The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pass Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Indus
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Indus
I have spent time over the last few months learning the pass. And now I finally feel I have it up to performance standards. I do use it in pick a card tricks, but I was wondering what everyone's favourite trick using the pass is, because I'm keen to put it to use now.

Cheers in advance.
"A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimension."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Any "pass" effect that doesn't involve controlling a selected card. Smile

There is a lovely Roy Walton effect in Paul Wilson's "Knock 'em Dead" lecture notes.

Paul.
http://www.PH-Marketing-magic.co.uk
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Kaufman has a nice little routine known as th covorting aces, its a decent one in my opinion but you have to be really fast with a riffle pass.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I use it in my ambitious card routine. I have the ambitious card pushed into the face down deck, face up by the spectator, and perform a riffle pass, explaining that all I need to do is riffle the cards and their card seems to move higher into the deck. I do this several times and then say "Now don't blonk or you'll miss..." which is where I perform the riffle pass "...the card coming right to the top".

Works well.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
gmartins
View Profile
New user
Portugal
88 Posts

Profile of gmartins
In card college, in the section of the pass there are some tricks with it.
Using it in the ambitious card with the face up I think it's great. I don't do it that well, so I'll have to keep practicing! Smile
Gonçalo Martins
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
R4bid:

"Cavorting Aces" isn't Richard Kaufman's routine. It was first put into print by Jacob Daley in Stars Of Magic. Also, it does not necessitate a riffle pass, fast or otherwise, or any variant of the classic pass. In fact, it was originally written up as using a Herrmann pass, and that's how most magicians still perform the trick.

Ben Blau
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
To Ben:

Thanks for the information Ben. I have kaufman's on the pass and remember him doing it on the tape, I should have rewatched that part before posting, he does infact give credit to someone else.
As for using a riffle pass, as you said it is not at all necessary but I personally like the riffle sound so thats how I do it.

------------------------------------
To Indus:

TRRTCM has some decent pass tricks as well, you might want to check that out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pass Tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL