The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Decisions by Mozique and Alakazam (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Twistedace, Yeah that's the one! I think it could work really well with it! Possibly get a blank set and have them say Maybe/ Not Telling. I think it would be wicked!

I've also just put together a jeopardy style routine. Talk about Russian Roulette and how you feel as though you could tell which chamber the bullet has been loaded into just by the body language of someone alone. Have them load it into a chamber in their mind. You also place some money on the table to aid with the danger. You call out a number and have them imagine if that slot in the gun is empty or has the bullet in. Eventually you guess correctly and to prove it, you have a prediction written earlier which proves you knew all along!

Im just loving this little gem! So many great ideas already! Smile

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
He states at the end of the dvd that Alakazam has a bunch of ideas and recommended registering this effect with Alakazam to gain access. I did, but AAthere were no pdfs or videos with any additional routines.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
My copy of Decisions came in the mail today. The gaff/method is simpler than I expected, but simple is good; will still need to practice to get it down. Although the sound in the opening performance part of the DVD is not real good, the teaching and demonstrating part is clear and cogent. The accompanying pdf teaches a good range of possible effects, though the pdf is the 10 year old version that came with Decisions when it first came out ion 2006; still good stuff though. The dvd mentions that some more demos and teaching might be available on the Alakazam website, but so far I have not been able to find and access it.

George
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
So does anyone have this that also had the first version?

If so is it different? Better? Different? Worse?

J
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I have filmed another routine for this and sent it over to Peter. I believe they're filming additional handling at the moment which will most probably be put up in the coming days!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
They did say the website wouldn't have anything for a while until more peoplecontributed. The did itself says to put the disk into the computer for PDFs of the routines. As far as function is concerned, I do not know anything about the previous sets, but the set that I have is extremely smooth and works great.
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2016, John C wrote:
So does anyone have this that also had the first version?

If so is it different? Better? Different? Worse?

J

Not sure if this is useful but they are better made than mine with business cards (-:

I didn't buy the previous version but these ones are great. Very smooth handling and invisible.
I wish they were selling refills
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:

Not sure if this is useful but they are better made than mine with business cards (-:

Speaking of business cards, it would be great if they could somehow make these in business card size that you could then stick onto the back of your business card.
Just seems like a more natural thing you would write something on the back of.
Never owned this gimmick but I assume you couldn't trim these to fit.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I ordered from Alakazam
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2016, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Speaking of business cards, it would be great if they could somehow make these in business card size that you could then stick onto the back of your business card.
Just seems like a more natural thing you would write something on the back of.
Never owned this gimmick but I assume you couldn't trim these to fit.

Agreed but I wouldn't worry. Smoothyness and practicality are more important here. The gimmicks really look good and very easy to handle.

And with a bit of thinking you can justify and find a good presentation for you.
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The iperation of the gimmick is incredibly smooth! Ive had no issues with it whatsoever. In terms of how convincing it is, ive been showing it to friends and colleagues over the past couple of days and no one has sussed it. I've been mostly performing Ran Pinks handling which I think is amazing and it hits so much harder than I had anticipated! The PDF on a Mac can be found when you place the disk into the Mac, go to Finder, click on the icon for the dvd and you'll see it just above the disk files! Rams routine can be found in there! I spoke to Peter earlier and they're hoping to get some bonus material on the registered products page around Monday!

Either way, I still love this and I'm having so much fun with it!!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2016, sbays wrote:
You got the good ones I guess. heh I still have an old set of them I pulled out last night. Same problem. Oh well.

Wd40?
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
I wish they were selling refills

I agree. For the routine I am working on, I need another set of Yes/No regular cards.
I would be happy to pay 40 bucks for another "gaffed" card, but just for two regular cards, I hesitate...

Rock
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Maybe a tiny bit of fanning powder would help?

I wish they sold refills, too.

And, I do hope they put up some new routines on the Alakazam web site.

Robert
Texas36
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Texas36
Maybe it's me but I am finding the gimmick difficult and unreliable. No way this would consistently work as the dvd instructs. A big disappointment for me. I am thinking of returning it.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2016, Cotham wrote:
Maybe it's me but I am finding the gimmick difficult and unreliable. No way this would consistently work as the dvd instructs. A big disappointment for me. I am thinking of returning it.

Why doesn't it work? To tight? What happens when you slide it?
Texas36
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Texas36
Without giving away too much, it doesn't completely work without multiple motions
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Cotham, I've been using mine for nearly a week now with no issues. Works beautifully and constantly. Maybe you have an issue with your gaff.

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JordanD
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of JordanD
Without giving too much away, I tried mine out for the first time on the wife Saturday and found that the action didn't go as it should and I had part of the gimmick come out one side of the card. Hope if I return it the next gimmick will be ok. Has anyone else had this issue?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Oh dear. Another QC issue going on, similar to Skycrap V2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Decisions by Mozique and Alakazam (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL