The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mr. Golden Balls by Ken Dyne (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
The colored balls are perfect . If they could produce the gold ones the same way as colored ones that'll be so great ... is a gold core ball that hard to produce ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2017, Legendary Wizard wrote:
The colored balls are perfect . If they could produce the gold ones the same way as colored ones that'll be so great ... is a gold core ball that hard to produce ?

I would guess - yes

As the other colours could easily be part of mini snooker sets

Which don't have the colour gold in them

So the gold one might be the only one that needs to be specially made and not bought from runs made for snooker sets

Maybe
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Update on customer service . So far , I'm satisfied , really . Without hesitation , they noted me that they'll instead send 3 gold balls for me for replacement . NOW that's good service , I'm pleased , just two days and I think I'm fully taken care of . Now the last step is to wait for replacement it to arrive , when it comes , I'll let you guys know again about the quality . Thank you Ken and Eddy .

- Albert Einstein
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 21, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2017, Legendary Wizard wrote:

I would guess - yes

As the other colours could easily be part of mini snooker sets

Which don't have the colour gold in them

So the gold one might be the only one that needs to be specially made and not bought from runs made for snooker sets

Maybe

Well , that does make sense actually . Thanks for the input .

- Albert Einstein
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Hi boys and girls,

Just picking up on this thread now. To give you some clarity and answers:

The balls are being produced for me in a custom size for the routine using custom molds in a pool ball factory.

However, the factory informed me that it is not possible to produce Gold balls this was as metallic finish resin doesn't work. So those had to be produced in black and then painted. 3 layers of gold paint followed by a varnish.

The samples I was sent were perfect and so after agreeing on everything we went into production.

I have had a small handful of people contact Eddy in my office to say that their gold balls arrived scratched or chipped. Which I don't find acceptable. So I am in talks with the producers of the balls to get thicker varnish, and perhaps a 2nd layer of varnish on them so they arrive with you in the best condition.

Regarding speed of fulfilment, this is something I have been working on, as you know I perform full time and am on the road either performing or lecturing, or attending conventions, seeing friends etc etc so I last week our new fulfilment system went live and all orders are being fulfilled by someone else in my office every single day. So dispatch will be quicker than ever.

Add to that, Eddy is here for support issues, questions etc.

I'm taking customer support very very seriously indeed and doing all I can to step things up because I appreciate your support and really want to continue sharing my ideas with you.

That all said, post has been taking up to 30 days to arrive in the USA. Some people who have bought small booklets are telling me they are arriving 30 days after we shipped them, I wish there was something I could do about that but unfortunately there isn't much.

Thanks again, I hope all of this anwers some questions and shows you a bit more of what is going on here.

- K
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
158 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
Hi Ken

I order yesterday, when will my order be out?
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2017, Kristian Skovbo wrote:
Hi Ken

I order yesterday, when will my order be out?

Hi Kristian, orders are checked at 3pm each day and fulfilled. So if you ordered before 3pm UK time yesterday then it went out yesterday. If it was after 3pm UK time when you placed your order then it will go out today for you.

Thanks again, enjoy!
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

What a surprise . So here's an update . Few month ago I requested for additional golden Balls as the ones I received was scratched . Nothing much was heard since but just yesterday , I got my replacement ! The new Balls looked perfect . No scratches at all , now my set is complete ... finally . Really impressed with the service and product . Thank you Ken Smile

- Albert Einstein
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of rjs
Like Legendary Wizard, I have a similar problem with two of the three golden balls.
Incomplete, inconsistent application of the gold paint.
The coloured balls are fine though.
I bought the Golden Balls set from Ken himself at the recent Newcastle MINDS convention.

I will see if I can now get two golden replacements.

By the way, Robbie, on the facebook group, has streamlined the trick using only two golden balls.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Hi folks - with the new sets of Mr Golden Balls that went on pre-sale globally last night, we've improved the Gold balls.

They were always tricky little blighters because, as I mentioned previously, metallic colours don't work in the resin moulds (according to the factory who make the other colour balls for me).

Even though only a small number of people had issues with the gold balls in the last run, I wasn't happy that some people's balls were getting damaged en route to them. So, we've added a whole extra process to make the gold balls harder wearing this time around. While the cost of doing that is obviously higher, I don't want to pass that cost on to customers so the price is going to be the same.

I've also put together a PDF of some of the routines and presentations I have created and use (existing Mr G customers, you'll find this in the online log in area).

I'm really excited that Mr Golden Balls is available once again - thanks for your support.

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1904 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Ken do you have a video of the live routine? I didn't see one included in this new set. (did I miss it?)
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
efrados
View Profile
New user
Montevideo, Uruguay
93 Posts

Profile of efrados
Sorry to ask this... What is the difference between odd ball 2 from marc oberon and Mr golden Balls... I know the method is different, I'm interested mostly in the spectator point of view. Are the balls different in size? I like the colors of Mr Golden Balls, I would like to know the difference in the balls and bag and if just the funny presentation worth the investment. Thanks
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
I would like to hear the same, preferably from someone who has purchased the effect.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, efrados wrote:
Sorry to ask this... What is the difference between odd ball 2 from marc oberon and Mr golden Balls... I know the method is different, I'm interested mostly in the spectator point of view. Are the balls different in size? I like the colors of Mr Golden Balls, I would like to know the difference in the balls and bag and if just the funny presentation worth the investment. Thanks

From a spectatpoint of view I shouldn’t think there will be any difference.
smikey12000
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Hi Magic Orthodoxy
First off thanx for all you do for all of us
Your reviews are a pleasure to watch and glean from
Please continue your great work

Ken Dyne performs his full
Golden Balls routine from start to finish
With explanations
on his Penguin Lecture
It’s a fun comedy filled routine
One might want to mix up the questions a bit
For different types of audiences
I hear though that it would have nice to include a full performance
In the updated project as well
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1014 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I work a lot for corporate and family audiences, so I’d love to see the routine without any of the double entendres or sexual humor. 😎
Make your show FUNNIER with Rindercella & Tim's announcements cd

Preshow Announcements Sample & INSTANT DOWNLOAD

Rindercella Story

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
smikey12000
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Agreed Tim
Finding interesting entertaining clean appropriate thought provoking
Tell the truth / Lie questions
( enough adjectives there?)
Is a challenge
Takes some thought
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2019, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, efrados wrote:

From a spectatpoint of view I shouldn’t think there will be any difference.

Sorry for the delay, I don't check in here much.

Marc's Odd Ball is a fantastic routine and a great solution to the routine.

In terms of difference, as well as the method being different, the main difference is around the reason the effect of Mr Golden Balls came to being in the first place.

That is the kicker ending, an additional punch in Mr Golden Balls that brings the routine to a nice close and adds an extra surprise to the routine, which is what I was looking for when I came up with it.

Hope that helps.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mr. Golden Balls by Ken Dyne (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL