The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Daryl's Rare Books Now Available Again! (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
We are incredibly proud to be able to offer Secrets of a Puerto Rican Gambler and For Your Entertainment Pleasure. Written by Stephen Minch and long unavailable, you can now get them, individually or as a Deluxe Set, in their beautiful, new, redesigned format.

Secrets of a Puerto Rican Gambler encapsulates not only some of world champion Daryl's finest work, but also some of the most influential material of the 1980s. Here we see Daryl's now legendary Cutting Display for Triumph, his stunning, perfect "Mysterious Cross of India" Coins Across, and "The Boomerang Card of Mystery." There are also some forgotten gems, waiting to be resurrected from the early 80s and introduced to a new audience. "In the Pinch" allows you to snatch a selection from a cascading pack of cards. You will also find Daryl's touches on Twisting the Aces, an impossible card location, and more.

This is Daryl's rarest and most acclaimed work, and we're thrilled to present this updated reprint to fans worldwide. In addition to a sparkling new edit and layout, there are more than double the original photographs. Also included is a bonus routine not found in the original book but created during the same time period: Daryl's astounding "Double Dazzling Triumph."

- Papa Rabbit Hits the Big Time
- The Boomerang Card of Mystery
- The Chicago Conspiracy
- Quick Silver
- Holding On
- The Puerto Rican Triumph
- The Mysterious Cross of India
- In the Pinch
- Just Tweezing
- Conditional Assembly
- Twisted Aces Redivivus
- Double Dazzling Triumph

Originally published in 1982, For Your Entertainment Pleasure helped set the tone for what card magic would look like in the Eighties, and beyond.

FISM Champion Daryl, "The Magician's Magician", detailed some of his finest original material here for the first time. There are classics like the Rising Crime Display, Daryl's Snowshoe Sandwich, and his sponge ball routine, all of which foreshadowed much of today's magic. There are also forgotten gems here, like Daryl's Coin Across and an astounding prediction effect using the four Aces.

- The High-Priced Spread
- Rising Crime
- Future Acethetics
- Sleightly Touched
- Twogether Again
- The Coinditional Coin Game
- The Out-of-Body Experience
- The Snowshoe Sandwich
- Psychological Ace Assembly
- Papa Rabbit Hits the Big Time

The Daryl Deluxe Edition is a stunning, limited slipcase edition that includes both For Your Entertainment Pleasure and Secrets of a Puerto Rican Gambler.

Both books are leatherette bound with gold foil printing, and housed inside a leatherette slipcase for bookcase display. Each book is hand-signed and numbered by Daryl, and the edition is strictly limited to 250 units. NO MORE DELUXE BOOKS WILL EVER BE PRINTED.

Our deluxe editions are known for their quality and beauty, and the deluxe editions of Blomberg Laboratories and The Definitive Sankey sold out within an hour of publication. Yet we still get inquiries about these deluxe editions every week. What's more, our deluxe editions sell on the second-hand market for three times the retail price, just a few years after they sold out. Our advice is that if you collect deluxe editions or value these titles, order right away.

We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Yeah I know bought them at bkackpool but some of the stuffs quite difficulkt to do. Like them and will keep them definbitely
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Just purchased the deluxe edition, I am very excited. Daryl is one of the people who inspired me to become a magician.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
These are great books. I have the originals from the eighties but am tempted to get these new editions, too.

Robert
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Daryl mentions in the trailer that someone recently paid $600 on Ebay for the original two saddle stitched books. Can you imagine the forehead slap that he or she is doing now?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2016, Robert M wrote:
These are great books. I have the originals from the eighties but am tempted to get these new editions, too.

Robert
I do and did.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Ordered. Probably the first great magician I ever saw live. I was blown away and still remember it to this day. Ps. Check out Ben Seidman's version of Daryl's coins across. Even though I knew the method, he fooled the pants off me. Made me remember how great Daryl's routine is.
Nosslrak
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Nosslrak
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Daryl mentions in the trailer that someone recently paid $600 on Ebay for the original two saddle stitched books. Can you imagine the forehead slap that he or she is doing now?

Not really, if you're a collector you will of course want to own the originals. However $600 seems a bit much IMO.
Nosslrak
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Nosslrak
The deluxe edition should have had a dust jacket, now it feels naked... I think I will go for the standard version.

FYI If you buy the books directly from Daryl.net you can apparently get them autographed.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Check out Ben Seidman's version of Daryl's coins across.

Where?
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I could tell yo but I'd have to kill you August 2015 issue of magic mag but don't worry I won't really kill you mate ha ha, I got all the magics from the last year and looked it up and it the same routine but no extra coin and last one is a bit differnt, worth getting a back copy of it I think
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, Nosslrak wrote:
The deluxe edition should have had a dust jacket, now it feels naked... I think I will go for the standard version.

FYI If you buy the books directly from Daryl.net you can apparently get them autographed.
While I purchased the standard versions,
the covers on the deluxe additions are much more elegant. The covers on the standard versions have more of a stock/clip-art feel to them.
Not what I would of expected, but that's a small thing.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, Nosslrak wrote:

Both deluxe books are leatherette bound with gold foil printing, and housed inside a leatherette slipcase for bookcase display.
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Gray
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Gray
I love those covers, who made it?
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Fantastic books by a fantastic performer.

Will never forget the 1st time I met Daryl at a lecture so many years ago.

He signed a copy of "The Magic Hedonists BRAINSTORM IN THE BAHAMAS " for me with "To Mike the TNT Man". It made me feel great.

Great magician & a great guy.

Mike Donoghue
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What I was surprised to see in Daryl's original card book, is that he explains a stand up version and sit down version of his card effects.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
What I was surprised to see in Daryl's original card book, is that he explains a stand up version and sit down version of his card effects.

That's brilliant. I like it.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Both these books are gold. It's great to see them again. They were game changers decades ago, and are game changers today, too.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Lukacs
View Profile
New user
North Huntingdon, PA
3 Posts

Profile of Lukacs
I took in my first Daryl DVD two weeks ago - Essentials In Magic - The Invisible Deck. After watching it, I emailed Daryl through his website to thank him for doing such a great job with the DVD and for thoroughly covering the topic. Daryl was very responsive and kind. Last week, I watched Essentials In Magic - The Stripper Deck. Again, I was impressed, because his DVD helped me revisit a topic I hadn't thought much about since my youth. This week, I learned of the release of these modern classics and the timing was right! I am eager to have Daryl sign copies.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
It's a nice to include some bonus material in these books. Some of these routines many not be so easily found.
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Daryl's Rare Books Now Available Again! (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL