The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » That time of year again, advice needed, Psy Touches & Mind Control (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

russellajallen
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of russellajallen
Hi Guys, the next few paragraphs I'm just waffling about my general experience - skip it if you want to get to the question

I perform once maybe twice a year at most, for a particular friends party - he puts on a mini festival for about 50-60 people, and a few years ago I mentioned I dabbled in this and he said he'd like me to perform.

Even though I hardly ever perform I can't emphasise enough the amount of work I put into my performances - I take it very seriously, and would one day love the confidence to perform more often - the last show I did I worked on for around 6 months, reading/watching whatever I can get my hands on. Every year I go down really well - and feel I have to step up my game each time - my set usually lasts about 45mins, which I know is jumping in the deep end but I manage it with all the practice I put in.

MY QUESTION IS THIS;

The theme this year is something along the lines of people being capable of more than they can imagine, and I'd like to have a section of where I connect two people

I'd like to include - touching participant 1 (P1) on the shoulder, and participant 2 (P2) feeling it

I'd also like to make use of Mind Control by Peter Nardi - however I have an idea of getting P1 to focus on a selected card in an attempt to get p2 to open the deck at the same card, they both name the card and they match - as a kicker here, it's revelaed that P2's deck is actually blank and what they were seeing was being projected by p1

I'd certainly like to include those 2. However I think for pacing etc it needs 3 phases - I'm trying to decide whether to do an arm or nose touch, maybe swapping who actually gets touched and who feels it, one drinks vinegar and tastes cola, as that's what the other participant is tasting, one smells a real rose, one smells rose from a paper rose, (I like these as there's three senses being influenced here, Touch, Sight and Taste/smell)

I'm confident I can achieve all of the above, however I cant make a decision of which to use and in what order - part of me wants to end on Mind Control, as it has the added kicker - however if this is perceived as potentially a card trick, it might be best to start with that one.

Just an added note I perform as a mentalist not a magician, I'm not against using playing cards as you can see, but I use them sparingly this would more than likely be the only section in the show with cards featured.

Thanks in advance - I take all of your advice on board and appreciate the time you guys take to answer these kind for questions. I imagine there are many people who get frustrated with us hobbyists but I do take it very seriously. I know the problem is as I rarely perform I lack the time to try all of the above out in a different order in order to get what feel right.

All the Best
Russell
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
390 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
First thing that pops into my mind is this:

http://bridge.pygmalioneffects.com/
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=303

I performed this many times and as far as I'm concerned, it's as strong as it gets.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » That time of year again, advice needed, Psy Touches & Mind Control (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL