The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Brook - NetWorker (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
I'm late to this party, but have to agree with everything said. A quality product into which so much thought has gone. The levels of subtlety are great and it makes it a very flexible tool. I can see that purchasing multiple packs could lead to world domination ;-) - but that is out of my budget at the moment! I've done a detailed review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2016/10/0......-review/
http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
FelixKraus
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of FelixKraus
Late to the party. Is it still available?
philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
Smile Yes. I'm not sure where you are based, but Murphys distribute it so it should be widely available. If you're in the UK then my review has a link to purchase through. Other dealers are available of course Smile
http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Or order it via the link that Paul has in his signature: http://www.heknows.co.uk/shop/networker-deck/
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2114 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Love Paul Brook's Networker deck (I love decks that are not "decks")

Here is my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KVcFMFY2W8

Hope it can answer some last minute questions for anyone that still has not picked up this gem! THANKS PAUL!
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
QUESTION: Since business cards get dirty and beat up, does this come with a PDF to reprint new replacement cards?
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
They are really sturdy and high quality business cards. I don't know if Paul offers some kind of refill option for people who already bought one deck, but they should last you a long time. And if you use them regularly, you probably do anyways to get business with it, so I wouldn't worry about spending 35 GBP every few months if it helps you to get gigs.

Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, cbguy wrote:
QUESTION: Since business cards get dirty and beat up, does this come with a PDF to reprint new replacement cards?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3603 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Also I think it would probably cost more to reprint them yourself than it costs to buy a set from Paul.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12057 Posts

Profile of John C
Also they come in a nice hard plastic case. Or you could put them in your own case.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2114 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
And then combine this routine with THE ULTIMATE NETWORKING TOOL from Jeff Kaylor and Anton James
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2364 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Interesting there is no demo and one review, without a demo. Or at least, I did not see one.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, The Baldini wrote:
Interesting there is no demo and one review, without a demo. Or at least, I did not see one.

I wish I had thought about the demo video side of things earlier in the year.

I was lecturing at MINDS3 in the UK and during each break I was manning a stand selling my items and pretty much non-stop demonstrated the 'NetWorker Deck' over the two days I was there. If I had had the forethought I would have had one of the guys film it for me.

Saying this I think I recall seeing Lee Smith post a video using the 'NetWorker Deck' as part of another routine. I'm hoping Lee will see this and point you towards the link.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

NEW - Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

Ask Paul Podcast A mentalism and magic podcast where you control the content Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, cbguy wrote:

There's no PDF artwork to reprint these. It would cost you more than the price of the deck to have 30 single card short-runs printed and then 15 of them to be machine cut shorter. This project was only made viable due to the large order I placed.

I think that the price tag for the 'NetWorker Deck' is pretty fair considering I've been using the same deck now for well over half a year and it's still going strong.

For a while I did play with the idea of offering replacements, but to be honest if one card has been used to the point of extinction then there's a good chance other cards may need to be replaced soon, so why not grab a new deck? If a single card accidentally gets damaged (rather than worn out) then grabbing a new deck enables you to replace the damaged card and have a bank of replacements ready to trade in as and when needed.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

NEW - Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

Ask Paul Podcast A mentalism and magic podcast where you control the content Smile
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2114 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Just noticed that these are a European size for business cards, American cards are longer and thinner - also the force card is also a European Address. If this ever goes into reprint I'd love to see an American version of this for those of us who don't travel abroad.
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
I am interested in ordering this please would you let me know if there is a video performance using the Networker deck?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12057 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2017, MagicDamo wrote:
I am interested in ordering this please would you let me know if there is a video performance using the Networker deck?

Please read the thread
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
I just started playing around with these and echo all the praise. I am very interested to hear what people are drawing on the backs of the cards. If you are uneasy about posting in this forum, please PM me and share your ideas.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1137 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I do a version of an old Danny Garcia effect where the back of each card has various objects listed on it. A sort of visualization test. They “freely” pick a business card and think of one the objects on it. A second person thinks of a person and I ask them to associate with a famous figure. (If you own this you will know)
In an apparent show of process I figure out both the object and the person.
Simple, fast, direct and with 2 reveals. Never fails to get great reactions.
This is typically the second effect I perform in walkaround.
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
Thanks DynaMix. What's the name of the Garcia effect so I can look it up? I have three of the decks (they were on sale recently), so for the first one I used Oblique Strategies by Brian Eno (http://stoney.sb.org/eno/oblique.html), and say that when I get someone's business card I always ask them to write a piece of advice on the back that I can give to my students (I'm a high school teacher). I will use this effect when a student is stuck in their work.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1137 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I don't think it has a title but it’s on his penguin lecture. I’ll send you a PM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Brook - NetWorker (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL