We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitation Dismount (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

janos5303
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of janos5303
I have a project where a performer needs to be revealed in the cross legged Hindu levitation and then dismount and go into the audience. I have looked at a number of options but they all seem to require apparatus that is not fluid. The performer would need to be hidden to dismount. Aside from some sort of wire apparatus are there any other options out there?

Thanks in advance
Janos
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2419 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
This either requires a good deal of strength or a fairly sophisticated build beyond the ability of most people. It's just money. I would recommend going to any of the big illusion fabricators and have them design it to fit your needs.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
janos5303
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of janos5303
Thanks Ray, I appreciate the response.
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Doug Henning did something very similar to this on (I believe) his second TV special. You might see if you can find it online. I'm going strictly by long memories, but I want to say it was the special hosted by Michael Landon. If you watch it you may be able to figure it out (it's not ultra-sophisticated) and design something similar.

Edit: I found two examples: Click here and look at 12:00 for the first version.

A more sophisticated version can be seen at the 16:32 mark here.

Hope this helps!
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2419 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Good memory Frank! Yeah, that was the one I was thinking of as well that I believe John Gaughan built. It seems so simple until you actually try and make it work! He's made several variations on it over the years.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
janos5303
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of janos5303
Thanks Frank, that's kind of what I'm looking for. In the first video, it almost looks like he is having difficulty getting off of the device.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitation Dismount (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL