The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for Plans for a Sword Box Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PalmanZindeno
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of PalmanZindeno
Hello,

I have been doing a lot of research and looking for a solid plan for a sword box illusion.
Recently I bought "Where is that Gal" e-plans from Illusion Systems. Great illusion, however its not quite what I am looking for.

Ideally, it would be an illusion that can be performed in the round and with guest involvement. A great example would be "Hans Moretti Cardboard box illusion" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH-PFecys6Y
I do not want to copy him,or even use cardboard.. but the idea of guests coming to the stage, walking around the box, and helping is a big win.

Do you know of any plans to make one of these?
Or can you help me work threw the concept of these so I can design my own?
I should also add, that I am not a wealthy illusionist in the least, just love to perform on stage and inspire people to smile!

Thank you for any direction or thoughts on the topic.
:)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If the financial expense is a concern, then forget about illusions. Even building yourself, will be very expensive, have you been to the lumber yard and seen the price of wood.

Here is the plans for the Sword Cabinet.

http://hamiltonholtinc.stores.yahoo.net/swordcabinet.html

Most Sword Cabinets can be done surrounded, as the assistant is fully enclosed in the box. The only requirement, is that the magician has to insert the swords, not an audience member.

If you have a workshop, then you can make it yourself.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Perhaps Andrew Mayne's "Voodoo Box" might suit your needs.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
illusiontech
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
210 Posts

Profile of illusiontech
Quite honestly, this illusion is the best audience participation sword box, but you must buy it from Zaney Blaney.

http://www.walterblaney.com/illusions/greatescape.html

--Vinny
David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
93 Posts

Profile of David_N
Hi Palman,

Bill is quite right in stating that illusions are pricy so perhaps you should not be so fast do dismiss the Cardboard Box Illusion.

Paul Osborne has reprinted the classic U.F. Grant 'Victory Carton Illusions', which contains amongst other things a sword box carton.

A more detailed set of instructions can be found on www.magiccastleplans.com/illusion-Plans.php

I have seen headline illusionists with big, expensive acts use this prop very effectively and with great audience reaction. It will require extensive rehearsal for safety reasons but so long as you are not emerging as a clown at the climax of the routine I see no reason why you should not do it.
PalmanZindeno
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of PalmanZindeno
Hello all,

Thank you for the FANTASTIC links and ideas.

Bill Hegbli - Thanks for the link. I have bought plans from that site in the past, however found the plans to be not so good. They illustrate the gimmick / trick well, but the quality and how to make it, materials needed and such I found lacking. But that's just me.

Donald Dunphy - Thanks for the name. I ordered that book and his Sword Basket book. Both look like inexpensive guides and I like how the blueprints show how to make it and give you a materials list for planing.

illusiontech - I agree that Zaney Blaney sword box looks stellar, however the 9k price tag is a bit out of my budget for now...

David_N - Hmmm.. you are right, the Cardboard Box Illusion could still have a big effect, I will have to give it a go and see.
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, PalmanZindeno wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you for the FANTASTIC links and ideas.

Bill Hegbli - Thanks for the link. I have bought plans from that site in the past, however found the plans to be not so good. They illustrate the gimmick / trick well, but the quality and how to make it, materials needed and such I found lacking. But that's just me.

Donald Dunphy - Thanks for the name. I ordered that book and his Sword Basket book. Both look like inexpensive guides and I like how the blueprints show how to make it and give you a materials list for planing.

illusiontech - I agree that Zaney Blaney sword box looks stellar, however the 9k price tag is a bit out of my budget for now...

David_N - Hmmm.. you are right, the Cardboard Box Illusion could still have a big effect, I will have to give it a go and see.

Here in the UK, magician Shahid Malik made his career out of the Cardboard Sword Box:

Never underestimate the simplicity of that illusion. It packs small, but plays big!
john magic wright
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of john magic wright
Owens Magic has a set of books keep the wheels turning those books have hundreds of plans for allusions and the sword boxes among them they’re not cheap but at the same time you’re getting a collectors item book or I should say books with great magic and illusions I built a sword box from his plans many years ago it was fantastic the trick now is to find a copy of the books keep the wheels turning
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for Plans for a Sword Box Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL