The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fun thread time - remote viewing (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'll send the most accurate attempt a little gift (i can't say prize cos you might find it of zero value)...

i bought myself a new lamp last week, its on my bedside table next to some books, a pen, some post-it notes and a tarot deck and a bowler hat with a lightbulb sticking out of it...

what is the lamp and what does it do that I didn't know it did?

its on right now...

answer in a few days if anyone gives it a go...

GO!
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1574 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Energy saving bulb that changes color intermittently.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3494 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I'm seeing something that has seems almost like stained glass, a number of colors together, warm colors. Is this the lampshade? I don't know if it's actually glass.... Is the base of the lamp a slightly unusual shape? Like it looks like something... Is there some velvet nearby? Dark red or purple maybe? Maybe sitting on a surface not too far from the lamp.

What does the lamp do.... I'm seeing moving colors, almost like a lava lamp, but not really a lava lamp. Something about the light changing... not sure if it's the colors though...
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Good man Iain, As far as I can tell the lamp is not just used for illumination. I think it is quite oldy worldy and it's secondary use is slightly esoteric. I'm picking up a strange vibration...hmmm hopefully that's not it....no, wait, yes, I get the sense that this lamp is particularly useful for knocking over glasses of water as it's center of gravity is quite high and it topples extremely easily. Hence the lack of glasses of water that you failed to mention in your initial description.
Also there is a lack of mention of a phone charger so maybe the lamp does that too...
Dangerous thing really, I think you should get rid of it.

Best, Séa
I love post its Smile
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
390 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
It wishes you good night/good morning and can tell you how many minutes you slept.
Either that or it counts your farts Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2016, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
It wishes you good night/good morning and can tell you how many minutes you slept.
Either that or it counts your farts Smile

i've always assumed that's what you are doing in your avatar piccie...someone's just laid an egg and the eyes say "they must pay!"... Smile
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It also sounds like an obsessive girlfriend... Smile
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
390 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Smile
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Obviously it is a church and it can ring a bell.
Mifune
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
261 Posts

Profile of Mifune
It has a head shape and when you touch a metalic part, the lamp changes its intensity. Thanks for the fun.
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
It can make designed or patterned shadows.

It is something antique, maybe.
I write and edit text.
John Arcanum
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of John Arcanum
Well I'm not really psychic you know, but sometimes when I close my eyes I can see..hmmm...

I see two circular shapes. One seems thin and smooth, it feels almost like a half sphere in shape. The other is quite a bit thicker and contains some sort of extension within its center. The shade I believe is completely opaque around the bulb, as if it were meant to concentrate the light in a certain direction. This is clearly a lamp for reading, perhaps writing, and protecting your toes in the wee night hours. I get the feeling that in the future this illuminating ally will serve you well in recording your dreams, inspirations, and creative thoughts. I sense surprise, as if you are unsure of what just happened. Did it just get brighter in here? Wait...the bulb blew already? Is the lamp defective? At least it looks nice...oh..it's one of those touch sensitive lamps that comes on every time you stumble into your room after a night of sharing imaginative space with strangers while under possession through Spirit imbibement..Does Brandy mean anything to you?...
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3494 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
false_awakening
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of false_awakening
The lamp is a plasma globe. You didn't know that it would light the bulb attached to the bowler hat via proximity, without an apparent power source.

There is something dark gold about this too; an aged patina, and/or an implied question - "how long can it last?"
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
187 Posts

Profile of aheads
I think it's a globe and it also spins.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
oliverho
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of oliverho
I think the lamp could have a need for others to like it, yet it tends to be critical of itself. At times it can be outgoing and gregarious, while at others it's more introverted, reserved...
Briz
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Briz
I have a strong feeling your lamp has an option to play music. You didn't know this when you got it but now that you do you like it even more. You bought it on a whim, from a shop you don't often go to and it wasn't the only shopping you did that day. The music you play in your room is mainly from your own collection but recently you've been listening to the radio as well. The volume is never on full, just enough to make itself known as you listen mainly in the evening and like to have one ear listening out to the rest of the house.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
There is a design inside the bulb, that glows when bulb is lit.
Like, (District 12) bulb in 'The Hunger Games'.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'll post what it is and what it does, round about this time wednesday evening (uk time)...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2016, Mifune wrote:
It has a head shape and when you touch a metalic part, the lamp changes its intensity. Thanks for the fun.

I don't know what head shape means, but I also vote for touch sensitive.
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fun thread time - remote viewing (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL