The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Book Of Champions by Jacob Smith (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
If you're looking for a truly powerful, fresh and astounding take on a classic then you're at the right place.

Imagine a book test that looks like it has to use some kind of special book, complex preshow or special gimmick with none of the above.

With this book test you will truly be able to pick up any book, have you participant open to a FULL page of text and even have them change their minds from words on the page.

Even after changing their minds multiple times and agreeing that it's impossible for you to know anything about what they are thinking, you know their word they settle on...

Here is the kicker...

You now also know facts about the words they almost thought of and can even recall their mental journey!

They are astonished!

NO SPECIAL BOOKS! (though it is optional)
NO TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIRED!
NO PEEKS (though you can use it with similar methods)
NO PRESHOW
NO SET UP (variations vary)
NO FRIGG'N IDEA FROM ANYONE'S PERSPECTIVE HOW IT COULD BE POSSIBLE!

Just under forty minutes of in-depth training and ideas that you WILL use!

Start looking like the greatest mind reader on the planet, anytime and anywhere today!

P.S. Also included are bonus ideas as well as one special Iphone idea that's guaranteed to be a go to effect that's always on you!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7179

XX,
Jacob
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
What Jacob has done is taken various principles and constructed a beautiful piece of work in the tradition of the classic book test but with a difference! His method allows for the spectator to change their minds a few times before focusing on their final word, of which you of course subsequently reveal – but much better than this, you are also able to tell your spectator the other words they thought of, whilst they were changing their mind. This and much more is taught in this release. His use of mine and Ross Tayler's re-frame principle is just one of the ways Jacob has changed up this old classic.

Not only is Jacob very well read – you may know him from attending pretty much every Penguin live lecture – He knows what makes for great performance and understands the importance of using elegant method, to fool and amaze his audiences.

He gets it!

His careful consideration of what makes mentalism great is also what makes him so great, not only at performing his own routines and effects but also at creating and structuring those effects.

If you like the progressive mentalism of myself and some of my peers then you won't go wrong checking out the Book of Champions by Jacob Smith.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Honest review.
I really enjoyed Jacob's first release with his tossed out drawing duplication. I like it so much that I do it in many of my shows.

Jacobs is becoming known for taking known classic ideas and combining them with other peoples ideas creating good effects. Basically they are beefed up classics. Or, another way to say it is, " ways to get the most out of the classics".

Will this replace your favorite book test? Probably not....I still love my flashback, MOABT, phone book test, and others. That does not mean I do not like this effect. I do believe it might be priced a little to high.......again this is always debatable. The add makes it sound like a whole no amazing booklets. Again, the main method is a classic booklets with some fun/interesting ways to reveal the thought of word.

Will I use this in a show....probably not.....

Will I add this thinking to my impromptu book test? Yea, for sure. I enjoyed his thinking.

Jacob's releases so far make the informed buyer do a face palm and think, "Why didn't I put that together"

So, don't go buy this thinking this is the end all be all on book test....(I don't think Jacob meant for it to be).

Overall....Good thinking, fun way to reveal a word or words and ill use it in casual settings. So I enjoyed it

Blake
Zee
View Profile
Regular user
Leonia, NJ
196 Posts

Profile of Zee
I particularly enjoyed Jacob's DAT Challenge Duplication because it is truly a "standing on a giant" routine(You know what I mean if you have seen it haha). Just like in DAT Challenge Duplication, Book of Champions is a carefully constructed solid routine for working mentalists out there.

It is definitely worth looking into if you are thinking of adding a booktest to your working repertoire. Even if you are already performing booktest , you can always find yourself something from it.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Thank you Blake, Zee and Fraser!!

XX,
-Jacob
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Too many people take effects and routines at face value, only performing them as taught, or at least within the same context. Jacob does a great job of synthesizing available methods, tools and principles, exploring the full extent to which they can applied to the performance of mentalism. As with his previous release, DAT, Jacob has taken familiar ideas, combined and applied them in unique ways. There are several useful subtleties that I will undoubtedly be adding to my performance arsenal.

Also, there's definite value in the additional phone routine. The method and presentation are completely different, and the routine provided is strong on it's own. However, it occurred to me that Jacob's subtleties and method would allow for a stronger and cleaner performance of iCurveball, for those that are familiar with that routine.

On top of all this, Jacob is a really nice and likeable person. I wish him all the best with this release and predict that he's only getting started.

Josh
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I first became of fan of Jacob's work when I purchased his wonderful DAT Challenge Duplication - if you don't have it, why not?

I was looking forward to this new release and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Book of Champions is a beautifully constructed routine which plays really strongly! Not only that but no gaff books of gimmicks and can be done almost impromptu.

As others have said, this may not replace your MOABT routine, but it would fit a alongside any book test you already perform and packs a real punch!

Highly recommended.

Iain.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Thanks Iain and Josh!

It always warms my heart to know something I've put together is making an impact in your phenomenal work.

XX,
Jacob
jeffAwesome
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of jeffAwesome
I was introduced to Jacobs work through his DAT drawing duplication, which is something I started using almost immediately. I love it. When I found out about Book of Champions I jumped at the chance to pick up anything of Jacobs. He's a genuinely nice guy and is willing to talk you through anything you're having issues with.

This was another gem. You may already know a lot of these principles from other releases, but you most likely haven't seen them combined in this way.

This is a journey. Its not a typical presentation about thinking of a word and finding it. There is so much more packed in here. That's my favorite about these releases from Jacob. You get to go through a "process" as you're uncovering the word.

This effect was absolutely worth it for anyone looking for something unique and powerful to add to their shows.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Alex here.

We now come to a release from the guy we all know, and we have seen in almost every Penguin lecture to date. Jakob Smith

Book of Champions is his 2nd release followed by DAT drawing duplication, and it is just my kind of effect to explore and learn from.

You get an explanation video with a performance and Jakob leaves no stone left unturned and tells you what you need to be able to do this.

The thing I like about this book test, is that it is layered, so nobody maybe not even magicians will figure it out, why?

Well most magicians know who Peter Turner and Michael Murray are, but the ones that know who they are, but do not know their work will be fooled by this.

This uses clever subtleties from two of the best minds in magic and mentalism today and both are from the UK.

If you have studied A piece of my Mind, you will know the method for the page that Jakob does, as he is not at liberty to disclose.

If you have studied Peter Turners material, you know it is powerful, and Jakob uses at least 2 clever ploys from Peters publications from the past.

This looks like your standard everyday book test, but is more powerful, because everything seems so fair and free, and in fact it kind of is, but there are certain things that you are limiting to the spectator

but it will not seem like that to them. I like Jakobs clever use of one of Peters principles, as well as the re frame that is just great.

This is a book test to study, because it has multiple layers, and you can also divine more than one thing as well.

I will be using this, and its one of those, Why didn't I think of that, moments I had when learning this.

Good job Jakob

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Some great reviews above. Did any them pay for their copies?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm glad you're enjoying Book Of Champions and the IPhone Effect.

Sean Giles, some have paid and others have not because I ran it by then to check originality.

In my review show I'm sent things quite often, but I still give my honest two cents and ONLY if I like the product. Reason I say this is, I haven't buttered these folks up, I've simply asked them to give some thoughts and to be honest. I understand if you're hesitant to pick this up, I would be too, but a review is a review and according to everyone else this is something that I should be proud of.

XX,
Jacob
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Some great reviews above. Did any them pay for their copies?

Brilliant! Smile

Kieran
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Sean,

I paid for my copy.

Although I know Jacob, I didn't mine shelling out $25.00 for this if this is something that I will use.

So much, that I just did it on my brother in law, with 2 borrowed books, and he had already seen me do my rendition of the Hoy book test, then I told him that I had something new and different to offer.
He loved it.

He still cant figure out how I guessed not only his thought of word, but also one that he thought of earlier.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Ben_cardall
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Ben_cardall
I don't really do a lot of book tests because they have never really appealed to me, at all but this is something that I really really enjoyed. fresh take on something bold and brilliant! I will definitely be using this! thanks for releasing this jacob!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Thank you for the kind words!

Ben mentioned he tested it on his lady friend as well as live and it passed both hallowed tests!

XX,
Jacob
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Some words from Pablo Amira...

"The Book Of Champions by Jacob Smith is a great combination of classic methods and fresh new principles of modern mentalism, all together in a credible piece of mindreading.

Some book tests are really word test, but this one is a roller coaster of apparent spontaneous mind-to-mind connection and fun moments for your participant."

Thanks Pablo!

XX
Jacob
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Hey everyone.

So this is my feedback.

I would say Jacob's idea is fairly similar to Canastos by my friend Ulrich (and some ideas P. Turner has shared in the past regarding book tests).

So, in few words, I would recommend it only to those that don't already own Canastos by Ulrich or Peter Turner's contributions on this subject.

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Canast......PDF.html

It's a very neat idea for those that want to do it in an impromptu way.

I wrote 2 years ago an approach for book tests, which requires no special books or forcing. While it's not so "impromptu", it can be done on the spot and it gets the job done with any borrowed book. For those who may want to check it out, The Eyes of Wisdom: http://andreumind06.wix.com/legion#!eyes-of-wisdom/dc7ez

Cheers,

Andreu
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Hi Andreu:

I sold Canastos (and I offer some ideas on that eBook) and I must say that although similar in the first procedure, they achieve different results.
Canastos was an Homage to Chan Canasta, a version of his famous book test. It was more aimed as prediction.

Book Of Champions is a mindreading piece that offers several modern techniques to know thoughts and process of thoughts.

Keep the good creative work Jacob!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Thanks gents,

Really appreciate all your support!

XX
Jacob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Book Of Champions by Jacob Smith (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL