The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Color changing knife (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I have traveled extensively, I have interacted with many people from many countries, some speak English, so do not.
I find it sad that so many people are calling for understanding, without giving any.
Motown, thank you fir the wonderful link.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
There are no routines or instructions for routines for only one knife in magic, to change the color.

Actually, there is! One such routine was printed in the Linking Ring Magazine (September 1944). It uses just the one knife.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2020, Mark Williams wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
There are no routines or instructions for routines for only one knife in magic, to change the color.

Actually, there is! One such routine was printed in the Linking Ring Magazine (September 1944). It uses just the one knife.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams

Well, 1944, I wasn't born yet, so in three years, 1947, I did not join the IBM. Even if I could, you could no get back copies or download them yet. My mother would not let me play with knives, anyway.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, tctahoe wrote:
I have traveled extensively, I have interacted with many people from many countries, some speak English, so do not.
I find it sad that so many people are calling for understanding, without giving any.
Motown, thank you fir the wonderful link.

The foreigners that do speak English and Write English want to learn. The foreigners that do not, don't want to learn and therefore forget what they were taught. Those that do, get work on the military bases, those that did not, didn't get hired. When in Vietnam, the military increased the value of the Vietnamese currency to more then the American dollar, so the countries currency value prospered the Vietnamese people.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Doc Eason’s routine uses just 1 knife if anyone cares.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Meir Yedid mentioned that he performs a one knife routine when table hopping. It is unpublished at this time. He discussed it in one of his newsletters when promoting a "Hot Rod" style color changing knife. Meir's discussion of it in the newsletter is complete enough for someone to build a short routine.

I have a one knife routine using a Joe Mogar Hot Rod knife that is similar to Meir's (independently developed). It is based something that Joe Mogar was doing over 20 years ago at his dealer's booth when pitching the Hot Rod Knife. I haven't written my little routine up anywhere since it is basic and quick. I don't think Joe wrote up his little routine either. He sells two knife sets (and having a three knife set is better IMHO).

The reason I mention this is to suggest that developing a one-knife routine that is visual, fun, and magical just isn't that difficult.

As Frank just mentioned above, Doc Eason has published (on video) his one-knife routine. It is found on his DVD "After All These Years". Watch his routine here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWu_EdlDC80
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
David asecas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of David asecas
Sounds great, I'm going to see the tctahoe routine you have at the penguin conference
Threecard
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Arizona
141 Posts

Profile of Threecard
TC Tahoe Routine is available at Lybrary.com here:
https://www.lybrary.com/tc-tahoe-rethink......158.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Color changing knife (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL