The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Not What You Would Expect From An Airliner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 4,630+ posts, only credited with
127 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Legend has it that Chuck Yeager did a barrel roll in a Boeing 707
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
That was cool. Very maneuverable for such a large aircraft.

Not to change the subject, but as I was sitting here watching the video I couldn't help but notice the level of production for the video. It was what one would expect for a 265 million dollar aircraft. Upbeat music. Great, clear video. Well produced, but not overdone.

In my mind I was contrasting it with the overly hyped videos for the latest 40 dollar magic trick; which, in my opinion are annoying and overdone.

It would be funny to do a magician version of the Boeing video with people screaming when they see what the plane can do, pilots making silly hand gestures- that kind of thing.

New from Sans Wings... the Boeing Dreamweaver...
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2016, MGordonB wrote:
Legend has it that Chuck Yeager did a barrel roll in a Boeing 707

Legendary, but not a legend. The pilot was Tex Johnson, the aircraft was a 707 and he rolled it over Lake Washington (Seattle, WA) in 1955.Here's the video:

imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1116 Posts

Profile of imgic
Story in the Air Force was the barrel roll of the 707 is what sold it to the military. That's why the 707 airframe was used for KC-135 tankers, EC-135 survellience planes, E-3 AWACS radar planes, and host of other aircraft.

That barrel roll made Boeing a lot of money.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Like Tex said when his boss asked him why he did it, "I'm selling airplanes."
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1820 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
For a fascinating read, this book tells the story of a British test pilot. Highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wings-My-Sleeve......53822091

WINGS ON MY SLEEVE
The autobiography of one of the greatest pilots in history.

In 1939 Eric Brown was on a University of Edinburgh exchange course in Germany, and the first he knew of the war was when the Gestapo came to arrest him. They released him, not realising he was a pilot in the RAF volunteer reserve: and the rest is history. Eric Brown joined the Fleet Air Arm and went on to be the greatest test pilot in history, flying more different aircraft types than anyone else.

During his lifetime he made a record-breaking 2,407 aircraft carrier landings and survived eleven plane crashes. One of Britain's few German-speaking airmen, he went to Germany in 1945 to test the Nazi jets, interviewing (among others) Hermann Goering and Hanna Reitsch. He flew the suicidally dangerous Me 163 rocket plane, and tested the first British jets. WINGS ON MY SLEEVE is 'Winkle' Brown's incredible story.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Not What You Would Expect From An Airliner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL