The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Legacy Contest (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
I don't mean to get too heavy here. But my brother was born unable to walk. If I had superpowers where I could make things levitate I think that I would make him some kind of a sports star.

He would roll up to some pick-up basketball game at the park and convince the guys to let him take a shot then I would control the ball and he would make a full court shot.

He would become a local legend unable to miss a shot from anywhere on the court. News people would come to our home interviewing him about his new found ability.

As a publicity stunt he'd play one-on-one with LeBron James. He'd kick his trash and would then be drafted onto an NBA team.

From the confines of his wheelchair he would then take his team to multiple NBA championships. He would sign lucrative endorsements with Nike, Adidas, Gatorade and Under Armour.

He would throw fun house parties where he'd invite minor celebrities, because the big ones are too snooty.

He'd then retire after marrying a highly sought after young model. They would have many, many, many kids and travel often between their homes in New York, Los Angeles, Prague, Paris and Moscow.
mikehutchinson
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of mikehutchinson
I would lift everyone's spirits...
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My powers must be used for good and to serve mankind.

I must help my home state of California. We are currently experiencing a severe drought. I must levitate a series of icebergs and drop them into reservoirs around the state.

California will be rescued!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
RDeNatale
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of RDeNatale
I would only use my power for good. It would be good to perfect my sleights, for example, being able to levitate the nth card in a deck would make all kinds of moves like double lifts, tilts, top and bottom palms etc. dead easy.

If I were still playing golf I could levitate the ball and always score 18!
JRmagician
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of JRmagician
If I could levitate anything, I would mostly levitate myself so that I could fly. I'd make other people's day amazing by taking them flying. Not too high though, Uncle Sam might think I'm something else.
lejulio
View Profile
New user
Worlwide
56 Posts

Profile of lejulio
I would use my power to levitate my ass every morning in order to not miss my train... great power comes great responsibility...
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
974 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I would levitate my boss out of the door
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
I would levitate a butter. So the butter no longer needs to jump off the roof just to be a butter-fly.
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
JonathanB
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
64 Posts

Profile of JonathanB
I'd levitate all the dust in my house and move out of the door to save doing the vacuuming! Smile
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
It's been years since I've posted on the forum. I'm still proud to be a member. Even though I've been working very hard on my rising DJ career, everyone has been encouraging me to get back into magic. So, here we go.

I once overheard a girl speaking to a bartender about how she'd recently lost someone special in her life. I felt she needed some extra special consolation. I went over to her and explained that I'd heard her comments. I gave my condolences and asked her if I could show her something. I took a napkin an proceeded to tear it up, explaining that sometimes in life things are taken, changed and torn apart. Then as I crumpled the ball up, I told her that this is when we want to hide and shut out the world. Then I had here close her hand around the ball. I told her that even though change is traumatic, we can rely on the love and support of our friends and family. I told her that if we keep the faith, things will always get better. We will always heal. I told her to open her hand and unfold the napkin.

She was amazed that it had become whole again. I said, "See? IF we keep the faith, we can be made whole again." Then I took the napkin and said, "and if we look at things from a different perspective", (I begin to twist up the rose from the napkin) "we can find something beautiful." I handed her the napkin rose. She asked me who I was. I told her, "I'm just a guy." And I walked off, out the door and back into the bustle of the street. I vanished leaving her with a truly inspiring (I hope) experience.

If I had the secrets of Finn John, I'd use them for many tings. However, as the role of the Magician,I believe it is my calling to teach and inspire. To use my gifts and skill to bring mystery, wonder and most importantly hope to people. My message is on of an enduring and positive nature. I hope to inspire and help to make someone, usually a stranger's day just a bit better by telling them how much they actually matter in this game of life.

We are all on this big blue marble screaming through space around a gigantic fusion reactor, we need to watch out for each other. I mean, we are all in this together after all.

So, to wrap up. Yes, I'd use the knowledge to entertain the the usual manner, but I'd also have a bit more "up my sleeve" when the time comes to truly inspire, heal and give hope.
If One can levitate and move objects (or obstacles) with one's mind, then anyone can do anything they want. It is a metaphor for the innate ability for all of us to remove our self imposed obstacles and achieve our dreams.

So, yeah, that's my bit. If I win, I win. If I don't, I hope that the knowledge goes where it has been destined to go.

All the best.

Midnight
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
I would levitate the most benign and off-the-wall thing I can think of: closing the Velcro straps on my grandfather's orthopedic shoes!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Depends on the weight and mass limits, doesn't it? Most speculations, theories, and "demonstrations" theorize a very light weight.

So I would levitate levitation itself.

*jeep! and God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
I would raise all the furniture in my living room a few feet to make vacuuming easier.

Oh, and trying to solve world hunger and helping orphans or something.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1082 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I would levitate myself up to heaven to see my Great Great Grandmother and stepdad, Tom. I miss talking to them a lot! Tom did an awesome card trick, that I refuse to try and figure out.... it inspired me to do magic and it will forever be a mystery to me.

I would have him perform it again for me and my Grandma. After all the hugs and happy tears of course.
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
I'd invente a pill called "LEVITAGRA". It would be a one shot cure. "give your love the power to rise the death out of your pants!"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I would levitate my "Balls" !

Or, my Girlfriends' Breasts' ...

Also, wanted to levitate this thread back to top page on this forum ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
936 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Only a couple more days to post here for your chance to win a FREE copy of Legacy guys!

Good luck out there...
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I'll levitate air , maybe birds , you know , or planes . Oh yea and hot air balloons seem to be good too .

Nah ~ Levitation skills ...

I haz dem ~
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
takel
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of takel
My self and I Smile
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
I would levitate myself so I wouldn't have to drive anywhere.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Legacy Contest (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL