We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Decisions by Mozique and Alakazam (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
tomd
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2016, Fero wrote:
Received from alakazam.
Not really my type of trick but the gimmick is good and associated with a mentalism routine can create a nice effect.
I reccomand to not use it by itself... After a while the spectator can be suspicious.
My vote:
7/10

have you road tested this with multiple spectators? I've never encountered anyone who suspects the cards.. I even tested this by simply asking if the card was yes or no over and over, I stripped all the presentation out (Of course with a friend who knows I do magic), and he never asked to see them, and simply assumed I was guessing what he was going to say.

There are presentations on the PDF that really do take all heat away from the cards, even though they are the vital and only prop in the routines. I tweaked one of those in the PDF to suit me, and no one has ever had a clue how I managed to do the trick, it leaves them baffled. And by the time I do the reveal, I have a massive amount of time to do a switch without any misdirection if I really felt they would challenge me.
MindReadingGeek
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of MindReadingGeek
This is a fantastic gimmick. Some responses are laughable. Check out Derren's performance and if you've got the skill and personality you'll pull it off with no trouble.
Regards

Mind Reading Geek
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Just received mine yesterday and I love it. Nice change up from cards. This is so simple and easy to do but I agree you will need to work out your patter. I'm going to use mine throughout a performance maybe pick a few people to think either yes or no and they can even write their answer down. Then throughout the show I will bring to card out and it will match their choice. But I'm having fun with this. Great prop and fun.

Good magic to all,

Eric
haresign
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of haresign
Really love this effect and it doesn't stray far from my side. Harry Lucas presented some excellent idea for routines at MINDS last year. Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4099 Posts

Profile of videoman
Eric, did you get the blank or pre-printed version?
I got the blank version many months ago because I had no idea how I might end up using it. Thought originally I may use it in conjunction with a Which Hand routine but then decided against it (maybe?).
Discovered the trouble with the blank version is similar to getting a SvenPad, there are so many possibilities and I keep changing my mind so often that consequently all these months later the cards still remain blank. I'm afraid to commit I guess. Smile

Kicker is that I am now leaning towards the Yes/No, so could have just gotten that ready to go in the beginning. But of course I still change my mind regularly so that could change again, but seeing this thread again has made me commit to making a commitment once and for all. Perhaps I should just commit to buying a second version.

Love the potential of this though. Some may discount it because it is a simple 50/50 chance, but with a good presentation it can be a very memorable piece.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Hi my friend. Maybe a commit/non - commit choice would be down your alley. Lol just kidding plus the words will be too long. I got the yes/no option. I really like that. The other choice I like is heads/tails. I'm going to use this throughout my show. I'll explain that chance can and does happen. However when does chance become prediction? I will then pick 7 people to help me throughout the show. I will ask them to simply think of yes or no. When I call upon them to stand and simply say yes or no I will then do the routine with the final option of them changing their minds. I will then bring it all together by explaining 1 out of 7 would be chance same as 2,3,4,5 and maybe even 6 out of 7 may be chance but 7 out of 7 has to be something greater than simple chance. I think it keeps it in game and enjoyable. But I really love the simple organic feel of this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Just a little update. I performed this today for a friend I've known for over 40 years. I told him I can know if he thinks of yes or no simply by implanting thoughts into his head by the words I say to him. He said that is a bunch of garbage there is no suggestive thinking translated by words. So onward we went! This was the most fun I've had with him in years. He said "Ok you pu the card down an I'll guess what it is." After 4 attempts with only one correct answer he gave up! This is a lot of fun guys.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Decisions by Mozique and Alakazam (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL