The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ERASER by Rick Lax (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1650 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Pegasus, they can indeed be taken apart my freind. Shown as two individual cards. As in, one card in one hand and the other in the other hand! Gonna head out now and try this on a few freinds, see how it goes down!!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1623 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I think this is a good idea. The comparison with 2-Card Monte (Be Honest..) is spurious: the effect aren't remotely similar. I've thought of a way you could do it (think Science Friction), but Rick's is probably better.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Christian Rey
View Profile
Regular user
Magician'y toast...to my
135 Posts

Profile of Christian Rey
Rick Lax is on FIRE right now, killing the game! If Rick was a DJ, he'd be headlining every major spot it LV.

Past Present Future was like a number one hit amongst a full catalog of hits from R-Lax. Smile

Absolutely gonna be scooping up his latest and greatest...lets go RL! Smile
My first name rhymes with Magician
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7784 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2016, JamieD wrote:
Pegasus, they can indeed be taken apart my freind. Shown as two individual cards. As in, one card in one hand and the other in the other hand! Gonna head out now and try this on a few freinds, see how it goes down!!

Jamie Daws

That's good to hear. Thanks Jamie. Smile
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
660 Posts

Profile of egoli
Just purchased this and watched the download - absolutely love it - can't wait to try it out. Another winner from Rick.

Ed

P.S. Yes it is easy and cheap to make this on your own but it is really worth it to support magic innovators like Rick.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Looks like another winner from Rick.

Instant reactions from a group of spectators & that's what the person who hired you wants to see.

Like this alot.

Mike Donoghue
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
744 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Haven't watched the demo yet but the effect is not as strong as "be honest, what is it?". Only one card changes.
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
The trick alone wont hit hard, but the presentation that Rick Lax teaches is da boss!
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2016, Roland Choo wrote:
I dived and bought it. I like this trick. This is 66% for me before I really perform it. There are many variations for this principle provided by Rick Lax on the download. I share one. You can use the frixon pen effect to add on this magic if you like frixon as much as I do. Another comment is that this trick is good in corporate event by showing how easy data can be stolen within a second when we are not careful. Now, I am waiting for the delivery and since the ad said all props are included then I will expect the bxxx card is added as well. Good job, Rick.

And a trade show as well Mr Choo. How easy hackers still data etc...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2016, Christian Rey wrote:
Rick Lax is on FIRE right now, killing the game! If Rick was a DJ, he'd be headlining every major spot it LV.

Past Present Future was like a number one hit amongst a full catalog of hits from R-Lax. Smile

Absolutely gonna be scooping up his latest and greatest...lets go RL! Smile

Yes and don't expect him to come on here. Heard he got bashed in the past and doesn't want that again. Performance on the streets of LV. Not bad, not bad at all.
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Decomposed, yes. Good for trade show as well. Steal right in front of them.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thank you Mr Choo!
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
588 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Maybe end with one of those transparent cards from The Phantom Deck instead of a blank
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
149 Posts

Profile of James927
I bought it. I'm happy with the purchase. I recently bought Danial Bryan's Gone and think Eraser is a simpler, more direct version of Gone. It also might be a good follow up when asked to repeat Gone. Or when asked to repeat NFW, Ace, etc. It'll certainly stand strong on it's own though. Eraser's strength is in it's easy to follow directness.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2016, Bill08 wrote:
Maybe end with one of those transparent cards from The Phantom Deck instead of a blank

That's an interesting idea I hadn't thought of.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2016, Bill08 wrote:

That's a much better idea actually. All you need is a roughed pair and the transparent card. Or even a sheet of transparency cut to the size of a card.

They would get to see both cards placed clearly and individually in their hand and the transparent card just rides along on the back of one of the cards you place in their hand.

You could even have them sign the card, while you hold it, as in a recently released much maligned trick. Then you remove "one" card and the other disappears (turns clear) except for the spectators signature.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I just purchased this today and as I wait on the postal service I was able to find the things needed to make this up. I'm very impressed with this. I will use it almost as taught however with a mentalist overtone. I will ask them to select one of the cards and call it out. Then as I remove the card and show it if it matches great and I will say since you did not chose the card in your hand I will vanish it with my mind. And if the card chosen is not the one showing Iwill say that this was a free choice you have the card in your hand...you could have chosen the other card but you chose this one. Then Id say let's do something amazing with that chosen card. Id then vanish it with the power of my mind and ask them to open their hands. I honestly like this effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric

There are some nice love story themes too that this lends itself to.
Arcato
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of Arcato
I also didn't like the trailer. You don't get to see a full performance. Why? Because the method would be obvious to a magician? I don't know. But I have purchased too much stuff in the past that didn't hold up to what was promised in the trailer. Why can't they show an unedited, full performance?
Uwe
HDMike
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of HDMike
I just purchased this effect. I love the method and there are so many possibilities. Another great effect by Rick. Thanks Eric, I like your idea.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It says "intro price ends at midnight..." for the past few days. I wonder if they are actually going to increase the price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ERASER by Rick Lax (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL