to mention possible alternatives for that quicky above.

Sometimes the key appears in the hand, vanishes again leaving the nickel in my hand, and the key is found a moment later up on the bar, on my keyring that I had taken out of my pocket before I started.

Sometimes I do it just as it's outlined above, but then go into a "do as I do" thing, where the spectator and I both start with a key, a nickel, and a button. The spectator never seems to have what she's "supposed" to have at the end.

I really like the Killer Key gimmick. Jay has had some questionable products hit lately, but KK is one of his simplest and best offerings to date, IMHO.

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Good one again Mike, I like it.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Watch the Sankey Killer Key DVD at your own risk. While a great effect, he hits his corniest, I only watched the video once years ago and I still have horrible flashbacks of Jay looking into the camera and saying "Killa Key Killa Key Killa Key Killa Key."

But a great effect.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Super Glue is likely the actual reason the gimmick can break apart upon dropping to the floor.

If it happens again, roughen the surfaces a little bit, and then use a strong *adhesive*. It will be a bit more flexible (relatively speaking to Super Glue, of course), and a fall will not break the glue. JB Weld is another good alternative.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I use a bit of putty. Or a tiny bit of chewing gum. Works great!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Any advice for angle issues? I have my own ways of dealing with them (curling fingers a tad, etc) but was wondering if there were any others.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Another request for advice! I don't mind Sankey's performance, but any other magicians in here catching heat for going into your pockets in the final phase? I do it exactly as outlined by Sankey and am not sneaky about it at all (I let the spectator know). Although not many ppl say anything, some say "well its quite obvious you switched something in your pocket". I don't have too many effects where I blatantly reach into pockets mid-effect except for something like Petty's CHOP and this is precisely the reason. BTW Mike .. nice alternative on presentation. Did it the other night and love the flow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Killer Key by Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL