The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Amazing Memory Test by Corinda (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
Thank you guys. Now I have my own 100 peg list.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2018, Jerry wrote:
Steven, even when you go to Paralabs website they tell you nothing about the cards (how many, features).
Just - "The perfect cards for Depicting Thoughts".

The pictures look like public domain images.
Does is follow any major peg system?

I have their ESP cards, the quality was pretty low. Cheap cardboard, not playing card material. So I believe this set will be the same.
Very reluctant to get this.

It does not follow any peg system that I'm aware of. The images are illustrations of common everyday objects that were created specifically for these cards. As to the quality, they are heavy cardboard stock, but I wouldn't call them cheap. Yes, they do not handle AT ALL like playing cards, which is a virtue. When using these, you aren't going to shuffle or handle them in any way reminiscent of playing cards. They have a very different "feel"--both physically and psychologically.

If you have any reservations at all, then by all means take a hard pass. I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just pointing out something that has worked out very well for me and was sharing the info with others that may be in a similar place on their journey.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Blimey...the picture cards and esp cards ARENT playing cards...they last very well indeed...

The cards aren't for a boozy night out...
I've asked to be banned
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
IAIN - I have different results with card stock here in Florida.
And I don't booze it up when using cards.

ESP decks such as Beyond3 are excellent examples of what is possible.

I have search for flash cards based on a standard peg (IE Harry Lorayne), but have been unsuccessful.

Anyone have better results.
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, Steven Keyl wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2018, Jerry wrote:
Steven, even when you go to Paralabs website they tell you nothing about the cards (how many, features).
Just - "The perfect cards for Depicting Thoughts".

The pictures look like public domain images.
Does is follow any major peg system?

I have their ESP cards, the quality was pretty low. Cheap cardboard, not playing card material. So I believe this set will be the same.
Very reluctant to get this.

It does not follow any peg system that I'm aware of. The images are illustrations of common everyday objects that were created specifically for these cards. As to the quality, they are heavy cardboard stock, but I wouldn't call them cheap. Yes, they do not handle AT ALL like playing cards, which is a virtue. When using these, you aren't going to shuffle or handle them in any way reminiscent of playing cards. They have a very different "feel"--both physically and psychologically.

If you have any reservations at all, then by all means take a hard pass. I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just pointing out something that has worked out very well for me and was sharing the info with others that may be in a similar place on their journey.

I can't seem to find the cards on the Paralabs site, where is this available?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Go here:

https://www.paralabs-shop.com/en/picture......abs.html

If get them, please tell what you think.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Amazing Memory Test by Corinda (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL